• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thread title says it all really.

E6RE-fIWYAUv78a.jpg:large

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah she's the best! What a time, finally getting the cover she damn well deserves!

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Not the biggest NBA fan but this is a nice thing. EA should do the same for FIFA actually.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
This is for the gamestop exclusive edition only btw.
So thread title kind of DOESN'T say it all.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Are they shipping different covers or is it reversable?

Edit: just answered in the post above, exclusive to Gamestop deluxe.

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't realise it was only the Gamestop edition, this tweet didn't mention that

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Yea this doesn't mean as much sadly when 99% of people won't be seeing this as their cover. :/

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Gamestop exclusive, there's always a catch,

I can see shitheads going somewhere to buy the game just to not have the one with her.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
What's with the GameStop edition? Is it literally just the standard edition with an exclusive cover or is that like a deluxe edition exclusive to GameStop?

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
Oh shit that's dope! I don't know anything about the nba, is it co-ed? I think some ufc game had a woman athlete too once (?) on the cover so it's nice to see what I'm assuming a more popular franchise taking this step.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I see her do post game shows on TNT. Isn't she retired? Shouldn't it be a current player?

D'oh well, this is still good.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

KingKunta

Nov 10, 2018
…Oh boy a lot of folks no nothing bout the nvm or basketball games here lol. Though this is much deserving, cadence is great analyst, person, and player. I'm happy for her, honestly.

I don't this cover will get much play though, sadly. People will just get their favorite player on the cover. Hopefully the WNBA gets more popularity in general though.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
The next-gen version of NBA 2K21 did some good stuff with the WNBA -- finally got the models looking good and gave them their own franchise mode. Hopefully, they build on it this year!

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Can you play WNBA teams in the game? If so, had no idea they added that, pretty sweet.

Last edited:

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Make it the default one, not the one the vast majority of people will never see because it's a retailer exclusive opt in thing.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I thought she played in LA. I say that not having watched a WNBA game in about 2 years.

Still, congrats to her.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
you only show one person on the cover of this yearly game. that's a pretty nice accomplishment.
Gamestop exclusive, there's always a catch,

I can see shitheads going somewhere to buy the game just to not have the one with her.
wait what? noooo. better than nothing but still killed the excitement i just had

Oct 26, 2018
you only show one person on the cover of this yearly game. that's a pretty nice accomplishment.

wait what? noooo. better than nothing but still killed the excitement i just had
Every yr there like 3 main covers and usually international covers for certain places. Like I believe demar derozan was on the cover In Canada once ,Dennis Schroeder for Germany, pau and Marc for Spain, etc.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to practice basketball (despite being quite short) and that is awesome!

Hopefully it will further pave the way further for more equality in sports.