Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Is this part of the already-announced 1900 layoffs or is this a new round?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I know someone who just got laid off today. i just assumed it was part of the 1900... no idea it was additional. Wow

edit: maybe it is part of the 1900 as per tom warren

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it...? Fuck this, man.

EDIT: Saw the Tom Warren tweet... Still shitty though.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
I'm just assuming it's a new set of lay offs
truly a shitty situation going on over there. A lot of folks thought they were getting saved and my dumb ass is one of the people who believed that myself.

really nothing more could be said besides hope they land on their feet.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This has to be part of the layoffs from a few weeks ago... right?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

An Employer must provide written notice 60-days prior to a plant closing or mass layoff to employees or their representative, the State dislocated worker unit (the Employment Development Department, Workforce Services Division in California), and the chief elected official of local government within which such closing or layoff is to occur. (29 USC, 2102; 20 CFR 639.5)

Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN)

California employers can find an overview of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act including, how to file a WARN Notice and what steps are taken after a WARN notice has been filed.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Hopefully Warren is right. Kinda weird when at least as far as I understood the 1900ish people were already let go a while ago, but I guess it's just the notice period.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
FWIW I already know someone who was laid off and they're based in CA. I wonder if all the layoffs from the 1900 haven't been implemented yet. The person I know is not working anymore but I think she got a few month's pay on top of severance if I recall correctly

-Edit: they got laid off the day of the 1900 announcement if that makes sense

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
man what's going on over there
The average merger/acquisition between like companies averages 20-30 percent layoffs. 1900 represented 10 percent. There's a reason people were worried that it was just the start. And now add in the fact that MS' business model for Xbox is changing and there's all kinds of new uncertainty. Pain ahead.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
The context here is that California has a law saying that companies need to warn employees in advance if there are layoffs. Companies don't want to do that, so they get around the law by giving people 60 days notice when they are layedoff, and post that warning after. That warning is public record, and what the twitter bot is tweeting about.

Bengraven