• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
My mum took our dog for their first walk in months yesterday.

When they got back she brushed him and found stuff in his fur (spoiler: it's just dandruff) but she thought it was something bad so he also had his first bath in months yesterday too. After a bath and being blow dried he sulked with her and avoided her all day, so last night we had pancakes for dinner, she made him his own special pancake and apologised to him and they've now made up.

Dogs are the best.

<3 <3 <3

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
FCBrK6NWEAQ27ky

FCBrK6PXEAURLUS

FCBrK6OXEAE8UtS

FCBrP-TXoAIv4ey

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
My mum took our dog for their first walk in months yesterday.

When they got back she brushed him and found stuff in his fur (spoiler: it's just dandruff) but she thought it was something bad so he also had his first bath in months yesterday too. After a bath and being blow dried he sulked with her and avoided her all day, so last night we had pancakes for dinner, she made him his own special pancake and apologised to him and they've now made up.

Dogs are the best.

Dogs are the best. Glad the pupper was okay. My cats have bad seasonal dandruff and we got them some oatmeal cat spray and It works great. I was a doubter but it helps them a bunch with dandruff without giving them a bath.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
nvm, another dumb fake tweet

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In AEW women's booking tradition, tonight's championship match is as bafflingly booked as it seems. Not only did Anna Jay lose her most recent singles match, her Grand Slam match against Penelope Ford, but she's lost most of her main roster matches over the past however so long. To be fair, this is her entire singles run against main roster talent at AEW.

Loss - Penelope
Win - The Bunny
Loss - Shida
Win - Brandi Rhodes
Loss - Abadon
Loss - Penelope
Loss - Shida

I get that they're basically out of faces to challenge Brit and that they're likely making up for lost time in Anna Jay's contract, but... come the fuck on, Tony. At least let her get a series of singles victories against people who matter before getting a fucking championship match. Or a build justifying a proper grudge match.

Tony's apathy, if not disdain, toward the women's division is just so transparent.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
In AEW women's booking tradition, tonight's championship match is as bafflingly booked as it seems. Not only did Anna Jay lose her most recent singles match, her Grand Slam match against Penelope Ford, but she's lost most of her main roster matches over the past however so long. To be fair, this is her entire singles run against main roster talent at AEW.

Loss - Penelope
Win - The Bunny
Loss - Shida
Win - Brandi Rhodes
Loss - Abadon
Loss - Penelope
Loss - Shida

I get that they're basically out of faces to challenge Brit and that they're likely making up for lost time in Anna Jay's contract, but... come the fuck on, Tony. At least let her get a series of singles victories against people who matter before getting a fucking championship match. Or a build justifying a proper grudge match.

Tony's apathy, if not disdain, toward the women's division is just so transparent.
Is it a championship match though? I thought it wasn't for the title.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Booker can fuck right off at this point. His takes are embarrassingly terrible. Watch the goddamn show at least. Did he miss Hangman's promo last week or something? Is he capable of following character development at all?

Or is he just saying outlandish shit for clicks and clout with Vince?

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017

going to go with…

byes:
-Ruby Soho
-Thunder Rosa
-Jade Cargill
-Shida

other participants:
-Statlander
-Red Velvet
-Bunny
-Jamie Hayter
-Leyla Hersch
-Serena Deeb
-Tay Conti
-Penelope Ford

the division is so stacked now it's hard to pick just 12. Feel like Riho, Mizunami and Anna should be in here but not sure who they'd leave out (although looking at the AEW championship not all of the big names will be involved).

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
going to go with…

byes:
-Ruby Soho
-Thunder Rosa
-Jade Cargill
-Shida

other participants:
-Statlander
-Red Velvet
-Bunny
-Jamie Hayter
-Leyla Hersch
-Serena Deeb
-Tay Conti
-Penelope Ford

the division is so stacked now it's hard to pick just 12. Feel like Riho, Mizunami and Anna should be in here but not sure who they'd leave out (although looking at the AEW championship not all of the big names will be involved).
mmm, leave out red velvet, bunny, and ford, and put in Riho, Ryo, and Emi, and you've got a fuckin banger of a tournament.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like champions being involved in non-title matches against unqualified challengers unless it's a special occasion. I've complained when the Young Bucks did it and I'll complain when Britt Baker does it.

Someone send Tony Khan a copy of the PWI Top 150 Women's Wrestlers so he can go find some credible unsigned wrestlers for Anna Jay and the next challenger to beat so they can then qualify for a title shot. Or drop a men's division match every week from the card and use that time to build stories for the other signed women in the company so it won't feel so sudden when they're thrown into a program with the champion.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
kqkvbo09e1v71.jpg

I can barely read these graphics on my phone

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Tony Khan announced that there's 4 first round byes in the tournament already? What does that mean? 4 people automatically advance to the 2nd round or something?

Would that be because they can't make it over here until later in the year?

Edit: Do I dare dream that Maki Itoh is one of those people?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Impact is terrible. Terrible booking, bad production, tiny crowds, and bad announcing. You aren't rewarded as a viewer for watching their stuff.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Anna Jay/Britt thing is to lead to an eventual title match versus Tay, and this is a way of making it a story with more than just the title at stake- a common (and super valid) complaint with the women's division. Which I'd be all for- I think Tay is my favorite in the women's division even recognizing her flaws and while she's not ready to hold the title yet I think she could put on an amazing match with Baker, presumably at Full Gear?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Thankfully hangman seems like a genuinely good person and hopefully it stays that way. I think the drinking thing is wack but he's so much then that and hopefully he drops it at some point.
It's already less prevalent as part of his character.

Personally I am totally fine with the beer gimmick, and I am a recovering alcoholic that's 2 years sober.

Punk constantly looking at fans like "what in the fuck is wrong with you?" when they wave beers towards him brings me great joy though.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Minor news bits

- Andrade said in an interview that he is signed with AEW for 3 years.

- Kota Ibushi suffered a dislocated right shoulder.

- PWInsider says that Braun Strowman/Titan was spotted getting on a plane to Chicago this morning, he is heading for Impact Bound For Glory *breathes big sigh of relief*

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

For those curious, BCRF seems to be pretty legit and less scummy compared to Komen. FWIW, its administrative overhead % (the percentage of donations that go to administration costs) is 13% (generally, less than 20% is a good rule of thumb to go by):

RyqEgTs.png

cfcgiving.opm.gov

Combined Federal Campaign

We are excited about our participation in the Combined Federal Campaign this year. Federal employees and retirees - look for us in the CFC charity list. Pledging begins in September. Learn more at GiveCFC.org.

www.charitynavigator.org

Charity Navigator - Rating for Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Breast Cancer Research Foundation has earned a 4/4 Star rating on Charity Navigator. This Charitable Organization is headquartered in New York, NY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.