• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Looking forward to animated lens flares
tenor.gif

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man, a lot of people haven't seen this huh? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially when it comes to the scene where Harley Quinn and Nightwing bang, but before they do, Quinn makes sure to mention that she hasn't showered.

I hope he got...whatever out of his system and is back to being good

See, there was always skeezy stuff going back to the 90s cartoon. Roxy Rocket basically having an orgasm. Harley emerging from the pie and singing that song from Joker. I think the Killing Joke and Harley Quinnn movies were just the first time all bets were off and Bruce Timm didn't have to wrestle against the restrictions that he had to with a network kids show.

I'm sure this show is going to be more restrained, but I won't be surprised to see his kinks cropping up from time to time.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
The fact they have to call out "using state of the art animation techniques and technology" doesn't fill me with hope about what this thing will look like.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, a lot of people haven't seen this huh? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially when it comes to the scene where Harley Quinn and Nightwing bang, but before they do, Quinn makes sure to mention that she hasn't showered.

Also never forget Harley's double butt crack:

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
bruce timm is responsible for literally the best and worst of animated batman so uh... hmm.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people have to worry about JJ Abrams here. He's great at setup and ideas, but he's terrible about following through in the long run for an overall story arch and plan. For something like this, that shouldn't be an issue since I have to imagine it'll be more episodic stories rather than one long story arch.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think people have to worry about JJ Abrams here. He's great at setup and ideas, but he's terrible about following through in the long run for an overall story arch and plan. For something like this, that shouldn't be an issue since I have to imagine it'll be more episodic stories rather than one long story arch.
People see JJ's name and instantly jump to TROS, not realizing that he produces a hundred different things, none of which will get the same level of attention or involvement as a single movie he writes and directs himself.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
People see JJ's name and instantly jump to TROS, not realizing that he produces a hundred different things, none of which will get the same level of attention or involvement as a single movie he writes and directs himself.

forreal. this dude produces like a bunch of things yearly.

its like thinking Spielberg is responsible for the Transformers franchise lol.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
The people involved (JJ Abrams aside) plus that poster art is making me deeply excited for this. Wish I knew how to access the Harley Quinn HBO Max series, I've heard it's amazing.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it that the animated DCEU is light years ahead of the actual cinematic stuff?

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
You had me at Bruce Timm, kinda lost me at JJ Abrams.

Still interested in what becomes of this but my expectations are definitely in check as of now.

Oct 27, 2017
I must be the only member of this forum who hasn't seen killing joke. Like I get that people hate it, but I have a hard time believing a blunder or two invalidates all the awesome stuff Timm has made over the years.

Batman v Harley Quinn was alright. It was a bit odd at times, but it was nice to have that art style back and Nightwing to exist alongside the Justice League. Also he did Justice League vs Fatal Five after which was a massive improvement over that movie.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Cautiously excited. Wait and see approach, depends on the animation and writing. If it's all 3D CG with bad animation and weird fetishes throughout, yeah no thanks.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Not a fan of the original ears. They don't really actually look good. They're basically just there for people to be like, "Hey, it's like the original. I know this thing!"

Maybe the actual show will change my mind... 🤷🏻‍♂️