• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Now this is before we actually get any official numbers, and is in no way any indication of the real results, but a lot people seem to think Nintendo's holiday quarter went exactly as needed to get there.

Also worth noting, their earnings guidance should go up due to explosive software sales over the holiday quarter.

Official results for Q3 of their fiscal year (October-December) will be posted on the 31st.

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Did we get any fun bets for all those people that claimed the 20 million wouldn't happen? I know it hasn't happened yet, but I'd LOVE to be confused by 3000 Switch Avatars.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling pretty good about my stock situation right now. Thank you market uncertainty and uninformed market analysts for tanking the stock price for a bit!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
8c8.gif

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
"Holiday demand was unexpectedly good" - whether Nintendo will reach the 20 million goal is still not a certainty, but no, the holiday demand part was expected, except by some of those same "analysts"...

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never doubted it for a second. This forum's general negativity and cynicism always makes it wrong about those things.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like when Tess left Voyager and gave it a little "boost."

Iwata did the same for Nintendo on his way out.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
There's gonna be a lot of "ofc they would reach it" from ppl who otherwise were vehemently saying they wouldn't 🤧

Oct 31, 2017
Software feels like the more impressive number all things considered. Those evergreens have never been greener.
I know we've been talking about that's 20M number for weeks and weeks now but the software has been so insane I actually just stopped caring about the HW numbers. But hitting 20M AND having those SW attach rates is just nanners. The industry is feeling so healthy right now.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
It seems a certain poll thread will have to prepare a lot of crow pie, better start today!

Congratulation to Nintendo, Smash Ultimate and Switch!

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
We're never gonna get a 3D Zelda outside a console launch again, are we?

Why do you say that? Skyward Sword and Breath of Wild technically debuted at the end of a consoles life. We might yet get another Zelda on switch, but I'm thinking it may be more DLC instead.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
So that means they would have to sell 5 million Jan - March, don't see it happening it will be 18 - 19 million sold

Close enough to 20 million though

It did 2.93m Q4 last year, and if it does 11m this Q3 then it would need 3.93m for Q4. NSMBUDX + Yoshi are a better sell than Bayonetta + Kirby, plus the momentum from Smash and Pokemon is still in effect.

It'll be close regardless. Whether it's 18m, 19m or 20m it's still a success.

Oct 26, 2017
Why do you say that? Skyward Sword and Breath of Wild technically debuted at the end of a consoles life. We might yet get another Zelda on switch, but I'm thinking it may be more DLC instead.
The Season Pass should've been the end of DLC for BotW so I'm pretty sure they're already working on the next Zelda for the Switch

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want this Era of shitflinging to end.

The will they or wont they hit their 20m goal debates have been annoying to witness tbh.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's my just my poor attempt at a joke that with the success of the Switch and Wii Nintendo has an incentive to hold Zelda titles for console launches.