• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Prolly go the BB route too.

Also, from their site:

According to Best Buy policy, when you place your pre-order they'll authorize your form of payment with your bank, which results in a temporary authorization hold. After a few business days, the hold should be automatically released and the funds returned to your account. Shortly before release day as your order begins final processing for shipment or store pickup, they'll reauthorize your form of payment, resulting in another hold. Once your order ships or becomes ready for store pickup they'll then collect payment. Please note that pre-orders placed using PayPal are processed differently, and are charged immediately upon placing your pre-order.

Yup the beta client finished downloading a moment ago, so I went ahead and cancelled the Best Buy order and got an immediate email confirmation that it was cancelled. I do see the 'Pending' charge on my card now, but I'm sure that'll fall off just as outlined from the site in your reply above. Honestly a bit stunned how much smoother the Best Buy process went versus Amazon.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I got a code through here, all you have to do is Retweet, then you get an automated message, click on 'Oui' then the codes are sent to you.

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
Got a code through that tweet but it's xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx, which is one too many characters. What the heck

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I retweeted that French tweet but haven't gotten a message. How long did it take for everyone else to get it?

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ahh i fucked up and could have gave away a second code. Tried to redeem the second one for my Xbox and all it did was give me my PlayStation one again 🤷‍♂️

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Damn I'm getting a little annoyed, not getting a code from Amazon even after 45 minutes on chat with support. Trying twitter and ordering through best buy and still no code too.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
First match oof. Probably shouldn't play just after it went live. Fucking MLG Pros everywhere. Fuckers were tracking me perfectly through walls.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I hate when people say that CoD games are usually reskins of older games but damn Vanguard legitimately does feel like I'm just playing Modern Warfare with a WW2 skin. TTK seems like its just as fast as MW too which I don't like.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well footsteps are still damn near nonexistent from the alpha. What's the point in dead silence again?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah maybe they will have it next weekend. I can't do a low fov. Feels like you're moving in quick sand and can't see your surroundings well.

thought for sure Cold War had FOV in its beta

Cold War did but they seemed to imply that Consoles are only going to have it at launch and not these betas. They showed a screenshot of the PS5 version with it but showed the release date.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I can see Hotel Royal is Vanguard's equivalent to Piccadilly and Miami. Played a game of Patrol on it and it was just a miserable experience, teams were spawning right on top of enemies and just constant shots to the back.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Have they enabled any Dualsense support for this one? Seems unlikely if audio is somehow worse.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. I tried 6v6 for a few matches, and while I can kinda see what YTers were saying about the flow of maps feeling like older CoD, I still cannot stand MW mechanics. People can hate on CW all they want, I miss that arcadey movement.

I cannot get into how weighty MWs movement feels. Like it feels slow as molasses but hey look at how cool my animation is when I tac sprint! So realistic.

Footsteps are just awful and the sound design isn't great either. You get shot in this and it sounds like you're getting hit by airsoft guns lmao.

The experience was somewhat bearable with the radar perk though. With that equipped, the beta felt more like a traditional CoD than MW2019 could ever dare to dream.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
hmm redeemed the code on playstation site, and confirmed it, but I dont have any beta in my library to start a DL. And searching the open beta , just says it is unavailable for me, and nothing to click on to DL.

BEARHELLO

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get a code from retweeting. If anyone has an extra, let me know. Got it all figured out. Thanks, y'all!

Last edited:

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ahh i fucked up and could have gave away a second code. Tried to redeem the second one for my Xbox and all it did was give me my PlayStation one again 🤷‍♂️

I did the same thing, but I actually think it DID take. I refreshed the page, and when it took me back to the submit page, it then said "you have already redeemed an Xbox code" above where it said the same for my PS code. There was no code underneath the Xbox, but that makes sense cause those won't be distributed until next week.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I did the same thing, but I actually think it DID take. I refreshed the page, and when it took me back to the submit page, it then said "you have already redeemed an Xbox code" above where it said the same for my PS code. There was no code underneath the Xbox, but that makes sense cause those won't be distributed until next week.
Ahh i got that same message. Let's see what happens

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone have an Extra code from the tweet? I retweeted through the app and nothing happened.
I didn't get a code from retweeting. If anyone has an extra, let me know.

Just an FYI, the way it worked for me was a reply showed up in my notifications with a button, I clicked that and then it took me to a message in my DM's. Maybe they ran out, but I just want to make sure you didn't have to click on the button in the reply before it actually sent the DM, if you didn't already do that.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Just an FYI, the way it worked for me was a reply showed up in my notifications with a button, I clicked that and then it took me to a message in my DM's. Maybe they ran out, but I just want to make sure you didn't have to click on the button in the reply before it actually sent the DM, if you didn't already do that.
No notification or button

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
hmm redeemed the code on playstation site, and confirmed it, but I dont have any beta in my library to start a DL. And searching the open beta , just says it is unavailable for me, and nothing to click on to DL.

so where are people downloading this beta for ps5? I did the retweet like an hour ago, said "yes" got the codes, redeemed the code on the call of duty site. Got a ps5 code, redeemed that code on sony PS site, confirmed the beta, and now what? I have nothing in my library to DL, just the old vanguard alpha.

Edit: of course right after posting this, and refreshing the downloads page for the 20th time, it finally appears.

Nrober

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
Welp. I tried 6v6 for a few matches, and while I can kinda see what YTers were saying about the flow of maps feeling like older CoD, I still cannot stand MW mechanics. People can hate on CW all they want, I miss that arcadey movement.

I cannot get into how weighty MWs movement feels. Like it feels slow as molasses but hey look at how cool my animation is when I tac sprint! So realistic.

Footsteps are just awful and the sound design isn't great either. You get shot in this and it sounds like you're getting hit by airsoft guns lmao.

The experience was somewhat bearable with the radar perk though. With that equipped, the beta felt more like a traditional CoD than MW2019 could ever dare to dream.

Opinions can be funny things... I thought it felt a lot more 'run and gun-y' than I remember MW19 (a bad thing, IMO). In that if I ran off wildly sprinting I'd be dead in second, here its mostly fine to do. Can't say I've played cold war, but I also can't imagine the movement being any less floaty than it already is here. Will be a pass for me, MW19 the only COD in about a decade that's appealed and now it looks to me like they don't intend to repeat it, a crying shame.