• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
It's super greasy. Like, shockingly so.

To set the scene, I walked into Marcos at about 12:30 today. It was sort of cloudy and humid. As I walked in the door, I spotted a worker named Jared. I had seen him working there before, but this time something was off. The place reeked of grease, and when I saw him I knew exactly why ... his hair, was drenched in nasty grease. I was distraught, wondering what I walked in to. I nearly threw up looking at this foul demon. The spawn of something impeccable, was staring at me deep into my soul. At one point I thought he was going to blast me with his disgusting grease cannons, removing me from this awful place. The molecular base of this human was filter by grease, it dripped from every crevasse in his body. I didn't know what to do, I stood there in silence hoping this hell hound of a human would rip my face from my body. I finally found the courage to ask for my simple yet exquisite pepperoni pizza. The look that this man gave me, should have turned me to stone at that very second. I don't know what got to him first, the grease or fucking Satan. He finally went to get my pizza, but as he went into the back, I heard the pizza scream for its life, begging this cheuksin to stop wrapping his greasy hair around his box. I was given the box and ran out of the door, that was the last time I ever set foot in a Marcos.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite of the chain pizza joints. Like others mentioned; the old world pepperonis are next level.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I've been curious to try them when I'm in Puerto Rico because they've popped up everywhere the last few years there...but when I get a pizza craving I usually just default to Costco.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Better than the larger chains. Use their coupons though, paying full price is where they get you.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it is good, but y'all were not joking about the grease. But these old world pepperoni are next level

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
The advertisements always make it look awesome, and it looked super appealing on the site... but yeah, super greasy. Like they just deep fried the pizza and threw it in a box. And that box was being stored in a pool of grease.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I never heard of them but apparently there is one a few miles away. There are 20 other pizza places in a 2 mile radius though, most local. I'll keep it in mind though.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
They are the best quality national chain pizza by a dramatic length, but also expensive. I wont say no to them, but I do usually skip them for either a cheap chain or a good local.
They usually have deals when ordering from their website. I just got a pizza from them a couple days ago and they had a 50% off deal on their website so a 6 topping pizza was like $12. They pretty much always have large 3 toppings for $9 too.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
An Ohio original and definitely on the better end of the pizza chain spectrum. Old world pepperoni is fantastic as you learned and decent sauce. Solid pizza.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
of the national chains it's easily on top

pricier maybe, but there's always a deal floating around

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
There is only one and it's about 12 miles from me. I'd have to eat it there, don't want to take it all the way home.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I only had them once like 3 or so years ago. I thought they were okay for what it's worth. About along the lines of your Dominos and Pizza Huts.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're pretty decent. We switched over to them for a long while once our local Pizza Hut went completely down the drain, although nowadays there's a great place nearby called Pies and Pints.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see it well received. One opened up near me a while ago but haven't tried it yet. Definitely gonna give it a shot now.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Use to love Marcos, but they changed around here. It's a pile of grease and they put parmesan crumbs all over the place.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Marco's was my go-to before I moved. Way better than the other chain places imo. But yeah waaayyyy to much grease so it was a once in a while thing.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Tried the Marcos that started nearby a few months ago and I could not believe how greasy it was... And I'm saying this as someone that doesn't mind Cici's.

Oct 25, 2017
Currently my favorite of the chain pizzerias.

It's all about the Pepperoni Magnifico.
And tuesdays are buy one get one free.

Oct 25, 2017
Two pages and no pics 🤷🏿‍♂️
9VqW2ZNscT0guxcp.jpg

Not the best logo to be honest. Gets the point across with the pizza, but a bit of a wild design with the M made only partially out of pizza.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
One just opened in my town and my family already loves it, including my infamously particular son. Definitely better than Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc., although I'd say I like Round Table better as far as chains go. It would be nice if my town had any decent local pizza joints, but it's nice to have a new, tasty, option that's not quite as expensive as Round Table.