• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the New Super Nintendo Super Switch Pro Ultra Entertainment System or
NSNSSPUES for short

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's true and I hope a lot of people don't feel compelled to buy it day one. I want one and I'm tired of the things I want selling out the minute they drop lol.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I guess it's been debunked?

But if that turns out to be the name anyway, is it the NEW Nintendo Switch PRO (like Nintendo New 3DS...) or is the NEW just like... when they put (Latest Model) in the title.
One of the running theories is that there's gonna be a New Nintendo Switch which is a revision of the current hardware with an OLED screen, and a New Nintendo Switch Pro which has the hardware Bloomberg reported on. This is because earlier someone claimed to have seen 4 new listings of which 2 were labelled Pro (probably 2 colors of each model).

I don't think this is correct though, since Nvidia is reportedly halting the production of the Tegra X1+ this year. So producing a new model using older hardware is not something that sounds realistic.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if it's substantially more powerful than the Switch, then this price is alright. $100 more than current Switch.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Back in my day you just needed an uncle who worked there, all this fake internal vendor stuff is too much work.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I just want a Switch, man. (ok, not the lite model) I've held out this long already. I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed the moment I attempt to load the preorder page, aren't I?

I'm still secretly hoping it's called Super Switch.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Some people really enjoying making japes this week

We know it's coming, but is there any indication that any of these supposed retailer leaks are actually real?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They are high off their gourds if they think $400 will be a reasonable price point for something like this. Especially considering what the actual next-gen systems are priced at for the moment.

$400 is a pipe dream and that is putting it kindly.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Even with the fake sku, will be waiting on the Newer Nintendo Switch Pro

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
$399 is what I expected. I'm just shocked we haven't seen a picture of the actual switch yet

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine a series of numbers used for a sku for a CPU from 19 years ago could be repeated in 2021 on a new product

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the time Persona 5 and Link to the Past "leaked" was on internal Best Buy listings...aka bullshit

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Oh look. Another leak using *gasp* yet another gas station burner flip phone camera.

This one seems more 2000's than the phone used for elden ring

They are high off their gourds if they think $400 will be a reasonable price point for something like this. Especially considering what the actual next-gen systems are priced at for the moment.

$400 is a pipe dream and that is putting it kindly.
Considering that Switch is destroying the competition despite being priced the same as a PS4 and an Xbox Series S, I don't think folks are going to look at a $400 price tag with as much disgust as you think they would. Just a hunch!

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like this listing is fake but I still expect a new switch to be $399 if they plan on keeping the original switch on the market for a while. When they discontinue it I can see the "pro getting a price drop to $299.

I dont think it really makes sense to develop a more powerful system and only charge maybe $50 more than the base model.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I have no doubt that a certain kind of person will buy it at that price, but value for money that price is absolutely nuts considering you can get a next-gen system for just $100 more.
Depends on what they want to play. If someone wants to play the next BOTW, Metroid Prime 4, Splatoon 3 at the highest quality they'll easily drop the money on a switch pro.

Also when there was a switch shortage people were paying $400+ for just the normal switch.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
One of the running theories is that there's gonna be a New Nintendo Switch which is a revision of the current hardware with an OLED screen, and a New Nintendo Switch Pro which has the hardware Bloomberg reported on. This is because earlier someone claimed to have seen 4 new listings of which 2 were labelled Pro (probably 2 colors of each model).

I don't think this is correct though, since Nvidia is reportedly halting the production of the Tegra X1+ this year. So producing a new model using older hardware is not something that sounds realistic.

Maybe one is just a new die shrink of the mariko chip. Like they did with 2019 revision.
Give it a bigger oled screen and replace. Sell for the same price as it is now.

Then the pro obviously.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
If true, Switch Pro is a stupid name. Would prefer Super Nintendo Switch, since while it's a stupid name it has good heritage

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
Has there been any credible sources stating two new models? Or is the New & New Pro thing just made up?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I have no doubt that a certain kind of person will buy it at that price, but value for money that price is absolutely nuts considering you can get a next-gen system for just $100 more.
They're not portable and don't play Nintendo games.

Like someone else mentioned, the Switch is still "high" in price and is breaking records.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.