• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Just came across this and was excited to see the wait might not be that long.

ParksCo2

Oct 31, 2017
Sure, but spending $50 for a game that is constantly $5 on Xbox and PS4... That is a rough transition. I will keep waiting till its $20

Oct 28, 2017
It's one of my all time favorites so you can bet I'm in.

But seriously, enough with the rereleases. Just make a new Burnout. NFS is dead in the water. People want it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but spending $50 for a game that is constantly $5 on Xbox and PS4... That is a rough transition. I will keep waiting till its $20
I can't decide if I want to get it at launch to support my love of Burnout (and EA ports on Switch), or wait for a sale because that price is ridiculous...

I'll probably just wait because I doubt my purchase will make much of a difference.

Already got the Remastered version on PC for like $20 when it launched. I would have done $30 day one or maybe even $40 since I'm sure it took a bit of work to get it on Switch, but more than that is too much IMO.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
At $20 I'll bite. Probably would have bit at $30 but EA offended me by getting a little too ambitious with their pricing.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Trying to charge $50 for this is just hilarious. Watch EA complain about sales after nobody falls for this robbery.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'll grab it on a sale eventually because it is Burnout and Paradise is excellent but $50 is too much for what is a very minor "remaster". For whatever reason, EA keeps pushing NFS and keeps Burnout in the forgotten trash bin and I can't forgive them for it so I'm not buying for more than I could on other platforms.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA probably wants to sabotage it's sales to later use it as excuse to drop Switch support. This is a well known strategy from publishers with bad blood with Nintendo in the past.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
it's easier to just not put anything out for the system
I know it's tin-foil hat tier stuff but iirc there've been rumors that the top brass at EA think a market without Nintendo or Nintendo being completely irrelevant is better for the rest of their prospects

I don't know if it's worth believing in at all but the rumors are there

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I get it for $5 just to have a portable burnout game, other than the ones on PSP. The remaster is decent though, and offers a good amount of content, it may be worth it for those who didnt pick it up on PC or consoles.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's tin-foil hat tier stuff but iirc there've been rumors that the top brass at EA think a market without Nintendo or Nintendo being completely irrelevant is better for the rest of their prospects

I know those rumors are out there, but they don't make a lick of sense. Nintendo's games don't eat into EA's marketshare and the people whom are buying Animal Crossing ain't gonna jump over into Madden

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

It's easier and cheaper to kill a system by releasing no games on it.

This doesn't make any sense.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Unless I'm looking at the wrong places, the Xbox and PS4 versions launched at $40 USD...

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine paying 50 dollars for a game that was released in 2008. C'mon EA, I got the same remaster on PS4 for like 7 bucks last year.

$50 is way too steep if that's the NA store. I ain't spending that on a switch port. Especially not on a remaster. Spyro and crash trilogy were 39.99 on launch. And they each had 3 games.

EA really dropped the ball this gen with remasters I'd gladly pay 49.99 for. Dead space and mass effect trilogy. Bundled with the complete dlc.

I'll pass on this until a sale.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can expect it to be a staple of eShop sales. The inevitable "60% off!!!!" price is what it should have launched at. I'm very excited for it but even I have limits.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't blame EA. They are following the modus operandi of releasing old ports on switch. Considering how successful those were, would be stupid not to follow suit.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Never played this but I dumped almost 50 hours into Need for Speed: Most Wanted U, and from what I hear this is pretty similar gameplay-wise, so I'll probably pick this up.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
50 is absolute bullshit for Paradise at this point. Sure it'll be one of the better racing games on the system, but that's gonna be a no without a significant sale.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I played this game for countless hours on PS3 and got it on sale on PS4 for casual fun. I would have triple dipped on Switch for portability and probably would have put more time into it than the PS4, but definitely not at that price.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Unless I'm looking at the wrong places, the Xbox and PS4 versions launched at $40 USD...

Oh my god, you're right!

Burnout Paradise Remastered, an enhanced version of developer Criterion Games' classic open-world racing game, will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 16 for $39.99, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.

Source: Polygon

Edit:

From the same article, after Polygon pressed EA for a potential Switch version

"As for Switch, we have nothing to announce there," a representative told us regarding a potential Nintendo port.

Adding salt to injury in hindsight

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I think I have supported Burnout enough to be able to skip this one until it's 5$.

Enough is enough, if EA can't be bothered to remaster 2, 3 and 4 or even put them on the Xbox BC program, I can't spend 50 on this. No way.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
$50 for Burnout Paradise in the year two thousand and twenty?

iXplEwX.gif

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I think I have supported Burnout enough to be able to skip this one until it's 5$.

Enough is enough, if EA can't be bothered to remaster 2, 3 and 4 or even put them on the Xbox BC program, I can't spend 50 on this. No way.
The thing is, even on sale this won't reach $5. I think it'll easily hit $30, but I'd like it to get to $20 before I buy. I don't see it happening though.

OP
OP
RingRang

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I get the complaints about the price, but the Switch doesn't have a single open world racing game that even comes close to the quality of Burnout Paradise. This is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'll be ponying up the $50 for a physical copy.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
EA probably wants to sabotage it's sales to later use it as excuse to drop Switch support. This is a well known conspiracy theory from fans.

Fixed that. I promise you EA didn't dump resources into porting a 10 year old game as a strategy to not support the Nintendo Switch.