• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
deadline.com

‘Game Of Thrones’: Amanda Segel To Write ‘10,000 Ships’ Spinoff

Princess Nymeria has found her chronicler.

Amanda Segel, co-exec producer on Hulu's Helstrom and Person of Interest, has been tapped to write one of the Game of Thrones spinoffs.

Deadline understands that Segel is tackling the 10,000 Ships project, which is one of three spinoffs that we revealed were in the works at HBO. HBO declined to comment.

The drama is expected to follow the journey made by warrior queen Princess Nymeria and the surviving members of the Rhoynars, who traveled from Essos to Dorne following their defeat by the Valyrian Freehold in the Second Spice War.

This migration took place around 1,000 years before the events depicted in the A Song of Ice and Fire novels. Arya Stark, played by Maisie Williams, named her direwolf after Nymeria.

Segel's past writing credits also include CBS' The Good Wife, on which she was a producer, and as an exec producer on Spike TV's Stephen King drama The Mist. She also developed a TV series based on video game Skull and Bones from Ubisoft.

[...]

I am not too interested in this particular story as I never liked Dorne and Essos (the later reeks of Orientalism in the books).

Dunk & Egg are still the best choice IMO as it would build up all the way to Summerhall, so decades of story to tell (it's not just a buddy adventure, that's just in the early years).

But I'm not going to complain at more Game of Thrones stuff. Hopefully House of the Dragon works out.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes please bring this to series. Nymeria and the whole Rhoynar v Valyrian war is one of my most favourite bits from the lore videos.

Relevant lore vids as narrated by Varys and Prince Oberyn

That first video is nuts. The Rhoynar managed to defeat an army of 100,000 colonial Valyrians that were backed up by war elephants and 3 dragons. Then the actual Valyrian Empire stepped in with a larger army and dozens upon dozens of dragons and it was all over for the Rhoynar. No amount of water magic will protect against that. It's the aftermath of that slaughter that Nymeria is fleeing to Dorne with the last of her people.

No wonder House Martell weren't shaken by the Targaryens and their 3 dragons over millennia later. Which makes the ending of GoT that much more idiotic. Why would Dorne submit to Bran?

Last edited:

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for this - Dorne is my favorite kingdom and I can't wait to see the diversity throughout the series. Nymeria is also a really good character.

Also we might see Sothoryos and the Valyrian Freehold.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
All of these spin-offs are set in really cool historical points but I must admit that Age of Heroes would've been the coolest. It's a shame that didn't end up making that one work.