• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I recently purchased a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition bundle from GameStop. In addition to the console, it included the following:
  • Pulse 3D headset
  • 1-year PlayStation Plus membership code (digital)
  • $50 PlayStation Store gift card (digital)
  • $20 GameStop gift card (digital)
I've received all of the digital items, and the Pulse 3D headset is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I admittedly haven't been following the tracking information for the Pulse 3D headset, but the tracking information for the console itself has been driving me crazy. FedEx was originally supposed to deliver it on Friday, but it then moved to Saturday, then to Sunday, then to Tuesday, then to Monday (today, so it jumped back a day), and now to Thursday.

I'm hopeful it just arrives as scheduled, but I'm curious as to whether anyone else here had a console bundle purchase go bad and what ended up happening in the end. My concern is that GameStop doesn't allow returns for just one item in a bundle, but what if the console doesn't arrive? I was wanting to redeem the PlayStation Plus membership, but I don't want to start that up if I end up without a console to use it with for another few months. What would you do in this situation? Frankly, I'm not even sure whether GameStop can recall the codes they sent me, but I don't want to be stuck with having purchased them if I end up not getting the console.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I've ordered 10+ bundles from GameStop now at this point (buying them for friends who are working, not reselling), and they've all gone just fine..

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I don't have any experience with bundles like that, but the changing the delivery date that much thing sounds to me like they lost it and are buying time to try and locate it.

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't have any experience with bundles like that, but the changing the delivery date that much thing sounds to me like they lost it and are buying time to try and locate it.
I wish they hadn't shipped the items separately. I haven't received any delivery exception notifications, so they definitely haven't tried delivering it yet. FedEx delivers here pretty regularly, so, yeah, it's probably lost.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i accidentally deleted the codes for some of the free games I got with my Xbox One

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
i accidentally deleted the codes for some of the free games I got with my Xbox One
Were the codes on physical cards, or were they codes you purchased digitally? The reason I ask is because many online stores allow you to recover codes like that as long as the order is associated with an account you can still access. It might be a bit of a longshot given how much time has passed, but I just figured I'd mention it in case you can still recover them somehow.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Were the codes on physical cards, or were they codes you purchased digitally? The reason I ask is because many online stores allow you to recover codes like that as long as the order is associated with an account you can still access. It might be a bit of a longshot given how much time has passed, but I just figured I'd mention it in case you can still recover them somehow.
emailed to me. I was clearing junk out my email and accidentally deleted them

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
emailed to me. I was clearing junk out my email and accidentally deleted them
Depending on where you ordered them from, they may still be recoverable. For example, I know Amazon emails codes to you like that, but you can still access them in an area of your account dedicated to your digital purchases. Any chance that's the case for you, assuming you can still access the account you purchased them through?