• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Kabaddi 1
Protagonist explicitly states they hate sports, after their time as a soccer prodigy, and already has and is working towards the goal of becoming a streamer. So how does this even become a Kabaddi series? Blackmail and bribery of course.

Not familiar with the sport so kind of neat to see that. When he was shocked and had the "kabaddi?" response since he has to keep saying it was funny. Not sure if I will watch whole thing but will give a few more episodes.

Dragon Quest Dai 25-26
Please stop bullying amnesiac Dai :(

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy S3 1

Holy fuck what a great return to form. So nice to see s1 & s2 stuff coming together as it did. First scene really set the tone in that regard and it's probably one of the better scenes in the series.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
MHA S5 2
Some good setup for far later in the series as well as how Deku and One For All play into it. Sadly, this'll be the last interesting episode for the next month or so.
lmao if i'm interpreting the twitter teaser for Horimiya ep 13 right they're going to literally skip the entire rest of the manga and go straight to the manga finale of graduation

damn that's one way to just salt the earth haha
At least it's better than ending your anime with a slideshow of a massive chunk of the source material.

Final winter impressions

Otherside Picnic
There was a interesting conversation about the quality of queer shows. OP is a example of a show that, while has short comings from it lack of creepy or existential horror to certain anime and art direction, it still a enjoyable show of 2 lesbians working together.

So I'm a Spider, So What?
It a show I expect it and it was one I was happy about from our little spider having to survive scenario that aren't possible for regular spiders. Only failing is the too gamey lingo from some characters as it a tried cliché from isekai shows.

Wonder Egg Priority
A wonder full surprise with deep and sad characters, hard but deep look into suicide and understanding life, and just great art directions. Really need that last episode soon.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Burning Kabaddi 1

Got a kick out of seeing mini saitama but this isnt for me
Im sure it has some origin but kabadii sounds like some excuse prisioners made to beat each other up

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I will never understand the love for sports anime. Then again, I really don't care for sports of any kind.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I will never understand the love for sports anime. Then again, I really don't care for sports of any kind.

There's two kinds :

A) Ping Pong, Run With the Wind, Chihayafuru etc. Truly moving stories of self-worth , gorgeous sakuga, and fantastic direction. This is the stuff that makes the top animes of all time

B) Pretty Boys and Girls.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
There's two kinds :

A) Ping Pong, Run With the Wind, Chihayafuru etc. Truly moving stories of self-worth , gorgeous sakuga, and fantastic direction. This is the stuff that makes the top animes of all time

B) Pretty Boys and Girls.
I will say Ping Pong is amazing, but it transcends what I consider normal sports anime. I guess I watched Gymnastics Samurai too, but mainly because I'll follow that production team anywhere. I mean, they got me to watch an idol anime.

The rest just seem the same exact concepts and structures pasted into a ton of sports with little else changing.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I will say Ping Pong is amazing, but it transcends what I consider normal sports anime. I guess I watched Gymnastics Samurai too, but mainly because I'll follow that production team anywhere. I mean, they got me to watch an idol anime.

The rest just seem the same exact concepts and structures pasted into a ton of sports with little else changing.

Time to watch Run With the Wind 👏👏👏

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Kabaddi 1
Protagonist explicitly states they hate sports, after their time as a soccer prodigy, and already has and is working towards the goal of becoming a streamer. So how does this even become a Kabaddi series? Blackmail and bribery of course.

Not familiar with the sport so kind of neat to see that. When he was shocked and had the "kabaddi?" response since he has to keep saying it was funny. Not sure if I will watch whole thing but will give a few more episodes.

Dragon Quest Dai 25-26
Please stop bullying amnesiac Dai :(
I learned about it watching the comedy series Chio's School Road. I'm pretty sure it's on Crunchyroll. It's about a hs girl that likes American FPS and other video games and the trouble she encounters on her walks to school. It's pretty funny at times.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I learned about it watching the comedy series Chio's School Road. I'm pretty sure it's on Crunchyroll. It's about a hs girl that likes American FPS and other video games and the trouble she encounters on her walks to school. It's pretty funny at times.
it does indeed have its funny moments.... the kabaddi stuff wasn't one of those though as it was extremely disturbing and obvious that the author typically did hentai. Unfortunately it wasn't the only bit like that either in the series. Like... there are likely enough enjoyable moments to recommend it to someone who can deal with problematic scenes, but if you can't then stay far far away from it.

Oct 25, 2017
I could see it, or at least watching it at like 2x speed. Sports anime are basically just a variation of battle shounen and also is prone to extremely drawn out battles.
I've seen people skip games the same as they would IRL when their team isn't playing against a team they want, or a battle they don't care to see.

Is pretty bad in the Haikyuu fandom...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people skip games the same as they would IRL when their team isn't playing against a team they want, or a battle they don't care to see.

Is pretty bad in the Haikyuu fandom...
I could also totally get that. A lot of the matches are quite predictable on who will win, and wasting 2-4 hours of your life on a drawn out battle to see the outcome you already know will happen could easily be a reason to skip it.

Ace of Diamond I half skipped (aka I put them on in japanese and played games while they were on barely paying attention) a number of episodes because I just didn't care about anyone on screen... I'm not actually sure I ever finished the last season now that I think about it. eh, no big deal either way lol.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I should watch that sometime. I said I'd watch it when it got a dub, and it got a dub... so... I should watch it :P

Do IT!

I mean look at this gorgeous MC

AAAABfAOHZNCHiav-P_8VcxcGwDeAXM6liPWnv194Rnbdb02ZZQuUVjQYtQexao3OYbMqWh0gja6WIXccsm4hdWSJEm3wel4KpI6flzobPrg8WAaF9hw.jpg

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Non Non Biyori Nonstop 10

I was expecting this to be a Candy Store / Renge episode due to past tradition but this was a great episode nonetheless. Konomi playing 5D chess and turning the tables on Hikage was hilarious. Shes such a schemer.

I'm really glad Renge was able to reunite with her friend and got the chance to say bye to her this time. That was really sweet.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Horimiya 13

What a great end to a long-running series.

But the anime was only 13 episodes lol.

Even just making it two cour could have made this a 10/10. Instead we got what was clearly a collection of greatest hits from the manga. You just had to accept that there was more that happened between the characters. But if we actually got to see more of these guys hanging out, the emotional scenes would have had more impact.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the season will be ending with 12 episodes instead of 13. Due to the earthquake eating a timeslot the 13th episode had to be pushed to season 3. Weird how that works out.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
horimiya 13

after the ridiculous ending to last episode, this had no weight behind it lol

i'm just looking at these two strangers laughing at how "close" they are

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
TBF 3 01

Mostly putting the players on the board but wastes no time in doing that. Missed these characters. I liked that the two times my logic addled brain started to issue alarming sounds, the script moved immediately to allay those fears and explained the logic behind scouring of the mountains and the bug reasoning for making the demons alliance. Not that the latter will stop Keigai from pulling the rug under them.

With that said, while I'm sure the whole mirrors thing will play important role and aid the narrative in moving characters quickly from spot to spot, it feels very suspiciously convenient.Jury's still out. I guess Uro never laid down the law on magic uses in the setting so anything goes really.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how much Blu-Ray plays into the economic of things given that streaming is where the money has moved.
a fart in the wind, they get most of their money from figures and other merch, i think they earn money from rentals too which is why their blu-rays are priced so high because it's easy money from the more dedicated fans

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I don't care for sports either, but sports anime are my jam when executed well, the holy trinity for me is Ippo, Ping Pong, and Haikyuu

But that's me in general, a good anime can get me interested in anything, even rakugo, even I would never give it the time of day IRL. Same with sports anime, I don't give a shit about volleyball, but I love me some Haikyuu lol

Time to watch Run With the Wind 👏👏👏

Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.