AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Uh...10 seconds in...Kim is just bad. Any chance she is just in the first episode or something and I can actually bring myself to watch this? Having her as top billing makes me want to skip it entirely.

Oct 25, 2017
As terrible as this looks and as much as I want to skip it, I know that's not possible and I'll watch every episode. The comments on the trailer are mind-blowing though. "Looks like the best season ever!" "This looks 10x better than the last couple of seasons!" "This looks great and Kim K doesn't look cheesy!"

Oct 27, 2017
As terrible as this looks and as much as I want to skip it, I know that's not possible and I'll watch every episode. The comments on the trailer are mind-blowing though. "Looks like the best season ever!" "This looks 10x better than the last couple of seasons!" "This looks great and Kim K doesn't look cheesy!"

Lmao just saw the Ā« this looks like it's going to be the best season ever Ā». Delusional.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Looks truly awful. I used to love AHS but recently the seasons have not been resonating with me.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I've become increasingly suspicious of YouTube comments. I mean even more than I used to be. It used to be 100% toxic shit, it's now oftent overly positive. Not sure if it's bots or just auto moderation hiding anything that's not overwhelmingly positive, but it doesn't seem natural most of the times.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
oh word, american horror story is doing a full season of something whose premise could maybe sustain a two hour movie?

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
oh word, american horror story is doing a full season of something whose premise could maybe sustain a two hour movie?
What do you mean two hours? You know they need at least three episodes of them going completely off the rails, and two more of subplots that won't get resolved?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sign me up. I'm all in for whatever dumb bullshit AHS brings to the table.

knight_cream

Jun 11, 2018
NYC
Apparently it's based on a novel called Delicate Condition. Hopefully having an existing narrative structure to go off of will prevent it from devolving into utter shit.

Shame about Cara, though. I can think of few people more irritating.

Chitown B

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
watched ep 1 last night and fell asleep about halfway through. it's really slow and I don't really follow what's going on. Plus just coming off of Dead Ringers I'm on pregnancy horror overload.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Watched episode 1. It seems kinda interesting/spooky so far. I noticed she changed her password to zygote. Hmmm..

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Very low-key first episode that mostly worked for me. Still love Emma Roberts and the boyfriend guy was appropriately smarmy and gaslight without being over the top.

Hope this one doesn't fall apart in the back half

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I liked ep 1, but 2 was more boring. It's mostly the protagonist spacing out while everyone tries to rosemary her baby.

Which at this point it's a bit overdone for AHS, especially the husband who is clearly evil AGAIN. This series seem to hate spouses more than boomers hate their wives, zzz.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
I really don't get this show. Feels like 'Mother!'. When everything is dream-like and fantastical, it gives the audience no anchor to hold onto and it all becomes nebulous.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Had no idea they didn't finish filming the season
That's why it's a season finale/part 1 split

It's slow, plot goes no where sometimes but maybe that's the idea, a slow burn kinda season

Kim K isn't that bad either but focusing just on Emma/one character isn't it

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
This season ended up really a big pile of nothing, and I'm fairly sure a good 70% it of it was just Emma Roberts looking around confused and getting gaslighted by everyone.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
This season ended up really a big pile of nothing, and I'm fairly sure a good 70% it of it was just Emma Roberts looking around confused and getting gaslighted by everyone.
Yup. I had to check that the final episode was actually the finale since it barely seemed to resolve anything.

And the season was so repetitive, especially the flashbacks to other women who got their wishes granted and their demon babies taken. They did it like 3 or 4 times and it was the same thing every time just in a different setting.
It honestly felt like the story was so thin that it would have worked better as a single longer episode or a movie rather than 9 episodes.

It's not a bad concept for a horror show: gaslighting, medical care for women, pregnancy complications, etc. But the demon babies, evil witch/cult stuff felt so been-there-done-that.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Also this series needs to let go evil husbands/spouse trope. It's their equivalent of "boomers hate their wife" joke in sitcoms.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda funny how the only season based on an actual book/story is the most one-noted one. In the end, I feel like it wasn't a bad season, it just had no meat around the bone. The story could stand on 5 pages and it doesn't seem it had a message.

Surprisingly, Kim K. was fun to watch. She's obviously not the best actress in the world, but it worked for her role.

Current rankings of the seasons :

2 - Asylum
5 - Hotel
11 - NYC
1 - Murder House
3 - Coven
6 - Roanoke
9 - 1984
11.1 - DF - Red Tide
12 - Delicate
8 - Apocalypse
7 - Cult
4 - Freakshow
11.2 - DF - Death Valley

AHS had been renewed to season 13, but viewership seems to be pretty much dead on TV, I wonder if the show is doing great on streaming or if we'll get S13 as a last one? I guess it's not that bad considering we're still getting a new batch of episodes for AHStories in October.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped AHS a few episodes into season 4... I wasn't into it and never went back, but I've been thinking about it lately. Have there been some decent seasons since then? I'm mostly curious about the one with Gaga, since I'm a fan I wonder if it's worth a watch for her at least

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
How does Cara Delevingne keep getting cast in stuff? She is universally terrible in everything.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I stopped AHS a few episodes into season 4... I wasn't into it and never went back, but I've been thinking about it lately. Have there been some decent seasons since then? I'm mostly curious about the one with Gaga, since I'm a fan I wonder if it's worth a watch for her at least

I thought she was fine in Hotel. I personally liked other aspects of that season more, but she wasn't a low point or anything.

I personally got to Apocolypse and had enough once that season wrapped. What felt like should've been a culmination point just landed with a fart so I didn't really think there would be anything for the series going forward.

I did watch some of Stories as they got released, and felt I got my fill with them.

Last edited:

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda funny how the only season based on an actual book/story is the most one-noted one. In the end, I feel like it wasn't a bad season, it just had no meat around the bone. The story could stand on 5 pages and it doesn't seem it had a message.

Surprisingly, Kim K. was fun to watch. She's obviously not the best actress in the world, but it worked for her role.

Current rankings of the seasons :

2 - Asylum
5 - Hotel
11 - NYC
1 - Murder House
3 - Coven
6 - Roanoke
9 - 1984
11.1 - DF - Red Tide
12 - Delicate
8 - Apocalypse
7 - Cult
4 - Freakshow
11.2 - DF - Death Valley

AHS had been renewed to season 13, but viewership seems to be pretty much dead on TV, I wonder if the show is doing great on streaming or if we'll get S13 as a last one? I guess it's not that bad considering we're still getting a new batch of episodes for AHStories in October.

For what I know the show basically doesn't follow the book except some the first episodes and the
cheating
plot line (that is out of place in the show since the nurse appeared for like 2 episodes in the beginning and then disappeared).

I'm not American so I'm not up with the kardashian's stuff, but I thought her acting was fine. She was pretty campy and basically played the type of character Emma Robert usually plays, but it fits AHS more than the lifetime original movie style of acting the other characters had going on. Matt Czuchry is a good actor but it feels like he was barely trying here.

And yeah the message is all over the place. It feels like it wants to be a feminist story about women can have it all but Anna just mopes and cries for all the season,
gets saved by a deus ex machina and the villains are evil powerful (borderline omnipotent) women who... want to kill all men?
What?

They couldn't even arsed to explain wtf Siobhan even was.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017

Hotel and Roanoke are fun, no need to actually finish the weird nonsense that was Freakshow.

I thought she was fine in Hotel. I personally liked other aspects of that season, but she wasn't a low point or anything.

I mean, she won a Golden Globe for her role and it pretty much kickstarted her "real" acting career.

And yeah the message is all over the place. It feels like it wants to be a feminist story about women can have it all but Anna just mopes and cries for all the season,
gets saved by a deus ex machina and the villains are evil powerful women who... want to kill all men?
What?

Weirdly, the ending felt kinda anti-feminist. In a "if you want it all you're a selfish woman, you can't have motherhood and your career at the same time".

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I mean, she won a Golden Globe for her role and it pretty much kickstarted her "real" acting career.

Cool! As I said, she wasn't a low point. Just personally I preferred the haunting/ghost aspect of the season's scenario over whatever weird non-vampire-but-kinda-vampire part she played. Did not mean to imply her acting was mid or anything!

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first AHS season where I haven't even started watching it and will probably skip it completely. Emma Roberts is always fun, but the show seems like a slog from the comments I've read.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
this is some tough competition for my least favorite season. I didn't actively hate it as much as Freakshow. But the story here is much less interesting and was 7 episodes of having no idea wtf was happening. And did not have a satisfying conclusion at all.

Season 4 is awful, the worst out of them all imo. I recommend anyone who watches the show to just skip it if they aren't feeling it after 1 or 2 episodes. Then season 5(Hotel, with Gaga) is my favorite season out of all them by far. Surprisingly thoughtful and emotional. Gaga also has a very small role in Roanoke. I liked that season, but many don't. Her role in that one is so small it's not worth watching if you are just looking for her.

Did you like Coven? If so, definitely check out Hotel and Apocalypse. Apocalpyse is like the avengers endgame of AHS

Last edited:

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 is awful, the worst out of them all imo. I recommend anyone who watches the show to just skip it if they aren't feeling it after 1 or 2 episodes. Then season 5(Hotel, with Gaga) is my favorite season out of all them by far. Surprisingly thoughtful and emotional. Gaga also has a very small role in Roanoke. I liked that season, but many don't. Her role in that one is so small it's not worth watching if you are just looking for her.

Did you like Coven? If so, definitely check out Hotel and Apocalypse. Apocalpyse is like the avengers endgame of AHS
That's all great to hear, and yeah I remember quite enjoying Coven! I'll watch Hotel soon, then Roanoke and Apocalypse later

I didn't know if season 4 was considered bad or not so seeing the replies here is reassuring. It's pretty rare that I drop a show in the middle of a season, I usually stick to it even if it sucks but boy I had negative interest in what was going on there, didn't vibe with it at all

Last edited:

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
It's wild how watered down this season is. There's like an episode worth of story here but we got 9. To Delicate's credit, it was more focused than some past seasons. But after seeing them do the same scenes of Emma Roberts being scared or embarrassing herself at an award show over and over again, I would've appreciated a trip to Gonzoville with a random ass storyline.

Now I'm curious how a phenomenal season like NYC even happened when it's sandwiched between Double Feature (which I couldn't even finish) and this