• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

Celebrate with the president of Taiwan by possible drinking one today🧋

7grggUn.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love this shit, wish I had places that serve it closer by tho

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I never had this, and never knew about the connection to Taiwan. Now that I know that I kinda want it more

jleo

Aug 12, 2021
Fun story about bubble tea. Where I grew up, nobody knew what the hell it was in 2009-2010 or so. We had a little store in the mall selling bubble tea and I was walking around with it. Several people stopped me and asked "uhh.. what.. is that?". I made my brother try it and he nearly choked to death with the first sip. Nice little store, unfortunately they closed up pretty quick, I am guessing due to the fact that nobody knew what it was.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a pack of boba from the Korean market a couple days ago. Guess I'll try some today (for the first time)

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Ooh, good excuse to hit my neighborhood bubble tea place.
Also, I thought it was HK, glad to be corrected it's from Taiwan.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I think it would be nice to run a tea/Boba shop. I don't like the tapioca personally but love the drinks.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Welp I know what I'm getting for lunch later.

I remember the first time I had bubble tea and pho, back around 2006 or so, the place must've not washed their dishes super well or something cause it literally tasted like soap bubbles.

Ruined me on the stuff til around 2009 when I moved cities and tried it at a place where my girlfriend worked, and now I love it.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I had a crème brûlée one the other day with a toasted top. It was pretty interesting, but taro is still my favourite flavour.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
less ice and less sugar
this is the way

I usually go no sugar and standard ice where possible. The bobas are already sweet as it is.

I like earl grey ones, but having difficulty finding them in my area of Tokyo. When I lived in Melbourne city center there was a dozen within a 5 minute walk. Sigh.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I've become a Bubble Tea fiend since I was introduced to it about a year ago. Fruit Tea? I love it!

I've recently started having Dragonfruit Bubble Tea and it's amazing, I used to frequent a place called Mooboo that has Strawberry and Lychee on offer, when I walk in the staff know exactly what I want, and ask me if I want two this time 😂😂

Love me some Tapioca, as well as Strawberry and Lychee Boba.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I just texted my Taiwanese boss about it, now hopefully she gets the hint and brings one in for me.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I hate boba. I have no idea why it's so popular.

It's very sweet and very novel, even now.

Gives me the poots :(

Really? Most shops don't even use real milk. They use a lactose-free milk powder. I wonder if it's the boba itself.

I mean, the President of Taiwan called it bubble tea. It's a widely accepted name at this point, and all the shops around here call it that. It's like saying "It's not a hot dog, it's a frankfurter."

Boba is the name of the tapioca balls, not the tea itself. But it's largely a distinction without a difference.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think there are like 20 boba places in a 1 mile radius around me, which is a shame because I wish I liked boba more. If I do go to one I usually just go for anything taro-based.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I tried it for the first time and it just tastes like strawberry milk. Don't see the big deal at all.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Love it. Need it always.

My favorite place here is constantly adding fun drinks as well. Love their classic Milk Tea, and their green Thai Milk Tea... but some of their others are just crazy good.

If you like Taro, and can find Ubae. Try it.

t34qWMN.png

Biscotti...
JrLgSgv.png

Pandan Leaves Milk
AtbJgwr.png

The place is just too good, always. Apparently we celebrated Bubble Tea day early last night. Oops.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I first had boba tea in LA in the early 2000s and was hooked immediately. Not only does it taste great, but tapioca is good for digestion.

There's a huge quality difference though between the chain stores and the ones that prepare their own boba. Good boba should be slightly warm and soft. If you've only had boba at chain stores, go search out the good stuff.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Seattle has a fest dedicated to bubble tea today, all along the Ave in the U District. I'm heading there now to tapioca it up.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Not familiar, but it looks pretty fuckin' tasty. I'd be shocked if there was anything like it around here, because there's nothing around here, but I'd try it, for sure.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
God I fucking LOVE bubble tea, especially Taro, gimme that purple potato thingy anyday!

Hell yeah