• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
shield-tv-apple-tv-nv-blog-header-1280x680-1.jpg

The Apple TV app features Apple TV+, Apple's video subscription service featuring Apple Originals, including series like Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, For All Mankind and Servant; as well as movies like Greyhound, Palmer and Wolfwalkers. With SHIELD TV, they can be enjoyed in stunning Dolby Vision — a combination that offers beautiful 4K HDR picture quality with remarkable colors, sharper contrasts and incredible brightness. Dolby Atmos is also supported, unlocking richer and more immersive sound. Together, they deliver the best possible cinematic experience.

Apple TV channels are also on the Apple TV app, such as AMC+, Paramount+ and Starz, and watch ad-free and on demand, directly on the Apple TV app. Through Family Sharing, up to six family members can share subscriptions to Apple TV channels using their personal Apple ID and password. And you can enjoy personalized and curated recommendations and access your library of movies and shows purchased from Apple.

blogs.nvidia.com

SHIELD TV Streaming More Hit Shows with Apple TV | NVIDIA Blog

SHIELD owners can stream the Apple TV app, including Apple TV+, and its impressive lineup of award-winning series, compelling dramas, groundbreaking documentaries, kids’ shows, comedies and more.

Husker86

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting this!

I just bought another Chromecast with Google TV to replace my shield because of this. Oh well, the Netflix credit when buying that makes it almost free anyway.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's great.
Does Airplay also work?

Hope Apple will also allow Apple Fitness on the shield if they are not going to support game streaming on AppleTV.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
about damn time. I really wish apple would get apple music on more platforms as well

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Does this follow the pattern of the other apps by nobbling the stream quality compared to the Apple TV?