• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Late-stage Goldbergs man... this show fell nearly as hard as How I Met Your Mother. It's getting painful to watch.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys haven't already, give Reservation Dogs a try. I think I'm really into the whole FX catalog at this point. Well only a few shows so far but I like them all and now I need to go watch other shows they have like What We Do In The Shadows and Devs.

Also sounds like I need to try out White Lotus based on what people are saying

Late-stage Goldbergs man... this show fell nearly as hard as How I Met Your Mother. It's getting painful to watch.
Mmhmm. I mostly agree. I think HIMYM is worse. I tend to be okay for a LONG time when watching formulaic stuff but The Goldbergs is somehow really bad when it comes to it and the referential stuff really stops being entertaining how it was before. Definitely time to wrap that show up.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys haven't already, give Reservation Dogs a try. I think I'm really into the whole FX catalog at this point. Well only a few shows so far but I like them all and now I need to go watch other shows they have like What We Do In The Shadows and Devs.
I enjoyed the first two episodes of Dogs enough but I haven't found it particularly funny. Charming but not funny (although I love the twins). Still, it's awesome seeing representation on TV.

As for FX, it's been top tier for a while. They're only just behind HBO for me in terms of quality output. I mean look at this list!
What we do in the shadows
Fargo
Dave
Always sunny
Baskets
The Americans
Atlanta
Justified
Louis (I know CK is trash but before we knew that the show was amazing)

To say nothing of their limited series like Fosse/Verden or Miss America

Even their misses like Wilfred, Sons of Anarchy, or Better Things have had great concepts, seasons or individual episodes. As far as I'm concerned they've only gotten better as a producer the last several years and probably the best is yet to come. I was absolutely thrilled when they got brought on board Hulu and I continue to look forward to nearly everything that hits the streamer/channel

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I enjoyed the first two episodes of Dogs enough but I haven't found it particularly funny. Charming but not funny (although I love the twins). Still, it's awesome seeing representation on TV.

As for FX, it's been top tier for a while. They're only just behind HBO for me in terms of quality output. I mean look at this list!
Fargo
Dave
Always sunny
Baskets
The Americans
Atlanta
Justified

Even their misses like Wilfred, Sons of Anarchy, or Better Things have had great concepts, seasons or individual episodes. As far as I'm concerned they've only gotten better as a producer the last several years and probably the best is yet to come. I was absolutely thrilled when they got brought on board Hulu and I continue to look forward to nearly everything that hits the streamer/channel

I wouldn't put any of the latter 3 in the miss category. Critics love Better Things, even if I just like it. Plus Sons of Anarchy was one of their biggest shows from a ratings perspective. And I have a soft spot for Wilfred which is often forgotten, but I really enjoyed. I admit it comes down to personal taste though, and agree with the overall point. Can't forget about Archer either.

I personally would put The Strain and Bastard Executioner in the miss column for FX.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't put any of the latter 3 in the miss category. Critics love Better Things, even if I just like it. Plus Sons of Anarchy was one of their biggest shows from a ratings perspective. And I have a soft spot for Wilfred which is often forgotten, but I really enjoyed. I admit it comes down to personal taste though, and agree with the overall point. Can't forget about Archer either.

I personally would put The Strain and Bastard Executioner in the miss column for FX.
Yeah I actually specifically meant miss for me but that was probably poorly conveyed. Bastard and the strain are all time bad though lol. At least Bastard didn't get four seasons 🤦🏻

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah I actually specifically meant miss for me but that was probably poorly conveyed. Bastard and the strain are all time bad though lol. At least Bastard didn't get four seasons 🤦🏻

Yeah, I tapped out on Bastards after one episode.

The kid on The Strain just made me appreciate anytime I see a good/great child actor on a TV show and how rare it is.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's been forever, but the last season finally has a premiere date. Sept 22

tvline.com

Dear White People Season 4 Premiere Date Revealed — Final Episodes Will Be a ’90s-Inspired Musical Event’

Netflix unveiled the premiere date for 'Dear White People's fourth and final season, which will be a '90s musical event.

Also creator Justin Simien has signed with Paramount Studios

deadline.com

‘Dear White People’ Creator Justin Simien Inks Overall Deal With Paramount Television Studios

Dear White People creator Justin Simien is getting into business with Paramount Television Studios.

Wait... Is this real?

Damn, they really did run out of ideas in season 2.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Haven't watched any new decent shows in almost 2 years, not to mention I have no idea what's even new and worth it. Is there any website where I can see what premiered in the last two years and is worth my time? Doesn't matter if it's drama or comedy, just want to have some decent filtering and info about shows.

Thanks.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched any new decent shows in almost 2 years, not to mention I have no idea what's even new and worth it. Is there any website where I can see what premiered in the last two years and is worth my time? Doesn't matter if it's drama or comedy, just want to have some decent filtering and info about shows.

Thanks.
www.imdb.com

Top 250 TV Shows

Check out the top 250 TV shows as rated by IMDb users

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Also sounds like I need to try out White Lotus based on what people are saying

Mmhmm. I mostly agree. I think HIMYM is worse. I tend to be okay for a LONG time when watching formulaic stuff but The Goldbergs is somehow really bad when it comes to it and the referential stuff really stops being entertaining how it was before. Definitely time to wrap that show up.
It was a bit of a hyperbole. HIMYM had higher to fall, but the lows may not even have been as bad.
Thank God I chose Better Off Ted to watch alongside this. I'm almost done with the binge.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Nobody should be sleeping on Dave, FXX killed it with that incredible finale

Burd talked about a season 3 like it's basically a done deal, but also mentioned working on his music in between so he might not jump straight into production like he did from S1 to S2

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
The CW's already-renewed In the Dark drew 291,000 total viewers and a 0.0 demo rating, ticking down from its last fresh outing to hit and tie series lows. Opening The CW's night, Riverdale (450K/0.1) dropped some eyeballs and was steady in the demo after a five-month hiatus, matching series lows.

CBS | Big Brother (3.8 mil/0.9) delivered a best-since-premiere audience and easily led Wednesday in the demo. Love Island (1.7 mil/0.4) was steady week-to-week.

NBC | America's Got Talent (5.4 mil/0.6) was down sharply from Tuesday's outing, but easily scored the night's biggest audience. Leading out of that, the Bell-Shepards' Family Game Fight (2.6 mil/0.5) was down a tick from Sunday's sneak preview.

ABC | Leading out of Press Your Luck (3.2 mil/0.4) and $100,000 Pyramid (3.5 mil/0.5), Superstar debuted to 2.8 mil and a 0.3.

FOX | MasterChef (2.2 mil/0.4) dipped after a multi-week break.

lr7DprE.png

Oct 25, 2017
I really dug the latest episode of American Horror Stories. There is just something about freaks living in the woods that gets me going.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
AMC+ apparently just popped up here in Canada...
Nice! Looks like it's only missing BBC America from the US side of attached brands (though there's some shows in there), and a good chunk of show licenses are scattered to the wind still. The main image advertises Walking Dead while all of its shows are stuck on Netflix and Prime, so it's mostly best of shows. North Water is with Super Channel (curses!), but finally a way to watch Ultra City Smiths!

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yea but the writing on Power and Power Book 2 are kinda bad. They look good(set in the present) but writing can be improved. Book 3 Raising Kanan looks good (set in 90s NY) and the writing is a ton better than both Power and Book 2. Maybe budget isnt the right word, but hope the writing gets better than Power Book 1 and 2.

No amount of money can fix poor writing! (see also: Game of Thrones, Marvel, Star Wars, etc)

finally a way to watch Ultra City Smiths!

!!!

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Lord Of The Rings’ To Move Production To UK From New Zealand For Season 2

Season 2 of Amazon Studios' The Lord of the Rings TV series is moving production to the UK from New Zealand.
Amazon Studios' big-budget The Lord of the Rings TV series is leaving the franchise's longtime home in New Zealand and moving production to the UK starting with the upcoming second season.

The so-far untitled The Lord of the Rings series, which recently wrapped principal photography on Season 1, is scheduled to premiere on Prime Video Sept. 2, 2022. Season 1 post production will continue in New Zealand through June 2022, and pre-production on Season Two will begin concurrently in the UK right after Jan. 1, 2022.

The elaborate sets built for the show will be shipped to the UK. It is unclear where exactly in the UK The Lord Of the Rings will shoot as part of the streaming studio's efforts to expand its footprint in the country. Amazon, which has multiple series filming in the UK, is currently in the process of booking stages to house the sets.
The pandemic, which no one anticipated when the series was first greenlit, impacted the show's production which was shut down — like virtually all American series — at the onset of the global outbreak in March 2020. Because of how New Zealand has tackled Covid, closing its borders to keep the virus away, the cast of the show, more than half of whom are British, stayed in the country for about two years without being able to spend holidays with their families. The lockdown also prevented Amazon executives from visiting the sets to monitor the high-profile — and hugely expensive — shoot.

A move to the UK will allow the British cast to stay close to home. Meanwhile, the series is expected to hire a new UK-based crew as the majority of the Season 1 crew were local, based in New Zealand.

Also factored into the decision to move production was the opportunity to film in other locations around Europe. For instance, HBO's Game of Thrones, whose primary location was in Ireland, filmed in a number of other European countries, including the UK, Spain, Malta, Iceland and Croatia.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fargo
Dave
Always sunny
Baskets
The Americans
Atlanta
Justified

Also, Damages is underrated-- the first season especially is a bonkers good time.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of annoyed that the NBC lineup got preempted tonight for a football game. I didn't realize the lineup was being aired on a different channel instead. I never really watch "Cozi" lol.

Fargo
Dave
Always sunny
Baskets
The Americans
Atlanta
Justified

I don't think its super funny so far but there have been parts that I find amusing and more than anything I find it to be interesting and entertaining. Its definitely something I'll stick with. Ah thanks for this list. So many shows on there that I need to give a watch. FX and their reputation have become a lot better than how I thought of them before. TBS was another network that was going up but that has kind of paused.

Yes! The Hulu connection that they have going is really good. FX misses seem more rare than the quality stuff so that is good. Of that miss list, Better Things was the only one I tried to watch and I eventually just stopped. Just wasn't enjoying it.

It was a bit of a hyperbole. HIMYM had higher to fall, but the lows may not even have been as bad.
Thank God I chose Better Off Ted to watch alongside this. I'm almost done with the binge.
That is true. Better Off Ted was such a good show. Too short lived though. Would have liked to enjoy that longer.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So how was the season as a whole? The couple episodes I watched I enjoyed quite a bit but it didn't hit the highs of season one
Season as a whole was great. The first 8 episodes are basically dark and anxiety filled with Dave playing the villain just so the final two episodes can pay off incredibly. It's like watching a plane come out of a tailspin at the very last second.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell it's from the creator of Curb

The Bar Mitzvah episode made you feel GaTa was seconds away from something really bad happening
Yes! The entire time I was just waiting for something tragic to happen. It felt like there was going to be some scene where something happens really suddenly before you can fully take in what is happening.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
🚨 Netflix just stealth released the first 4 episodes of the final season of Grace and Frankie 🚨

The final 12 episodes are coming next year.

Hours Left

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Last edited:

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Next American Crime Story is Studio 54 AND American Love Story and American Sports Story are in development with JFK Jr. and Aaron Hernandez the subjects of s1 for each of those.

variety.com

FX Orders ‘American Love Story’ and ‘American Sports Story’ Anthologies, Has ‘Studio 54: American Crime Story’ Officially in Development

'American Crime Story' gets a 'Studio 54' installment at FX; network also orders 'American Love Story,' 'American Sports Story.'

Mega-producers cutting kajillion dollar deals with Netflix and then spending half their time working with other companies will never get old for me.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
Fox's primetime coverage of the MLB's "Field of Dreams" game between the Yankees and White Sox averaged 5.2 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating (in fast nationals), topping Thursday in both measures.

Elsewhere, and with many pending adjustment due to NFL preemption:

CBS | Big Brother (4.6 mil/1.0) and Love Island (2.7 mil/0.6) are both currently up week-to-week.

NBC | Brooklyn Nine-Nine's final season opener (2.7 mil/0.6) was right on par with its previous averages (2.1 mil/0.6), while a second episode did 2.3 mil/0.5. Making It (2.1 mil/0.4) ticked up in its later time slot.

THE CW | Walker's freshman finale (1.2 mil/0.1) and The Outpost (610K/0.1) are both currently up in audience.

ABC | Holey Moley (2.7 mil/0.4), When Nature Calls (1.7 mil/0.3) and The Hustler (1.7 mil/0.3) were all steady.
nW1gglc.png

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Not shocking Big Brother finally recovered in ratings after the Olympics (ALL HAIL DEREK X!)

Also the Dreams game was really fucking good.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some TCA news:
deadline.com

Noah Hawley ‘Cat’s Cradle’ Not Moving Forward At FX

FX boss John Landgraf said at the network’s virtual summer 2021 TCA today that Fargo creator Noah Hawley‘s adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut’s Cat Cradle officially is not happening at the network. FX Day @ TCA: Deadline’s Full Coverage Hawley already indicated to Deadline in a previous interview that...

deadline.com

‘What We Do In The Shadows’: FX Renews Vampire Mockumentary Series For Season 4

FX announced the season 4 renewal of vampire mockumentary 'What We Do In The Shadows.'

deadline.com

‘Retreat’ Limited Series From Brit Marling & Zal Batmanglij Ordered By FX With Marling Co-Starring

FX has greenlighted Retreat, a limited series from The OA creators Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij. Marling will play a key role in the mystery series which follows Darby Hart, a Gen Z amateur sleuth, as she attempts to solve a murder at a secluded retreat. The network is expected to confirm the...

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Retreat’ Limited Series From Brit Marling & Zal Batmanglij Ordered By FX With Marling Co-Starring

FX has greenlighted Retreat, a limited series from The OA creators Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij. Marling will play a key role in the mystery series which follows Darby Hart, a Gen Z amateur sleuth, as she attempts to solve a murder at a secluded retreat. The network is expected to confirm the...
Yes, Brit and Zal keep the goods coming, please and thank you,

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, I've been feeling some sort of shift in 2019/2020 where a lot of my favorite shows were ending but I didn't have anything to replace them with. It's very likely because everything is moving to streaming and episode counts and seasons are getting shorter and shorter every year, but the pandemic really sped it all up while also delaying or cancelling a lot of shows.

Broadcast TV is mostly bland, inoffensive garbage, and cable TV is practically dead. Streaming is great, don't get me wrong, but I can stream a show much faster than if it were on cable or broadcast, and there's just not a lot that's grabbing my attention, despite there being more shows airing than ever before.

Agreed. I do think a lot of it is that shows are going streaming dropping whole seasons in one day, so therefore you can binge it all that day if it's a 10 ep 30 minute series. Then you're back to square one.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Next American Crime Story is Studio 54 AND American Love Story and American Sports Story are in development with JFK Jr. and Aaron Hernandez the subjects of s1 for each of those.

variety.com

FX Orders ‘American Love Story’ and ‘American Sports Story’ Anthologies, Has ‘Studio 54: American Crime Story’ Officially in Development

'American Crime Story' gets a 'Studio 54' installment at FX; network also orders 'American Love Story,' 'American Sports Story.'

I...guess...?

Mega-producers cutting kajillion dollar deals with Netflix and then spending half their time working with other companies will never get old for me.

Same lmao

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Titans’ Star Vincent Kartheiser Was Subject Of Multiple Investigations Over On-Set Misconduct Claims

Vincent Kartheiser's stint on Season 3 of Titans triggered at least two complaints and two internal investigations by Warner Bros TV.
EXCLUSIVE: Vincent Kartheiser is a major new cast addition to Season 3 of the DC series Titans, which is currently airing on HBO Max. But the Mad Men alum, who plays the villain Scarecrow, is not in the poster for the new season and was not actively involved in publicly efforts for the new season after his stint on the show triggered at least two complaints and two internal investigations by Titans studio Warner Bros Television, I have learned. The studio declined comment.

The allegations, which are believed to have included disruptive, juvenile behavior and inappropriate comments, were investigated by WBTV's Labor Relations department, which interviewed the relevant parties. The investigations were conducted remotely because of Covid protocols that did not allow for Burbank-based investigators to visit the series' Toronto set.

According to sources, the first investigation into a complaint, said to be about verbal comments and outbursts, concluded that Kartheiser's behavior didn't rise to level of termination but did warrant corrective action. The actor was verbally reprimanded by the studio, I hear.

Weeks later, near the end of Season 3 production, WBTV received a second complaint that also was investigated. This time, it resulted in the studio assigning a representative to monitor Kartheiser while he was on set, sources said.

I hear there were other claims about alleged misconduct by Kertheiser raised in the complaints that were also investigated but were not corroborated sources said.