• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

It's not just one thing.

She's been a constant noxious presence within the fandom, combining selective book purism with white supremacy to attack and alienate PoC fans—in many cases, literally harassing them—and attempt to deny any non-white ethnicity existing within Dorne, like how some racists have an all-white vision of European history (which she also uncoincidentally does).

And that's not even to get into her misogynistic streak, or her various other unethical professional antics, such as trying to get other ASOIAF forums shut down, or pretending not to be herself in order to write clearly biased reviews.

She has a 10-year-old tumblr you could probably find and check out if you want a first-hand glimpse into her disturbing mind.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's not just one thing.

She's been a constant noxious presence within the fandom, combining selective book purism with white supremacy to attack and alienate PoC fans—in many cases, literally harassing them—and attempt to deny any non-white ethnicity existing within Dorne, like how some racists have an all-white vision of European history (which she also uncoincidentally does).

And that's not even to get into her misogynistic streak, or her various other unethical professional antics, such as trying to get other ASOIAF forums shut down, or pretending not to be herself in order to write clearly biased reviews.

She has a 10-year-old tumblr you could probably find and check out if you want a first-hand glimpse into her disturbing mind.

Not surprised, had a bad vibe from her before.

I much prefer hearing YolkBoy and LadyGwyn from RadioWesteros, they make the best content, best comments.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
cgiec7wolau61.png

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watch this and tell me his story wasn't originally building up him becoming the new Night King:

And that this wasn't Nissa Nissa (Mhysa! Mhysa!):

And Jaime is totally blowing up the Red Keep to die with Cersei in the books, preventing Daenerys from taking it. Except he kills the valonqar, Victarion Greyjoy, not Euron, who "chokes the life out of" Cersei when he is pregnant, causing a miscarriage (which they filmed in S7 and cut).

Last edited:

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When S8 was coming and I posited that Jon would become the new Night's King and resurrect Dany, and that Tyrion would kill the last dragon...

Tyrion will kill the last dragon.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
No, the Ghost of High Heart's only "sad sound" from the red wedding she foresees is Aegon Frey's little bells. She cackles when she tells where Arya might find her mother, because she knows they are doomed. She has no love for the kingdoms of men. She goes on to essentially remind everyone present that the Old Gods did not forget after reminding them that the first men burned their woods, that they are dying but not dead "not yet!" and that neither is she. So what is she up to before she finally dies?

Jenny was her friend, just as there are those who are allied to the old gods, but in her attempt to screw the Targs she caused the death of her friend, which is the one thing she regrets. When she tells Arya to "be gone!" she is angry that Arya is coming to her as if offering more food to a glutton full of regret for having eaten so much. She most likely committed to bringing about the tragedy of Summerhall after someone came to her with similar grief, maybe Jenny herself.

The Ghost of High Heart or similar folks tried, probably, to push for a union of Stark and Targs through the Pact of Ice & Fire (probably a precursor to what Rhaegar later came to believe, under whose' influence?), so as to prevent a future event where a Targaryen would burn down the weirwoods and defeat the Others, the Others being protectors of the weirwood (the trees turned to warriors under the greenseers: the Others look like walking weirwood). Daenery is coming as the red priests' messiah, the Red God's champion, and a union of Stark and Targaryens is seen as something that would have brought the Targs under the fold of worshiping the old gods. But the "prince who was promised" in the pact never came to be, and so here we are, with the Others now marching south to protect the Gods' Eye.

In the show, them burning the spiral was a symbol of what they came to stop.

You have to see the Ghost of High Heart as a double agent trying to prevent dragons from being awakened at Summerhall.

It's not so tinfoil. Am I wrong? Maybe ;) My avatar says I can be wrong.
HBO has been posting these "a decade of Game of Thrones", I guess it's the anniversary.

BTW, I now believe the show didn't spoil the real ending of the books. Too much about Bran being king parallels the Night's King in the books. Joramun and his horn that wakes giants from the earth = Tormund Giantsbane (his big horn that would wake a giant, his COCK). It is said it could bring down the wall, well Tormund went south of the wall. Old Nan said the Night's King's name was Brandon Stark, and that he may have slept in Bran's very bed. She says he was defeated by his brother. It is said the Night's King's name was erased from history, but what if his name was given to the hero? His name was Brandon Stark, but history instead remembers the hero as a Brandon rather than the Night's King.

And Old Nan said she has a story of a boy who hated stories. Of course he would hate stories, because the story ultimately says the Night's King is defeated.

I think the show basically ended before the book's real ending. D&D must have preferred that, and ran out of time anyway, and may have wanted to not spoil George's actual ending.

This means that when Jon goes north of the wall with Tormund, it is to find the actual TEC and destroy him. In the show Jorah was supposed to survive and end up at the wall, which would imply a betrayal of Dany. So I think Jorah killed Daenerys originally, ends up banished at the wall to appease Daenerys' supporters, Jon retakes the post of lord commander because that was his vow, and he eventually goes north with Tormund and maybe a few companions to find the TEC, of which Bloodraven would have just been a facade. The sword that killed Mhysa! Mhysa! would now be Lightbringer. Some theorize that such a sword would need a special hilt that can withstand fire; a dragonbone hilt, the Catspaw's dagger's hilt. So the sword used to kill "Bran" has a hilt made with the dagger's that was used to attempt to kill him.

"Innocent? The wretched boy was spying on us." -Jaime Lannister
I'm telling yall they'll announce the real ending is coming. It's going to be a movie. Set after Bran became king. Arya and Bran's trailer, at the end, it's teasing it.
I thought about it again.
The show ended exactly where the books' Night's King story would begin. Think about it.
I got it wrong in my previous post. JON is the next Night's King, who was said to have been lord commander, and it is Daenerys he will find (in some form) north of the wall. His corpse queen. Brandon the Breaker = Bran the Broken. Joramun and his horn of winter that could wake giants and bring the wall down is Tormund and his big cock, who went south of the wall. The show even hinted at Daenerys becoming some Other, when she told Jon they could be together at the waterfall for a thousand years, while wearing her weirwood-looking dress. The Others are protectors of the weirwood, and Bran essentially stole the gods' "fire" like Prometheus. Lightbringer is Drogon, under Bran's control.

It's coming!
https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/ update
Absolutely nothing, except the title image is "Winter is coming" :o

BTW HBO continuing with these strange "Official Trailer" releases for characters, after Bran and Arya now they have Brienne.

So one again, an "official trailer" for a character who is still alive at the end of the show.

Until they release one for a dead character (Catelyn, Ned, Robb, Sandor, Jaime, Rickon, Jorah), I am telling yall this is building up to a sequel announcement! Daenerys doesn't count cause she'd be coming back.
YES YES I WAS RIGHT. Tormun Giantsbane = Joramun and his horn!
Update for the HoTD's casting, seems George is the first to announce it? See my latest post.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...st-of-house-of-the-dragon-got-spinoff.377055/
Another bit to supplement my theory that the Night's King's story was about the future, and that Joramun is Tormund, and hence that the show didn't do the actual ending but ended before it:

Jon would be the 13th lord commander under Aemon's reign.

Jon's real name in the books will be Brandon. Which Old Nan said was the Night's King's name.

It makes perfect sense that Rhaegar and Lyanna would name him Brandon out of guilt for Brandon's death, and in his honor. Ned would have changed the name because he wants to put as much distance between Jon and his mother as possible, and especially not give him the name of the one who would have been heir.

Also I just realized Tormund is also known as Horn Blower and Ice Breaker, reinforcing the idea that he is Joramun.

So if I am right, D&D ended the show before the real ending. It's either that or Bran changes the timeline in the books and prevents the NK story from taking place.

"This... this isn't the end. Not for you. Not yet."

"How will we know it's the end?"

"You'll know."

When the weirwoods burns.
Bran was supposed to get Lightbringer, the masterless Drogon, and burn the weirwoods, to finally put an end to the cycle. But in doing so, he would end all the source of magic that powers him. Brandon the Breaker.

"One day, Bran, you will be Robb's bannerman, holding a keep of your own for your brother and your king, and justice will fall to you. When that day comes, you must take no pleasure in the task, but neither must you look away. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."
That was when Jon reappeared on the crest of the hill before them. He waved and shouted down at them."

I'm starting if GRRM didn't literally plan to always hide what the last book would be, where ADoS would actually be a fake "last book", and after it's published and everyone wonders WTF is it really over he announces a new actual ending book. The title "A Dream of Spring" always hinted at the idea that when that book is over the world is still engulfed in winter.
Watch this and tell me his story wasn't originally building up him becoming the new Night King:

And that this wasn't Nissa Nissa (Mhysa! Mhysa!):

And Jaime is totally blowing up the Red Keep to die with Cersei in the books, preventing Daenerys from taking it. Except he kills the valonqar, Victarion Greyjoy, not Euron, who "chokes the life out of" Cersei when he is pregnant, causing a miscarriage (which they filmed in S7 and cut).

When S8 was coming and I posited that Jon would become the new Night's King and resurrect Dany, and that Tyrion would kill the last dragon...

Tyrion will kill the last dragon.

Dude... You've lost your god-damn mind lol

None of these theories have a basis in the books and these new videos of the show are just generic videos from the PR team. It has nothing to do with the writers of the tv show, let alone GRRM.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I don't begrudge Ether_Snake for going off the deep end. We're all slowly losing our minds as the chances a new book release grow smaller by the day.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was reading the wiki again of the period in which HotD is going to be set. I really wonder how they will draw interest into the show. On one hand, neat, more dragons. On the other, there seems to be a total lack of the kind of characters that people sympathized with in AGoT. I really think that what made AGoT so popular revolved around Jon and Sam at the Night's Watch and the Others, Arya on her escape and revenge bit, Tyron's family problems, and Daenerys journey. When I look at what HotD is about it seems way too political. I think writing fake history is really easy, but writing a story people will care about is the hard part. I haven't read Fire & Blood so I'm not sure how that came through.

I have to say, I feel like there is a 50/50 chance this show might get tabled after they finish the first season if not before. This is ripe to go the Warner Bros way, where they try to create a magic they could never recreate and keep trying again and again and it just becomes a money sink. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Any idea what bits of the plot might allow HotD to have some heart to it?

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading the wiki again of the period in which HotD is going to be set. I really wonder how they will draw interest into the show. On one hand, neat, more dragons. On the other, there seems to be a total lack of the kind of characters that people sympathized with in AGoT. I really think that what made AGoT so popular revolved around Jon and Sam at the Night's Watch and the Others, Arya on her escape and revenge bit, Tyron's family problems, and Daenerys journey. When I look at what HotD is about it seems way too political. I think writing fake history is really easy, but writing a story people will care about is the hard part. I haven't read Fire & Blood so I'm not sure how that came through.

I have to say, I feel like there is a 50/50 chance this show might get tabled after they finish the first season if not before. This is ripe to go the Warner Bros way, where they try to create a magic they could never recreate and keep trying again and again and it just becomes a money sink. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Any idea what bits of the plot might allow HotD to have some heart to it?
House of Dragons is only going to be 10 episodes. Fire & Blood is a series of vignettes that take place throughout the history of the Targaryen rule with the show primarily based on the longest story. Rhaenyra will be a fine lead for the short series and her story is very compelling.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
House of Dragons is only going to be 10 episodes. Fire & Blood is a series of vignettes that take place throughout the history of the Targaryen rule with the show primarily based on the longest story. Rhaenyra will be a fine lead for the short series and her story is very compelling.

I mean, if it does well they will renew it for s2 and 10 more episodes

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Really? I saw a youtube video where it was mentioned that in the casting it seems they had a Young Rhaenyra and Young Alicent, but both in their 20s, which meant that they would likely cast other women for the roles for later parts of the story. I thought it couldn't be possible, they can't be that dumb to think they need to recast a woman to play a 20-something Rhaenyra and then a 40-something one.

If this is what they are doing, then it's even worst. I guess they want to lower costs and risks or something, not get tied up to actors getting more expensive, not wanting to tie them up into long-term contracts, and this might also indicate a lot of faith or confidence.

I don't think this is going to work out. Someone clearly doesn't understand what drew viewers in for AGOT. You do NOT grow a viewer base by making a bunch of separate stories, it just makes it seem more daunting for the average viewer to get into, so they'll only get a niche crowd. People will want and expect to "love Cersei, love Tyrion" again, and yet any emotional investment they make will then be cut short because it's time to move on to another story?

Also, this will just contribute to the key problem I felt was going to plague the series: no passion, no sense of ownership, the whole thing being used as career stepping stones and then move on. Breaking it into vignettes will massively exacerbate the problem. AGoT was born out of passion, people got into it with no reason to think it would be great for their careers, so it needed vision, a tight ship, a sense of family. We've seen what happens with IPs once they reach this level of popularity but the show runners leave.

Also, I fail to see how they will justify the CGI expenses needed for the dragons if they are doing a bunch of separate stories like that. It doesn't add up. People will get attached to the presence of dragons, and then suddenly they take a backseat because this bit of story doesn't really have any? It doesn't work. In literature this is called "delivering on your promises", and vignettes works against this completely. Whatever they show in S1 is what people will expect the future season to deliver on. Is it a lot of politics and no magic, no dragons? Lots of war and dragons? Whatever happens in S1 is the kind of show people will expect. You can't hit the reset button every season.

Plus, a bunch of separate stories will hurt word of mouth. Everyone will either spoil everything to one another, or not talk about the show at all. People aren't going to all watch the episodes at the same time when they air and such, it's a different era now. But not sticking to a linear story will just make the shared enjoyment of the ongoing story even more difficult to replicate. And then those who aren't in on it will be utterly unable to really understand what the heck this show might be about, too many characters, too many separate stories. It's not good for marketing.

While one might not care about the show being niche, it won't last long if it is.

They can't wait a year to start filming S2. I mean they can, but HBO wouldn't want them to.

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017
A Princess and the Queen/the original Dance with Dragons event is not that long. It's only 1/4 the size of the regular novels. There's not enough material for a season two even if they incorporate the previous stories as flashbacks or world building. At best they could make a season two based on the boy king but that would effectively be a separate show at that point. And after that the only major material to adapt is Dunk & Egg, which is already getting it's own spinoff.

My guess is that HBO hopes to get people invested in House of Dragons so that they can then carry them on to Dunk & Egg.
Really? I saw a youtube video where it was mentioned that in the casting it seems they had a Young Rhaenyra and Young Alicent, but both in their 20s, which meant that they would likely cast other women for the roles for later parts of the story. I thought it couldn't be possible, they can't be that dumb to think they need to recast a woman to play a 20-something Rhaenyra and then a 40-something one.

If this is what they are doing, then it's even worst. I guess they want to lower costs and risks or something, not get tied up to actors getting more expensive, not wanting to tie them up into long-term contracts, and this might also indicate a lot of faith or confidence.

I don't think this is going to work out. Someone clearly doesn't understand what drew viewers in for AGOT. You do NOT grow a viewer base by making a bunch of separate stories, it just makes it seem more daunting for the average viewer to get into, so they'll only get a niche crowd. People will want and expect to "love Cersei, love Tyrion" again, and yet any emotional investment they make will then be cut short because it's time to move on to another story?

Also, this will just contribute to the key problem I felt was going to plague the series: no passion, no sense of ownership, the whole thing being used as career stepping stones and then move on. Breaking it into vignettes will massively exacerbate the problem. AGoT was born out of passion, people got into it with no reason to think it would be great for their careers, so it needed vision, a tight ship, a sense of family. We've seen what happens with IPs once they reach this level of popularity but the show runners leave.

Also, I fail to see how they will justify the CGI expenses needed for the dragons if they are doing a bunch of separate stories like that. It doesn't add up. People will get attached to the presence of dragons, and then suddenly they take a backseat because this bit of story doesn't really have any? It doesn't work. In literature this is called "delivering on your promises", and vignettes works against this completely. Whatever they show in S1 is what people will expect the future season to deliver on. Is it a lot of politics and no magic, no dragons? Lots of war and dragons? Whatever happens in S1 is the kind of show people will expect. You can't hit the reset button every season.

Plus, a bunch of separate stories will hurt word of mouth. Everyone will either spoil everything to one another, or not talk about the show at all. People aren't going to all watch the episodes at the same time when they air and such, it's a different era now. But not sticking to a linear story will just make the shared enjoyment of the ongoing story even more difficult to replicate. And then those who aren't in on it will be utterly unable to really understand what the heck this show might be about, too many characters, too many separate stories. It's not good for marketing.

While one might not care about the show being niche, it won't last long if it is.

They can't wait a year to start filming S2. I mean they can, but HBO wouldn't want them to.
The actresses for Rhaenyra & Alicent are only a few years younger than their characters (in typical Hollywood fashion). The Dance of Dragons only spans two years so there's no need for any recasting.

Also, the show isn't covering all the stories in Fire & Blood. I'm sure they'll reference and flashback to the older stories but the show will primarily cover the Princess & the Queen (aka the Dance of Dragons).

HBO is just being coy about it because they want to shock everyone

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A Princess and the Queen/the original Dance with Dragons event is not that long. It's only 1/4 the size of the regular novels. There's not enough material for a season two even if they incorporate the previous stories as flashbacks or world building. At best they could make a season two based on the boy king but that would effectively be a separate show at that point. And after that the only major material to adapt is Dunk & Egg, which is already getting it's own spinoff.

My guess is that HBO hopes to get people invested in House of Dragons so that they can then carry them on to Dunk & Egg.

The actresses for Rhaenyra & Alicent are only a few years younger than their characters (in typical Hollywood fashion). The Dance of Dragons only spans two years so there's no need for any recasting.

Also, the show isn't covering all the stories in Fire & Blood. I'm sure they'll reference and flashback to the older stories but the show will primarily cover the Princess & the Queen (aka the Dance of Dragons).

HBO is just being coy about it because they want to shock everyone

Maybe, but like I said, this isn't good for the TV show's success. They should have done D&E instead, you have decades of stories to tell in a continuous fashion all the way to Summerhall, which makes for a great tragic ending and the birth of Jon's father, on top of featuring some characters from AGoT (few, but still neat). And they could have tied that to a Robert's Rebellion show if they wanted to after, it would be years later anyway by then.

Everything I mentioned works against this show's success. And this blows because if this doesn't work out, D&E will likely be in jeopardy after a poor ending to AGoT followed by a poorly received show.

I'm not being negative, but what I listed as issues are legit. I don't see how they would magically get around those problems. I really have no idea what they are thinking, but they're not putting chances on their side at all.

edit: Some rando on twitter says the Dance of Dragons is going to be five seasons. So five seasons covering two years of plot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
louisacommie

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
All the fake mushroom sex stuff is going to be in the show canon as real
Sara snow

Lesbian jeyne arryn getting eaten out by her cousin to guarantee the vale support

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure Season 1 will only be the lead-up to the Dance, and perhaps the initial hostilities leading to the battle above Storm's End. Much like GoT Season 1 was the lead-up to the War of the Five Kings.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are you going to read Fire and Blood Ether_Snake ?

I am planning on buying it when it comes out on paperback in august, but maybe I'll get it before. I was always wary of it, never looked at World of Ice & Fire, but at the end of the day I don't care for world-building-specific stuff, I just want good stories with great characters. But I have a friend who never was into fantasy literature, who ended up loving ASOIAF, and then gave it a shot and loved it too, so maybe I'll like it. But like I was saying in the HOTD show's thread, I just read the wiki of Rhaenyra and her story sounds boring. Curious how it comes out in the book.

Edit: Apparently she wouldn't be the show's protagonist, but I fail to see who would be.

I

There are fanfics that do pov structured versions either adaptions or alt divergent or insert or isot

Of pre canon stuff mentioned in the encyclopedia books as proper stories

I don't want to read fanfics, I got too many books to read already :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
louisacommie

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I
I am planning to buy it when it comes out on paper back in august, but maybe I'll get it before. I was always wary of it, never looked at World of Ice & Fire, but at the end of the day I don't care for world-building-specific stuff, I just want good stories with great characters. But I have a friend who never was into fantasy literature, who ended up loving ASOIAF, and then gave it a shot and lived it to, so maybe I'll like it. But like I was saying in the HOTD show's thread, I just read the wiki of Rhaenyra and her story sounds boring. Curious how it comes out in the book.
There are fanfics that do pov structured versions either adaptions or alt divergent or insert or isot

Of pre canon stuff mentioned in the encyclopedia books as proper stories

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
I am planning on buying it when it comes out on paperback in august, but maybe I'll get it before. I was always wary of it, never looked at World of Ice & Fire, but at the end of the day I don't care for world-building-specific stuff, I just want good stories with great characters. But I have a friend who never was into fantasy literature, who ended up loving ASOIAF, and then gave it a shot and loved it too, so maybe I'll like it. But like I was saying in the HOTD show's thread, I just read the wiki of Rhaenyra and her story sounds boring. Curious how it comes out in the book.

Edit: Apparently she wouldn't be the show's protagonist, but I fail to see who would be.

I don't want to read fanfics, I got too many books to read already :)

Off the top of my head: Corlys, Rhaenys, and the children (on both sides) are the most sympathetic characters. Others are very likeable, if not admirable, Rhaenyra included. I suppose I'll need to re-read Fire and Blood now.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So pictures have revealed a lot of black people with silver/blond hair, which settles how they will represent the Velaryons. Now I am curious to see Rhaenyra's kids, cause if they are straight up white that means it's not even a debate if they are Leanor's or not, or House Strong will also be black or mixed. If the later is the case, then I guess the show will be race-agnostic, pretending the topic of race does not exist in this world, which I think is bull because you have sexism and violence and there was Tarly's obvious racism, they shouldn't shy away from it. Curious to see what direction they take. I wonder if they'll have purple eyes, could be cool as another trait to distinguish them, or maybe some Targs will have them and others not.

Also, this must mean something. The picture on the left is named happy.jpg
br6gC0P.jpg

(yes I know it means nothing)

BTW, is there any unaccounted dragons by the time of ASoIaF? I'm guessing the stories of ice dragons are either not dragons, or one that flew north and got turned.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that post is celebratory yet very vague and ambiguous. He clearly posted it for some reason.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I believe there are two unaccounted dragons: Sheepstealer and Cannibal (the two wild dragons born on Dragonstone that are claimed by the Blacks during the Dance).

Sheepstealer and its rider Nettles disappeared in the Vale, and some of the mountain clans came to worship a fire god (the Burned Men).

Cannibal is speculated to be hibernating on Skagos. There's an extremely tinfoil theory that Cannibal is the Stone Dragon who will be awoken and claimed by Team Stannis (Stannis and Shireen do have Valyrian blood and could theoretically be dragonriders).

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I believe there are two unaccounted dragons: Sheepstealer and Cannibal (the two wild dragons born on Dragonstone that are claimed by the Blacks during the Dance).

Sheepstealer and its rider Nettles disappeared in the Vale, and some of the mountain clans came to worship a fire god (the Burned Men).

Cannibal is speculated to be hibernating on Skagos. There's an extremely tinfoil theory that Cannibal is the Stone Dragon who will be awoken and claimed by Team Stannis (Stannis and Shireen do have Valyrian blood and could theoretically be dragonriders).

Oh well I am certain where the dragon in question will be at least at some point:

And beyond, where the Honeywine widened into Whispering Sound, rose the Hightower, its beacon fires bright against the dawn. From where it stood atop the bluffs of Battle Island, its shadow cut the city like a sword.

The Honeywine is a freshwater river that pours into the Whispering Sound, which is salt water. Battle Island stands on the Whispering Sound, which means the smoking Hightower is among salt water. Amidst salt and smoke, to raise dragons out of stone.

"From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire."

Leyton Hightower is currently cooking something up on Hightower.

That being said George always purposely leaves breadcrumbs to nowhere to throw the readers off.

BTW it's funny how if you search for salt and smoke, there are countless instances of the two words being used together because of many references to smoked meat or fish. So really the best case scenario would be some sort of situation where a dead dragon (or person?) is having its flesh smoked.

BTW#2 this is totally Dany coming back to life as some sort of queen of the Others, period. I told you D&D didn't finish the story:

"Benerro has sent forth the word from Volantis. Her coming is the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy. From smoke and salt was she born to make the world anew. She is Azor Ahai returned … and her triumph over darkness will bring a summer that will never end … death itself will bend its knee, and all those who die fighting in her cause shall be reborn …"

The Others, unable to stand against her, will bend the knee to her, and those who died for her will rise again.

Some believe that when George finished ADWD and sat down with D&D to give them an update on where the story was going, they were shocked regarding Jon particularly, and how much stuff was left, all the magic that would be involved, and they suddenly realized they needed to give up and end it all quick, and just merged Aegon with Jon. We could end up with an extremely different story than the show gave us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
louisacommie

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Silverwing also survived and hanged out by a lake in the reach
Honestly should have been claimed by viserys II after he returned

Plus the dragon morning and the unnamed dragon of Harrenhall

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC, she's big on "historical/lore accuracy" and cruel to her critics.

I'm glad you put that in quotes, because in reality she's a white supremacist who's spewed viriolic racism and misogyny, and actively harassed people (usually minorities) within the fandom, even forbidding people from playing PoC in some RP game on westeros.org, because of her non-textual interpretation that Dorne is 100% white.

What's the story with Linda?

Google "Linda Antonsson racist" and you'll find a lot of fun stuff. I mean, you could even just go to her defunct tumblr and see first-hand her toxicity.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I bet George regrets working with those two. Doubt they have had much contact in a while.

I don't know. Either he remains in the dark because he doesn't do social media, or he doesn't care, because their professional relationship has continued long since her behavior's been public.

I'm more inclined to believe the former, but who knows. Their professional leeching off of him is continually disappointing—not just because Linda herself is awful, but frankly no one should want two fansite owners who are untalented writers in charge of writing canon material.

OP
OP
louisacommie

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Goerge is a generic 90s lib dem

Like he endorsed biden at the beginning of the primary

Now when it comes to race like he was firmly agianst the sad puppies or whatever game gate spinoff for the hugo awards was

But I doubt he sees " personal politics" as a deal breaker in professional relations