• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
***MASSIVE JUJUTSU KAISEN SEASON 1 SPOILERS***

f8509a14925fc323c57481635734f353236c0da0.gifv

"I haven't shown you this one yet, have I?"

Coming off of Megumi getting his crazy on, Accomplices, the final episode of season 1 of the latest battle shonen hit from WSJ, Jujutsu Kaisen might be one of the best final episodes of a first anime season in a while. It doesn't end tying up loose ends from earlier in the season or ponderously setting up and foreshadowing future events to take place in the following season. No fucking way. It gives you some of the best action and moments of an already incredibly strong season all done to a killer song from the lead singer of Coldrain all synced up to the visuals to create an official AMV of sorts. This all in of itself made for a good finale but Nobara finally going fucking crazy to the point she's shaking these two cursed spirits who thought they had this in the bag to pulling off a Black Flash alongside our protagonist. Just a banger of a finale that really leaves you pumped and wanting that second season right fucking now!

e8fa0d92a2c3fe4bec05b36d38e45415a51a9db8.gifv

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I liked the fight with the clapping guy switching places more but this was cool how it was almost a music video.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
It was very cool, I just wish they'd done anything with her before that point.

It was such a huge shift from before it almost felt like the author realized it and was compensating.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I love how in the other 23 episodes she's this girly but still badass student who makes jokes and flirts with Maki and then out of nowhere she just goes full unhinged psycho for ep 24...a true queen

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I love how in the other 23 episodes she's this girly but still badass student who makes jokes and flirts with Maki and then out of nowhere she just goes full unhinged psycho for ep 24...a true queen

I feel like Nobara decided to fully devote herself to her ideal of "strength" after the conversation she had with Momo when they fought during the tournament. So now when she gets into a fight she doesn't hold back.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best season finales ever. Exhilarating. Love watching reaction vids of this episode.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
They made a fucking AMV out of it.

That part right before the double black flash, where the transitions between them are synced up to the music as they wind up for it? Whoever came up with that needs a raise.

If season 2 covers some of the upcoming material with that level of panache, it will be a treat

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The finale going full AMV was hilariously hype

It was very cool, I just wish they'd done anything with her before that point.

It was such a huge shift from before it almost felt like the author realized it and was compensating.

I mean there was that whole tournament arc lol

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
As amazing as that Coldrain sequence is, the one that follows afterward is also amazing.

The sakuga cut of Nobara knocking the nail into the straw doll with that upwards zooming camera angle and the fabrics of her clothes animated was great.

The poor dude, thinking he could get away.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I should probably give the anime a chance. I've been reading the Manga.
Probably on of the best anime adaptations I've ever seen. So yeah, if you enjoy the manga you should definitely give it a try.
I'd even go as far as say even if you don't like the manga you should give the anime a shot lol.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Having the last antagonist of the season be a weird chippendales dude sure was a choice lol

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
this was recommended to me when episode 1 came out. No expectations, but Todo and Itadori scene was eye opener.

Attack and this are my top anime right now

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Probably on of the best anime adaptations I've ever seen. So yeah, if you enjoy the manga you should definitely give it a try.
I'd even go as far as say even if you don't like the manga you should give the anime a shot lol.

Cool, thanks. Sometimes after you read a manga, it's cool to see how a scene ends up being animated Titan had a lot of moments like that.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dem fighting words friend cuz she aint even bestgirl in her own anime.
Maki stole Miwas sword and just dipped.
latest

She then fights her sister and catches a frikken bullet, a bullet she wasnt expecting.
In an anime with a shit ton of hype shit, this moment really stood out to me.
Maki for the win
latest

latest

latest
This is correct. Maki is the GOAT.

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dem fighting words friend cuz she aint even bestgirl in her own anime.
Maki stole Miwas sword and just dipped.
latest

She then fights her sister and catches a frikken bullet, a bullet she wasnt expecting.
In an anime with a shit ton of hype shit, this moment really stood out to me.
Maki for the win
latest

latest

latest

I won't say much but she remains pretty bad ass in the manga.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Memes often make media a whole lot less fun for me. Seeing something emotionally affecting, then you go on the internet and its a competition for who can make these scenes into funny image macros.

Oct 25, 2017
I try not to get hype over this because if there is ONE THING anime will do to a great female character...is make sure SHE NEVER PEAKS LIKE THIS AGAIN. So.....it was cute. I'm ready for the nerf next season when she never grows past this moment like her male counter parts, and left fighting ads instead of any main character or even have a huge impact in a fight against a main character that doesn't leave her almost dead, pretty much dead or unable to do anything herself that the actual protagonist of the show gets a hero boost due to her suffering. Oh Oh, my favorite is when she's always getting saved and her role is delgated to calling out the main characters name when he's in danger so he can wake up, because she forgot how to fight herself!

Yay!!

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2021-05-29_100343.png

That fight scene was awesome, made even better with Remember playing. One of the best songs of the soundtrack.

We shouldn't forget also the previous episode where Fushiguro goes full batshit insane when he activates his Domain Expansion. From serious to laughing like a madman.

Overall enjoyed it. Waiting for more Jujutsu Kaisen.