LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This was pretty obvious. It's a licensing issue preventing them from being distributed. They wouldn't even need the source code to sell them again, unless they were planning a remaster/new console ports.

FWIW, if anyone wants Fall Of Cybertron on Steam, it's still available at Amazon US

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
But do Atari still have the source code to the PS2 game? Because that was the best Transformers videogame.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Port them already then dammit. Deadpool and both Prototype games got PS4 port, this should be a no brainer.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they come to as many platforms as possible if they do come - loved War & Fall especially.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Time to bring them to the Xbox BC program and Steam + Game Pass, when the deal closes.

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
Back-ups are the right of all sentient beings.
As was mentioned in the other thread, source control and backups are only the first step, the true cause of losing sources is losing the institutional knowledge of where they are and why they shouldn't be erased during cleanups.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
So whats the reason they can't put them back on Steam then?

Because Hasbro has not or will not license them to do so on terms where Activision think it's worth their time.

Bear in mind that Hasbro may be very willing to grant the rights for them to be made available... but might want $20 million dollars and a rev share in exchange for a five year agreement. In which case "Activision are the blocker" technically but only because Hasbro is asking for completely implausible terms.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
But do Atari still have the source code to the PS2 game? Because that was the best Transformers videogame.
Yup best thing to come out from that era of shows too
Which one do you mean? Transformers Armada? I'm always on the lookout for cool PS2 games.
Yeah it's the game based off armada, it's a solid adventure third person shooter with micro-bots acting as skill modifiers and you can transform freely. Had some sick set pieces like tidal wave too

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
It was just called "Transformers" in the UK but it has some Armada-esque plot points so could be.

Yup best thing to come out from that era of shows too

Yeah it's the game based off armada, it's a solid adventure third person shooter with micro-bots acting as skill modifiers and you can transform freely. Had some sick set pieces like tidal wave too
Ok yes I was watching some gameplay of it right now on YT. I'll be on the lookout for this one from now on to add it to my PS2 games. I love stuff like this!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hasbro are starting to put out FoC/WfC figures again so they may have renewed interest in the games hopefully.