• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
For the first time in an Assassin's Creed game, players will be able to tweak some game parameters to create their own game experience, thanks to the Animus Control Panel for PC.

The Animus Control Panel will be deployed on PC later this month. Ever fancied having three animal companions? The Animus Control Panel is your go-to.

• 75 parameters within 11 categories
  • Three pre-created presets available
  • Presets created by players can be shared on a dedicated forum
  • The Animus Control Panel is embedded in Uplay Library's page
DZ4MK9QXUAYTjzr.jpg:large

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-321267-16/this-month-in-assassins-creed®-origins-april

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's really cool, it's like an in-game cheat engine table.

Stuff like this is awesome because people can find a perfect setting if they find the game too easy or too hard in certain areas.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: You may adjust any parameter you wish by adjusting the parameter you wish to adjust in the adjustment menu.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Between this and the Discovery Tour, it's really cool to see Ubisoft letting people play around in the worlds they've (re)created. I got AC:O the other day, and spent a couple hours in the Tour, just reading and looking. Still haven't even loaded up the "real" game.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
That is super cool for everybody involved. Not only is it good for users, but I'm sure Ubi will be recording all that data to see what configurations are most popular, and that could influence future games in the series.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Wow, Ubisoft's 180 in how they approach PC gaming has been really remarkable over the last three years.

We heard them talk forever about how much they valued PC gaming. Now they've been showing it! Lots of settings to adjust, good optimization for a variety of PC builds, ultrawide support, HDR support...and they just keep going. :-)

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool

I think more games should have stuff like this. Players should be able to tweak the experience to how they want it, especially if they don't like the way the devs have the game set up.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty cool. Seeing the screenshot I don't know why it's pc only though but if I ever play this on pc I'll use it.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This is very cool.

That's pretty cool. Seeing the screenshot I don't know why it's pc only though but if I ever play this on pc I'll use it.

Possibly that their game/engine requires this stuff to be configured before it's launched and can't be altered whilst the game is running. Consoles don't really offer much in terms of an interface to a games configuration when the game isn't running.

I'm sure it'd be possible with some work to make these changes with the game running - but it's probably work they can't justify - whereas on the PC they can provide these interfaces quite easily, they own the uplay client and have full access to the games files on a user's PC to be able to make these changes (or pass them as parameters to the executable, if this config isn't read from disk).

Edit: misread - this is done via the in-game uplay overlay? If so - disregard what I said ^

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, I really dig that they tied this thing into the Animus aspect lol.

Glad to see them finally paying real attention to their PC users.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the Windows spring update will finally fix my HDR so I can get back to playing this game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That character selection slot presumably means we will get to play the entire game (or at least non story parts) as Aya. Sweet.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is one of these parameters PHENOM support for AMD Phenom users?

The only thing the game needs is patched support for SSE 4.1 and/or SSE 4.2 instruction sets. Every other game on the market runs on this cpu. Even FFXV got a patch after like a week or two to support PHENOM cpu's.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
HOW

HOW can they add something this hilariously obscure and unexpected and still not have proper HUD options?! It's so weird.

Korghano

Oct 25, 2017
Will there be an option for "stop murdering my CPU?"

Cus I'd like to play this game at a smooth 60, but no matter what settings I select, my Ryzen 3 1200 bottlenecks my 1080 aggressively.

Now seems like a great time to pick up a current Gen Ryzen 7, but I'm hesitant considering the second Gen CPU's are round the corner (though they don't seem to offer more than 5-10% in the way of improvement for gaming).

Does anyone know if the Ryzen 5/7 chips handle ACO alright?

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
So they've added they're own cheat engine that's cool. And looking at the screenshot (shift + F2) looks like you'll be able to change values on the fly.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
HOW

HOW can they add something this hilariously obscure and unexpected and still not have proper HUD options?! It's so weird.

Yeah I still don't get why they didn't improve HUD options post launch when that was one of the most requested things from community.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see nothing regarding fixing the textures not loading in the game creating block people.