• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This gets said a lot but my take on it has always been, the Star Wars universe actually isn't giant. Just the opposite: It's always been small, going right back to the very first film, where the leader of the rebellion is being chased by her secret father, and ends up parked right above where her secret brother lives, where her secret father came from, and where the father's mentor now also currently lives, all completely by coincidence.
They were not related in A New Hope (well, Star Wars if we're going to be anal), this was added after the film was made.
I generally agree that the lore in star wars work towards making the universe seem small to a large degree, but there were barely any lore when Lucas made the first film.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
"notable" lol - word though. at least the two media forms are kind of working together at some point.

So she was intentionally getting Fett's attention there yes? Like that was the actual goal?

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
"notable" lol - word though. at least the two media forms are kind of working together at some point.

So she was intentionally getting Fett's attention there yes? Like that was the actual goal?
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this is a larger trap for Jabba and the rest of the Hutts.

Boba wouldn't have seen this had he not forced his way into Jabba's Palace and forced Bib to show him the holo at gunpoint.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this is a larger trap for Jabba and the rest of the Hutts.

Boba wouldn't have seen this had he not forced his way into Jabba's Palace and forced Bib to show him the holo at gunpoint.

Ah word - so it is them making the exact play she's talking at except they had to carjack fuckin Boba Fett to get their leverage LoL

dumb fuckin luck i guess

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
comicbook.com

Solo Star Emilia Clarke Shares Emotional Reaction to Qi'ra’s Surprising Return (Exclusive)

It's officially been over three years since the debut of Solo: A Star Wars Story, and the [...]

"It means so much," Clarke revealed. "It means the absolute world. I know her backstory. I know her history. Maybe the movie didn't get to go there, but that was such an honor and a privilege to be part of that universe as an actor. So then, to see the character actually be taken on to the origin of all of it — bringing it on home to the family in that way — cemented it in a way. I was not expecting to feel as moved as I was by that."

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Tying these stories to existing plotlines is a bit weird.

It's not exactly a "recon" but sort of is.

Like, there's no reason to think boba didn't go straight there. But I guess this is to explain why it took a whole year for the stuff at Jabbas palace to occur.

And I think there's a comic/book that explains that Luke encounters Vader before ESB. So,what we *thought* was their first encounter, isn't.

And the obiwan show seems to hint that maybe obi wan will face Vader. So what we *thought* was their first encounter since ep3, isn't.

It just kinda lessens these big movie moments.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dope, solo was a solid movie and seeing it all get squandered post-release feels so dumb. Disney was willing to push out dog shit TROS but couldn't get behind a solo sequel