• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
ncbUwOyJRSaZRucSzbcz_James-Bratten-Battle-Roayle-Poster.jpg

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Bluehole made other games before PUBG, I don't see why not keep making other games.

OP
OP
sinonobu

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
In the interview the guy is basically saying they are doing this because they earned a lot of money from PUBG. lol

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm I wonder what kind of game. If aimed at Asian markets, would it be safe to assume it is not FPS type of game? Thinking of Sony's China Hero Project, most of those games seemed to be third person action games, so I assume this new IP would be too.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
How many people work at Bluehole? I was always under the impression that they're a small studio, but they have several games in the works

500 plus i think.

They're a large publisher. PUBG is the reason they're known in the West. In Asia they're more known for the TERA IP.

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, there goes the "MS should buy them" comments.

Did they mention only for the Asian market, or just targeting that demographic/type of game?

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I know this isn't what the game is going to be but I can just imagine trying to run PUBG on a Switch

The system would spontaneously combust in three seconds

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New ip for Ps4 but no pubg, priorities.

When they arrive on Ps4 the next big thing will probably be happening already, they are missing the boat.

Heck Fortnite is dominating Ps4 right now, always the most streamed game alongside WW2.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New ip for Ps4 but no pubg, priorities.

When they arrive on Ps4 the next big thing will probably be happening already, they are missing the boat.

Heck Fortnite is dominating Ps4 right now, always the most streamed game alongside WW2.
They are in a contracted deal with Microsoft for temp exclusitivity

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I really wouldn't be OK with this.

PUBG is Battle Royale-inspired in the sense of "lol everyone is killing everyone lol." It lacks anything regarding the plot or characterizations of the film (much less the original novel) and Bluehole even got away with selling outfits inspired by the movie through loot boxes (despite, you know, not actually being a Battle Royale game or anything officially associated.)

It's really kind of gross and my biggest complaint with PUBG. It built itself on the reputation of someone else's story without actually understanding that story. It's just a skin-deep appreciation.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SWITCH GETTING ALL DA LOVE

Man if they have a major hit like PUBG on Switch, fuckin hell man

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh what's that suppose to imply?

You didn't see the recent threads about PC players complaining how PUBG is almost unplayable since cheating became rampant?

And according to the stats most are from China which is also PUBG biggest userbase, seems it's pretty lucrative.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
You didn't see the recent threads about PC players complaining how PUBG is almost unplayable since cheating became rampant?

And according to the stats most are from China which is also PUBG biggest userbase, seems it's pretty lucrative.

That's a horrible way to generalize an entire race and China is not the only country in Asia.