• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They took my IMAX & Dolby Cinema away from me, but screw, I'll be there in the theater. Was originally all in on Disney+ Premier Access, but I'm fully vaxxed.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
same (except I'll split the cost with myself and my family will still watch).

Does it let you watch like a rental for 48 hours? In case my kids want to watch on their tablets after we watch on TV

It's more than 48 hours. As long as you have a subscription, you'll be able to watch it as long as you want.

Think of it less as a rental and more like removing a paywall. The movie is on D+, but not everyone can access it because it's still in theaters. But if you want to access it now as many times as you and your family want, you pay the fee and the paywall goes down. Otherwise, you wait with everyone else for the paywall to go down once theater "exclusivity" is over.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tickets seem to be selling decently fast in my area. Only ticket I could get to my closest AMC opening night was the end of a row. Which is suboptimal but hey we'll take it.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Not really excited for this so I might just opt for the Disney plus version and split the cost with a friend. Definitely seeing Spidey at IMAX.

lupe121283

Oct 31, 2017
Really? Maybe they will update that. My AMC has IMAX and Dolby viewings.
It's really weird, I am trying to upload an image on IMGUR but it says the app is over capacity. Burbank AMC 16 in burbank, california is only showing digital showing on the app. I even tried fandango and it only shows the digital

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
you dont think you'll be able to walk into any theater the week it comes out and get a seat?

i think you're over estimating how many people are willing to go *indoors* while the pandemic is still going, for Black Widow, no less.

I mean im gonna go see it myself but its Black Widow not avengers endgame.

It's the first marvel movie released in a word where "covid is fixed" (It's clearly not but that's the rhetoric going around).

It's going to make an extra 200 million just because of that.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
thinking BW would have bombed if it came out when it was supposed to, no covid, is one of the stupidest things ive read on this website forum place

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well my friend and I are gonna buy our tickets. The morning showing we want to go to is starting to get full already.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just looked at my local theaters and grabbed an 11 am showing on that Sunday. Cheaper tickets, less likely to be full, reserve level. All sounds good to me!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'm probably gonna D+ this one. I think this looks like one of the least visually interesting MCU films in ages so I'm not that fussed about a cinema trip - the trailer just looks so grey and dull.

Mii

Oct 25, 2017
Purchased for 7/11 in IMAX, thanks OP

Debated Dolby Cinema but the filming for IMAX size convinced me

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
This is a tough choice. $30 for premier where I can watch it over and over or do I go to the theater? Gonna have to think it over.

Glad this is finally coming out, though!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Considering Cruella and Quiet Place II sold out their seats for the first week and beyond I'll be sure to book this well in advance when they go up here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that AMC is still inserting an extra seat in between groups for social distancing, but man, I wish they were a little smarter about it. Look at these two ForeverAlones who made sure to grab outside seats that doubled the distance between them:

IS4AQgk.png

After the first one bought, the second one should've been forced to buy the seat that is directly adjacet to the forced spacer seat. Not there will be at least 1 less seat available in that row.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to go ahead and spend the $30 to watch this at home.
And then spend another $30 to buy it later once its on iTunes :laugh:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's cool that AMC is still inserting an extra seat in between groups for social distancing, but man, I wish they were a little smarter about it. Look at these two ForeverAlones who made sure to grab outside seats that doubled the distance between them:

IS4AQgk.png

After the first one bought, the second one should've been forced to buy the seat that is directly adjacet to the forced spacer seat. Not there will be at least 1 less seat available in that row.
Some cinemas are doing a two-seat gap so doesn't seem all that wild to me. It's probably more sensible than the single-seat for reopening, imo at least.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some cinemas are doing a two-seat gap so doesn't seem all that wild to me. It's probably more sensible than the single-seat for reopening, imo at least.
These are big fat recliners with big fat arm rests (Dolby Cinema), I think they're doing single-seat because there's already a lot of space. Solo nerds doubling the space just means less people can get decent seats though.

I dunno. I'm vaccinated and assume most of the auditorium will be as well, just kinda shitty that less decent seats are available because of some dorks are gaming the system.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
These are big fat recliners with big fat arm rests (Dolby Cinema), I think they're doing single-seat because there's already a lot of space. Solo nerds doubling the space just means less people can get decent seats though.

I dunno. I'm vaccinated and assume most of the auditorium will be as well, just kinda shitty that less decent seats are available because of some dorks are gaming the system.
My cinema is the same and is double-spaced so I guess I just see it as better than the alternative, even if it's less seats total. I can't blame someone for wanting to try and ensure a bit more space around them right now, but then again I'm from the UK where a quieter cinema is the ultimate goal so guess that also factors into it a bit.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Oh if this doesn't hit the Premiere Access numbers Disney wants, we can forget getting anything else people want.

This is 100% the "put your money where your mouth is" moment for people who want to watch from home day 1 for big movies.

It's also an interesting experiment to see how high quality pirating will affect the box office performance, there's no question that this movie will have record pirating views.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My cinema is the same and is double-spaced so I guess I just see it as better than the alternative, even if it's less seats total. I can't blame someone for wanting to try and ensure a bit more space around them right now, but then again I'm from the UK where a quieter cinema is the ultimate goal so guess that also factors into it a bit.
Shit, if I wanted "quieter cinema" I would just order the Premier Access and watch in my home theater. I make the trip for opening night MCU specifically for the crowd experience.

It's also an interesting experiment to see how high quality pirating will affect the box office performance, there's no question that this movie will have record pirating views.
Cruella seems to have done well with Premier Access despite the high piracy. At the end of the day, convenience sells.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Shit, if I wanted "quieter cinema" I would just order the Premier Access and watch in my home theater. I make the trip for opening night MCU specifically for the crowd experience.
I'll never understand it but I respect that that seems to be a common cultural divide lmao. I'd always take a cinema where I could hear a pin drop (save for the film audio itself ofc) over anything else. I go there for the great audio, screen size and seats. I have decent speakers, comfy sofa and 55'' at home close enough to be a good time but some magic is missing relative to the theatre for me. That magic isn't in hearing the people around me though 😂 Either way, I hope we both enjoy Black Widow when it hits. I'm pumped for it, and excited for the long line of MCU films ahead of us the next few years.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Got 3 tickets for opening weekend at 7:00 PM. Looks like my theater is still spacing out seats for social distancing which is a godsend.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Yeah for Marcus Theaters $5 student Thursdays! Snagged some tickets for the squad to check Black Widow out, surprisingly the 8:30 showing had no tickets sold yet

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Man, I can't wait to see this in theaters. Watched A Quiet Place Part 2 in theaters earlier this month and I forgot how enjoyable certain movies can be with a theater-sized screen, incredible surround sound, and getting totally immersed in the movie world (which I often have problems doing at home with distractions all around).

Funny thing is, I wasn't going to that many theater movies in the year, but I'm craving the experience now. There are some action scenes in the trailers that just look like they'll be better viewed on a theater screen, too.
but ill make a bet, if i can get a ticket to see Black Widow the first week without "pre ordering" and just walk in and see it, i win.
This is such a weak-ass "bet." You go from calling that it will be a "bomb" to making your bet contingent on being able to walk in and see a movie...when we're still in a pandemic and a crazy number of screens are going to be dedicated to Black Widow that otherwise wouldn't be.

Why don't you throw out a number for gross box office receipts that you think the movie will hit under? I'm curious to know what you even consider a "bomb" to be when it comes to MCU movies.

Mairu

Oct 25, 2017
SF Bay Area
No Dolby & IMAX showings at the bay area theaters yet despite AMC having a promotion for folks watching on IMAX is bizarre - assuming these showings will get added later, standard ticket purchased for now

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you must not read very much on this forum then. and if your gonna sub quote someone's post just quote tweet them.

Nah, it's genuinely one of the worst takes I've ever read on here, too.

There's just absolutely nothing suggesting it would have bombed. It was almost certainly never going to be one of their bigger earners, but there's still a wide gap between "multi-billion dollar draw" and "bomb". Ant-Man was probably the floor for this.

No one was even worried about not being able to walk in day of and get a ticket; you pre-order to make sure you've got a great seat without the hassle.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This is such a weak-ass "bet." You go from calling that it will be a "bomb" to making your bet contingent on being able to walk in and see a movie...when we're still in a pandemic and a crazy number of screens are going to be dedicated to Black Widow that otherwise wouldn't be.

Why don't you throw out a number for gross box office receipts that you think the movie will hit under? I'm curious to know what you even consider a "bomb" to be when it comes to MCU movies.
no its not, this is *Exactly* what i said in my first post, that everyone freaked out and starting quoting me for.

why would you need to buy tickets a month in advance for a movie thats going to bomb and you can just walk in at any time and get a decent seat?

i think you'll be able to walk in pretty much any time you want in the first week and see it. therefore thats my bet.
Nah, it's genuinely one of the worst takes I've ever read on here, too.

There's just absolutely nothing suggesting it would have bombed. It was almost certainly never going to be one of their bigger earners, but there's still a wide gap between "multi-billion dollar draw" and "bomb". Ant-Man was probably the floor for this.

No one was even worried about not being able to walk in day of and get a ticket; you pre-order to make sure you've got a great seat without the hassle.
mutliple people have said why it might bomb. who wants this movie? now of all times? its like 7 years too late. and scarjo is bland and wooden as black widow.

and no its not the worst take when we get takes like fellowship of the ring is the only good lotr movie or that lotr is boring both of which are prominent takes on here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BOLD TAKE ALERT: Era poster claims something in the past would have never happened with no way to prove otherwise.

Which is hilarious given this conversation started with you doing just that lol.

And given the 23 movies that precluded this one, it's easy to see who's most up their own ass on this.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Reading the Wiki, I just realised Jac Schaeffer came up with the story for this movie...

...you know what that means, right?

We'll never know what the KGB sacrificed for Natasha.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Which is hilarious given this conversation started with you doing just that lol.

And given the 23 movies that precluded this one, it's easy to see who's most up their own ass on this.
i said i thought it would bomb, there's a difference than claiming something would never happen thats already in the past.

i think its pretty safe to say if it doesnt bomb in covid times then it likely would not have bombed had covid not happened.
Why the fuck does EVERY thread get derailed on this site. FUCK.

but the bigger question is why do yall care so much? Like who cares if some random on the internet thinks a movie is going to bomb? Im still going to go see it. But like we have major bet threads about avatar vs titanic or other movies bombing, whats the big deal that someone thinks black widow will bomb?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope I get tickets for premiere day :,v
With fewer seats, due to distancing, the theatres get full quickly

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
That's not a bold take at all. It's Black Widow being "a movie thats going to bomb" that's the interesting prediction. What's your definition of "bomb?"
idunno i dont really follow box office that much. less than ant man total US gross?
less than 50 million opening weekend? whatever, i actually dont really care that much.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Rudely derails a thread for people excited about a movie by saying it's gonna bomb and the lead actress sucks, is responsible for half the posts in the thread. "I don't even care about any of this. You guys are getting so worked up."

Classic.