• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
You're too underpowered for Intense at the start - about 350 combat rating beneath where you need to be. In practical terms, that means you're hitting far less harder, abilities don't last as long, you're lacking any real perks and you don't have access to any good customisations.

A better option is to play challenge cards instead on Standard difficulty - but some of these are just as rough as the higher difficulty level by themselves. (There's one that reduces your HP by like 85%, but you have health regeneration, for instance.)
Cool, thanks for the details. Didn't realize the combat rating curve would be that drastic. Typically in a game like this if "Normal" is fine with bots and on controller, "Hard" is about right for people mic'd up and on mouse/keyboard. Guess I'll be crossing fingers for some good challenge cards.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I've played it a bunch and man when I try the harder difficulties friendly fire is gonna be an issue without a crouch.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Review scores look about where I expected them to be. I'm still expecting to have quite a bit of fun with it, the way I did with WWZ.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Can launch the digital version on my PS5 (haven't tried to actually load into a game, just walked around the hub area and messed with customisation). There's a 1.266 GB patch (1.003.000).

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there matchmaking for us peeps who don't have IRL friends that want to play this?

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
My wish like for a future patch:

Add Mid-level check points
The ability for players to join once a game has started (atm this isn't possible)
Increased PC performance
Crossplay
fix the audio bugs
improved enemy AI

Hopefully this will get similar support for future packs like World War Z and Zombie Army 4

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
My wish like for a future patch:

Add Mid-level check points
The ability for players to join once a game has started (atm this isn't possible)
Increased PC performance
Crossplay
fix the audio bugs
improved enemy AI

Hopefully this will get similar support for future packs like World War Z and Zombie Army 4

Ah, that's a shame. Jumping into games was very quick in the Back 4 Blood beta because of that option.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck thought this came out around Friday lol, definitely hyped to get my hands on this. Just recently played a good bit of WWZ.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
On sale for $33.88 at Walmart. Xbox and Ps5 versions

It's weird, my local Walmarts haven't been carrying any new releases besides Madden lately and I think their discount might be the reason why. I thought of holding off on this until I could buy it there but once tax comes into play the digital version I bought isn't that far off the mark. Still, I wish my local stores would get their act together.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Reviews are sounding decent, the issues brought up mostly all sound like some rough edges that could be ironed out with updates over time and nothing major. I'm excited this is turning out decent.

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
It looks ok as a game, but I don't think it'll be a good Aliens game. An individual Alien still has to be deadly and something beyond "deliver melee attack to anything within X meters". To maintain the WarZ numbers and have it still playable means Aliens can only be threats in large groups like EDF ants. Hoping I'm wrong.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through the game with friends and I think I might love this game. The last chapter in particular is fantastic fun.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It looks ok as a game, but I don't think it'll be a good Aliens game. An individual Alien still has to be deadly and something beyond "deliver melee attack to anything within X meters". To maintain the WarZ numbers and have it still playable means Aliens can only be threats in large groups like EDF ants. Hoping I'm wrong.

It's made around the concept of a setting (23+ years in the future) where Xenos are a known thing, and they have developed weapons and tech to help combat them. It's not ideal like Isolation was, but again the are making a shooter which is what many folks wanted out of Colonial Marines, but that game was hot ass. The prequel novel to the game also kind of goes into the setting of how the xenos are a major danger and threat, but they are no longer totally unknown, even having WY help design better armor to help protect marines from acid and so on.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018

It's a horde co-op shooter - the whole conceit is mowing down hordes upon hordes of enemies. So no, individual enemies aren't particularly threatening. It's Aliens, not Alien.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I think this game should go the route of the old Apple II Aliens game I had and force you to fly down to the planetoids and catalogue your weapons and equipment before you get to start a mission.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
My friend is currently on PS5 playing this, it's almost 1am here (UK), and yet it's still locked on xbox, what the hell?

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
The environment of the second campaign is giving so much Prometheus vibe, which I really like.

The game has those little moments that can easily buy every Alien fan, for example, when you shoot at xenomorph and it stumbles while running and just before it jumps on you... So cute and adorable.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
I know there's not full cross platform play, but I wondered if anyone had tried cross generation?

I wanted to play with two friends. Two of us would be on PS5, and one of us would be on PS4. Would we still be able to party up?

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
I know there's not full cross platform play, but I wondered if anyone had tried cross generation?

I wanted to play with two friends. Two of us would be on PS5, and one of us would be on PS4. Would we still be able to party up?
Yeah, cross gen is there according to previews and all

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

The classic upright Alien is kinda still there as one of the specials. Comes out a vent, attacks someone and sneaks out! :D

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Download's up -- if anyone's looking for someone to play with on PC, feel free to send a PM