• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Spider

So much plot. So many implications to what's happening in the future timeline. Kumoko wrecking careful plots by accidentally stumbling onto them.
Dustin doesn't seem to be mind controlled as he wants to see what Huge can do for them.
Sariella worships the Goddess, and Fei looks a bit like her (see previous episode and Taboo scene for what she looks like)
Dustin thinks that Potimas is a bastard that's bad for the world. The Goddess and Word of God religions both worship the Goddess. Dustin knows this and still intends to go to war with the Goddess religion.
Potimas is behind a worldwide human trafficking ring and Dustin thinks that this might be cover for kidnapping specific kids. Potimas reveals that he's after the reincarnations (now who could've given him that the idea).
Both of them think that Ariel is behind Kumoko wiping out their agents.
The people of Keren county think that Kumoko is the Divine Beast, but it's actually Ariel.
Also, gives context to Sophia saying that Oka-chan's hands aren't clean. The elves have been naughty.

They're shuffling scenes quite a bit from the LN, Kumoko's swimming happens in LN4 but then she skips to LN5 for the Ohts bits. Makes me wonder where they're going with this. Maybe contrasting Shun's journey through Sariella with her and Vampy's scenes?

Last edited:

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
Did everyone give up on Wednesday and Thursday shows? I don't see much discussion about Super Cub, Bakuten, VR, Childhood Friend?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms

(Sure happy all these Shout! movies got added to Tubi to check out!) Well this was definately an interesting one, and of those "I feel like not people watched this" sort of movie. Clocking in at just under 2 hours it felt loooooong. Not that I was bored, but in the sense that they were able to get SO much story in that amount of time. The 3 themes in this were: motherhood, time, and imperialism lol, quite a selection! Overall, I did enjoy it, and the time skips were done well to get that sense of a time difference, through the characters.
Now do a thesis comparing the themes of motherhood in Wolf Children and Maquia, with specific attention to the difference between a man's perspective of the concept of a mother, and a woman's. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Did everyone give up on Wednesday and Thursday shows? I don't see much discussion about Super Cub, Bakuten, VR, Childhood Friend?
I usually just put everything off until Friday evening, and the weekends...

considering the university semester ended this week, and i've been terminated..i have ∞ time on my hands to catch up on Summer, Fall, Winter, and now Spring 2021 anime.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Watching all except Bakuten.

Super Cub is great and cozy, not much to discuss about (the Fuji San episode was funny though lol)
VR looks good and I love Alicias VA, last episode was good too finally and not only masochist shit
Osama / Childhood Friend is whatever, don't enjoy it too much, but I don't hate it either

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Now do a thesis comparing the themes of motherhood in Wolf Children and Maquia, with specific attention to the difference between a man's perspective of the concept of a mother, and a woman's. :)

Different perspectives, but not going to shame the 'man's view' on it for being different, either. Hosoda focuses on more the aspect of "it's a hard job being a mom and raising kids" which isn't wrong (plus the whole juggling of the part-wolf thing).

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
i was hoping the lord of the town would approach kumoko, but this is the next best thing i guess
As the lord of the county, he doesn't want to tempt fate. Kumoko's behaviour has been erratic at best and they know she's too powerful for them to fight. If they set her off for some reason and she destroys the town like she destroyed the fortress in Ohts...

tzM5SI3.png

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where else to ask, but I can't really decide between watching Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer
If you are going to watch both then watch Demon Slayer and then Juju.

The logic there would be Demon slayer is getting a second season this fall, and thus you would be ready for that after you watch the movie while Juju's second season is currently unknown when it will come....

plus Juju is just better than Demon Slayer so it will make Demon Slayer all that more meh if you watch Juju first :P

They're all Aniplex titles, so presumably they're going back into the Aniplex Vault.

which would likely mean being added to funimation within a few months :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I never gave up on those shows as I never watched them in the first place :P
weds/thurs are just for catching up on the crap ton of other great shows from this season and zombieland.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Now now, you know me well enough to also know that aside from my dislike of ecchi and cute things doing cute things, all those shows have an even bigger flaw for me. They aren't currently dubbed :P

But...Bakuten is pretty sports. This reminds me I need to update my MAL watchlist lol, was i so naive at the start of the season to only add Moriarty.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

I certainly hope every one is watching Super Cub. I know slice of life and particularly iyashikei aren't everyone's cup of tea but it's the best show of the season and probably of the whole year unless Summer or Autumn have something absolutely crazy.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.funimation.com

Kakushigoto Movie Shows Extended Trailer and Glimpse of Hime's Mom

If you loved the heartwarming, wholesome father-daughter duo in Kakushigoto, then we've got some news for you on the upcoming movie.

I doubt most in here will care because you all suck and didn't watch one of the best anime of the year last year in Kakushigoto, but funimation has posted some details about the movie and a link to the trailer for it.

Still sad the series didn't get more attention... always sucks when a solid show doesn't get any love :(

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Spider-san 18

Oh hey there Kenjirou Tsuda, as usual (even with the sound turned down I could tell >_>) I like the whole divine beast thing, Kumoko both sniping out the bad guys and now being a healing savior (with quite the fan club!)

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
BLack Clover 1-2

is it bad that i know nothing about this other than it has an inordinate amount of catchy openings lol
Im not too big into these long running shounen so maybe ill probably tire of it eventually but i actually enjoyed how plain and straightforward it is.
One of Astas main traits being he wants to marry a nun...is sure something i guess

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Angel Beats may have been popular at the time it aired, but I'm really struggling with it. It's painfully boring and I'm still waiting for some kind of twist. Also the story is a mess, I don't know what's going on after 10 episodes.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Angel Beats may have been popular at the time it aired, but I'm really struggling with it. It's painfully boring and I'm still waiting for some kind of twist. Also the story is a mess, I don't know what's going on after 10 episodes.
It's still got far better music than K-on and far more of it as well (aired around the same time)

just go watch The Good Place instead though, does a much better job with similar themes :P

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
SSSS Dynazenon 7

That fight was hype. Cant believe those kids are all grown up now. Didn't recognize the girl at first though.

Nanami's "Something Beam!" is hilarious.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017

fuck this show, i get so mad just thinking that i wasted time on it

do yourself a favor and drop it

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
And one day you will watch Nana :P

Horimaya was great until they killed off best boy. Once they killed him and replaced him with generic male character the series went downhill fast :P
I lost track of who was who. There was pretty boy with purple hair, green hair, red hair, blue hair... It was too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.