• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.rottentomatoes.com

A Quiet Place Part II

Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the...

Screenshot_20210526-124152.jpg

www.indiewire.com

‘A Quiet Place Part II’ Review: John Krasinski’s Satisfying Sequel Widens World and Expands Emotion

John Krasinski's first sequel balances the chills of the original with enough new elements to enthrall audiences without growing unwieldy.
The Abbott family returns in Krasinski's first sequel, which balances the chills of the original with enough new elements to enthrall audiences without growing unwieldy.

A Quiet Place Part II movie review (2021) | Roger Ebert

Even if this sequel remains firmly in the shadows of the original, I wanted part three as soon as it was over.
Even if this sequel remains firmly in the shadows of the original, I wanted part three as soon as it was over.

variety.com

‘A Quiet Place Part II’ Review: John Krasinski’s Monster Movie Sequel Amps Up the Scares

John Krasinski's alien-invasion sequel feels even more unsettling in a world cautiously emerging from the coronavirus.
Well, if you're vaccinated and feeling safe enough to step foot outside your home, Krasinski has crafted a followup that justifies the trip.

www.latimes.com

Review: ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ is (shhh!) a good enough sequel

Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe and large-eared alien monsters return in writer-director John Krasinski's follow-up to his 2018 horror hit.
A killer hook is a killer hook, even if it registers, in this instance, as a somewhat muted echo

amp.usatoday.com

Review: 'A Quiet Place Part II' roars back as a solidly freaky, monster-filled followup

'A Quiet Place Part II' is a solidly freaky John Krasinski horror sequel adding new wrinkles to the story of a family surviving the alien apocalypse.
The new "Quiet Place" doesn't do anything fancy nor does it need to: Adding a few new wrinkles and busting out of the "Alien"-style claustrophobia bent, the sequel is a solid outing that'll sound good enough for folks who, like the Abbots, are also venturing out in a world that feels a little changed.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Emily Blunt in John Krasinski’s ‘A Quiet Place Part II’: Film Review

Cillian Murphy joins Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe in John Krasinski's sequel to his surprise smash sci-fi horror thriller about a family living in silent terror following an alien invasion.
It's another breathless chamber piece, expertly crafted to pack dread into every nerve-rattling sound

Last edited:

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I dont understand the hype for this as I thought the first one was a below average horror movie...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because most people dug it. It is 96% fresh on RT and was a huge hit. I really dug it myself. It was well-crafted and acted. Blunt is always a safe bet
Yeah, what's hard to understand about people wanting a movie that was really well liked by critics and audiences alike and did well in the theaters?

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont understand the hype for this as I thought the first one was a below average horror movie...
I think people just really love John Krasinski and he made a competent horror movie that provided some genuine tension.

It's not the best in the genre, but it's a solid 8/10 movie experience. Plus the sense of isolation in that movie kind of parallels what most of us went through over the past year.

Oct 30, 2017
I had the ending of Part 1 spoiled for me so I've never bothered to watch the film. I sort of get the picture.

Cillian Murphy is the only reason I'd watch the sequel.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Awesome to hear the sequel is likely a solid horror movie, definitely want to check this out when I can. The first one I thought had excellent sections but kind of devolved into some nonsense towards the end. Not scary, but very inventive things sprinkled throughout the movie.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Definitely looking forward to catching this with a friend on release.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
First one was good, but I thought it was kind of overhyped by the time I got around to watching it.

I don't think it needed a sequel, but if it ends up good I'll check it out.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Currently rocking 100% fresh on RT. The first one was really good so awesome to see that the sequel is even better.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The original was one of the coolest theater watches I've ever seen. When the characters had to be silent, so was everyone else. No one even dared chew popcorn.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know there was a second movie. Or maybe I just forgot about the announcement. Anyways can't wait to watch this.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
I honestly enjoyed the first one a lot, like there's some plot contrivances for sure, but it was fun to watch as a tense horror film that wasn't too sinister or scary. Sometimes that's the kinda horror film I wanna watch.

Though my friends will make fun of me until I die for the palpable anxiety I felt over the nail in the stair.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
My biggest complaint with the first movie is that I think it would have been way more effective without a score. Would have made the scene with the Neil Young song stand out even more

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020

Same.

Just an overall dumb script that makes no sense all the way through. It's also the apex of the kind of banal, sanitized "horror" that far too often typifies the current state of the genre.

But if people liked the first it looks like they'll also enjoy this.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see the [early] reception is good. The first had some odd choices that didn't match with the rest of the care put into it, but overall it was really solid.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
The original had a lot of contrived moments that were hard to look past, but I liked it fine. Glad to see the sequel isn't a dud.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
The first one was great. Emily Blunt elevates every movie she's in. Can't wait to watch this one, but not sure when that'll be in Canada...

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Really dug the first movie. I saw it in a theater that was luckily very well behaved and quiet, which led to some extremely tense moments.

This will be my first theater movie post-vaccination! :)

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I selfishly kind of wanted this movie to bomb. I have nothing against John Krasinski, but I can't separate him from smug-ass Jim Halpert on the Office. I hate Jim.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I just watch the first film, and despite some cliche scenes, it was very enjoyable.

Ready for the sequel.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
The first one was fun so hopefully the second one will be too. The trailers for this movie are drenched in Emily Blunt's loud, scared whisper talking and it irritates me. I don't really know why. I'd prefer to see the movie than be forced to sit through that damn trailer again.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Nice looking forward to this, might catch a random afternoon show in theaters in few weeks that will be nice and empty.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Can't. Fucking. Wait. I love the first one and am so ready for the last movie I saw in the theater to not be Sonic the fucking Hedgehog (no offense to Sonic).

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
TIL "A quiet place" was at 96% on RT...
This is the day I learned to not trust critics anymore

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the first one was well-done but more stressful than fun. Which I guess a lot of people think is the case for horror movies in general, so I don't know why I felt that way about this one and not most horror movies.