• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
test.png

test9.png

• Developer/Publisher - Spike Chunsoft
  • Platform(s) - PS4, PC
  • Release Date: September 4 (US / EU [Steam] ) / September 21 (EU [PS4] )
  • Genre: Adventure / Visual Novel
  • Director: Jiro Ishii
test111.png

A kidnapping on the mean streets of Shibuya brings together a hot-blooded detective, hard-hitting journalist, former gang leader, the head researcher of a big pharma manufacturer and a part-timer stuck in cat costume.

This is a story of the Shibuya Scramble, and a series of events each more unexpected and outrageous than the last.

Can they--or the city itself--make it through the day?

test10.png

test1.png

test2.png

test3.png

test4.png

test5.png

test6.png

test11.png

test7.png

test12.png

Last edited:

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know... like, it looks really interesting but yeah, all this live action stuff looks super cheesy!

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly way more excited for this than spiderman and dragon quest. The demo was rad

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what, for some reason I thought this was coming out Q1 2019. Any limited edition I need to preorder D:?

Gene

Oct 25, 2017
Just started this, I'm in 11:00, really enjoying it so far!
Hoping that all of the bananas aren't actually relevant to the story and it's just a visual gag they thought was funny.

ashen

Oct 27, 2017
Although the date given for EU is September 21st, the date displayed on Steam is September 4th - presumably it's just the EU PS4 version on the 21st.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Guess I gotta buy this when I'm done with Dragon Quest 11, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Mega Man 11. This year is just batshit insane.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still a bit unclear as to what sort of a story this is. Like is it mostly a comedy or is it a twisty, convoluted story with a wacky tone or is it actually a serious drama with the occasional lighthearted moment?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be able to pick this up until Friday, but goddamn I'm so ready for this.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sucks in a way that I'll be in Canada on holiday/vacation when this arrives but will devour it when I get back in October. Looking forward to it anyway, always was one of those few visual novels that appeals to me.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
What starts out as a light-hearted action/adventure gradually gets dead serious.

Gotcha, sounds interesting. Most of my gaming time this month will probably be spent with DQ XI and the XB2 dlc, but I'll stay subscribed to this thread, read y'all impressions. Definitely curious!

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Forget Spider-Man, I really hyped to finally play this game in English this week. I hope at the very least it was worth the risk for Spike to localize this.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Have to wait until the end of September to get this, but the demo was brilliant so I'm eager to give it a go!

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what this game is about, really. But based on some recommendations from people I've been heavily anticipating it. Can't wait to play it soon.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I liked the demo more then I thought I would. The hopping between "timelines" was well done and characters were great.

Game is definitely on the wishlist but right now between backlog, DQXI, Spider-Man and NBA game(s) plus AC Odyssey, it's going to be a while till I get to it. Too many good games :(.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
I was very excited for the game, but then I read it being compared to Time Travelers, and now I'm not that excited.
(Or is that another case of Level 5 taking a great idea and churning out a disappointing take on that?)

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I was very excited for the game, but then I read it being compared to Time Travelers, and now I'm not that excited.
(Or is that another case of Level 5 taking a great idea and churning out a disappointing take on that?)
That had disappointing reviews, this doesn't. And this has an all-star localization team behind it(Alexander O Smith's crew).

Matcha

Oct 29, 2017

As someone who played Time Travelers before 428, 428 is way, way better.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I actually only just now played the demo... Welp, I'm sold. Dunno if I'll pick it up this week but I loved what I played.

The occasional Twin Peaks references make me very interested to see how the plot plays out.

Gene

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels weirdly high budget - I'm used to other VNs using the same backgrounds and portraits over and over, but almost every scene in 428 has unique props and sets, along with image effects and animations that don't seem to get reused.
The story is also so well constructed. I feel like I'm playing Ghost Trick for the first time again.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
This game feels weirdly high budget - I'm used to other VNs using the same backgrounds and portraits over and over, but almost every scene in 428 has unique props and sets, along with image effects and animations that don't seem to get reused.
The story is also so well constructed. I feel like I'm playing Ghost Trick for the first time again.

Ghost Trick, eh.. High praise

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

It's not really a VN. It's more of a sound novel.

Gene

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Trick, eh.. High praise
I mean this in the sense that the reveals are really well paced. You aren't just building up to a big surprise at the end, you're getting new information all the time. Some of that information is relevant to characters other than the one you're following, which makes each character's story tie together with the others really nicely. The story is so well told that I'm less worried about where it's going as opposed to how it unfolds as it gets there.

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone remotely has an interest in this game, download the PS4 demo. It's about an hour long and your progress transfers over to the final game.

Amazing game, really excited to play it on Tuesday.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
In case some people are not aware, this game was released on Wii 10 years ago and got a 40/40 from Famitsu.

Fancolours

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very interested in finally getting to play this, but I'm not sure if I will have the time. How long does it take to beat it on average?

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in this, but sadly it'll simply need to wait amongst the glut of other September releases =/

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it isn't delayed in Europe!!!

I know September is jam packed, but seriously, no review?