• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Context about the ransomware attack:
www.resetera.com

Capcom: Update Regarding Data Security Incident Due to Unauthorized Access

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e201116.html Press Release: Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) announced that it has been the victim of a customized ransomware attack following unauthorized access to its network and has verified that some personal information maintained by the...

Summary:
  • Resident Evil Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
  • Monster Hunter Rise on PC releasing October 2021(?). Demos for Switch in January and March
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 on PC. Targeting June 2021 Switch/PC release. Single-player, online co-op and PvP modes. Paid DLC expansions, free post-launch co-op quests, cosmetic MTX, and amiibo support planned.
  • Source Code for DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
  • Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform. Sony paid $5 million USD for RE7 VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity.
  • The Misadventures of Tron Bonne source code
  • Street Fighter V concept art, models for Akiro, Daigo, and Rose
  • Resident Evil Village plot outline
  • Translation files for MH Stories 2 and Great Ace Attorney 1 and 2
  • DMC5 pachinko
  • Resident Evil Village cutscenes, character models
  • Resident Evil Village online mode. Will have a battle pass, free content updates and tie-in content with Resident Evil Revelations 3.
    Resident Evil Revelations 3, planned for September 2021 announcement and FY21 release.
  • New Ghosts 'n' Goblins title (Project Guillotine) for Switch February 25, PS4/XB1/PC June 1. 'Arcade Stadium' (Project Reiwa) for Switch February 18, other platforms ???
  • Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR. (Dusk Golem says this is separate from the RE4 remake project.)
  • New Shooter Multiplayer game codenamed "Shield" geared towards streamers. Real title is "Snappers"
  • Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 western localization confirmed for PS4/NSW/Steam. QOL additions like trophy support and case/chapter select menus. Dual audio for Japanese release, English audio for overseas release. $40 USD price. All DLC from 3DS version included at no additional charge. PS4/NSW physical in Japan, NSW physical in NA, no physical in PAL regions. April 2021 announcement, July 2021 release. AAT+DGS box set for JP only.
  • Ace Attorney 7 in development, originally targeted Q3 of FY 2021. AA4-6 ports under consideration, depend on the performance of other releases.
  • Resident Evil Outrage (Q4 FY21 for PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (Q2 FY22)
  • Street Fighter 6 (Q3 FY22), Super Street Fighter 6 (Q4 FY23), Ultra Street Fighter 6 (Q4 FY24)
  • Rockman Match (Q3 FY22)
  • New Onimusha game
  • Monster Hunter Rise G (details)
  • Monster Hunter 6 (Q2 FY23)
  • Biohazard Apocalypse (Q3 FY23)
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
  • Final Fight Remake (Q2 FY24)
  • Power Stone Remake (Q3 FY24)
  • Captain Commando
  • Resident Evil Hunk (Q4 FY24)

Capcom-slate-FY20-24-Copy.png

*Some info appears to be from older, pre-COVID-19 files or are for distant projects, plans are subject to change or cancellation

Staff post about discussing leaks related to ransomware attacks:
Official Staff Communication
To be clear we won't allow any posting of personal information, no linking to source code or anything else that might qualify as piracy; in fact let's be safe and say no links to any downloads at all. And no links to any shady sites where such things might be found.

But information, the fact that this has happened, is news. And news should be covered. That doesn't mean condoning hacking or leaking, but this is going to be reported on and pretending that it didn't happen isn't sensible. This isn't the first time that a hack or leak has produced news, and in both gaming and world news, that's always been fair game for discussion. Discussing the ethics of leaks is also fair game.

If you see any posts with inappropriate content please report it. Do not attack other members. Do not endorse criminal acts. Period. Thank you.

Last edited:

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
All right, back in business.

Hoping to hear something related to fighting games or Ace Attorney.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
All right, back in business.

Most of the fighting game stuff is probably not until 2022-2023 FY, so I wouldn't expect to hear much. Not to mention that a lion's share of the 1TB is likely stuff like emails, documents, & source code of older games.

Either way, it sucks that this happened.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Wonder what type of game something codenamed "GUILLOTINE" would be

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So they're actually localizing Great Ace Attorney? Or is the collection going to be Japan exclusive.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
It's nice to know that MH Stories 2 will release on PC at the same time as N/S

Staff Post

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this officially:
Official Staff Communication
To be clear we won't allow any posting of personal information, no linking to source code or anything else that might qualify as piracy; in fact let's be safe and say no links to any downloads at all. And no links to any shady sites where such things might be found.

But information, the fact that this has happened, is news. And news should be covered. That doesn't mean condoning hacking or leaking, but this is going to be reported on and pretending that it didn't happen isn't sensible. This isn't the first time that a hack or leak has produced news, and in both gaming and world news, that's always been fair game for discussion. Discussing the ethics of leaks is also fair game.

If you see any posts with inappropriate content please report it. Do not attack other members. Do not endorse criminal acts. Period. Thank you.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that if MH Rise PC is a thing, it's at least within the same month. Day one would be nice but with how long MH World's PC version took to come out...might be double dipping.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You could add the following points to the OP stealthyfrog :
  • MH Stories 2 coming to PC as well (it's only in the title thus far)
  • MH Rise PC presumably targeted for October 2021
  • MH Rise will presumably get 2 demos on Switch (January and March 2021)

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
I thought images on MHR was a bit too clean to be captured on Switch (hence ppl speculated Switch Pro simultaneous release).
Of course those may come from devkits, but if PC version is on the way then that makes more sense to me.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the fighting game stuff is probably not until 2022-2023 FY, so I wouldn't expect to hear much. Not to mention that a lion's share of the 1TB is likely stuff like emails, documents, & source code of older games.

Either way, it sucks that this happened.

Well, we know SFVI got significantly far in dev, there should be something about it...though yeah, it might be a reach.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The new AA Collection is Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 & 2 for reference. It's not 4-6 like we were expecting but this hopefully gives DGS a real shot at localization.

OP is missing that MH Stories 2 is also getting a PC release and both are targeting June 2021. Rise PC gets an 8 month delay (exactly like World PC).

Rise on PC???? Really????
That doesn't sound particularly crazy. Most of the high profile Switch third party exclusives are console-only exclusives and haven't precluded PC ports down the line. It's heavily expected that NMH3 will get one at some point as well, and given Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default II will likely join it after about a year as well.

The real question becomes whether or not that there will also be a delay on the inevitable G-rank expansion for Rise, which could have a pretty major impact on the sustainability of the PC version if they have to wait another year for that content, which would likely put it a lot closer to the release of the World sequel than I think players would be willing to put up with.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft/Sony gets World, Switch gets Rise and Stories
PC gets everything. Will doubledip someday on PC when a big sale happens.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wonder what was the "rush" game mentioned in the schedule... my hope is the codename of a new megaman collection =D

Wait Ace Attorney is coming back?

it is a compilation of old ones

and with the switch "failing the test" because people will wait to get rise on pc than i doubt we will see it in the west =/

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Code names are usually only vaguely related I think. Maybe the guillotine refers to 17/1800s setting. Or maybe it's taking down a king or some sort of royalty.

Exciting either way.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
People were saying that MH Rise PC is the 10th month of the FY, not the 10th month of the year.

those are old data though. like, 2018 data.
Also, this.

I thought images on MHR was a bit too clean to be captured on Switch (hence ppl speculated Switch Pro simultaneous release).
Of course those may come from devkits, but if PC version is on the way then that makes more sense to me.
The Rise stuff we have seen is Switch lol

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously an extremely devastating leak, but I'm curious as to if anything emerges about the development of MvC3 and UMvC3.

Much digital ink has been spilled about the reasons behind choosing certain characters over others. This has always been highly contentious for all fighting games, but is even moreso when an additional property like Marvel is involved (same with Smash, where many beloved properties are involved).

Are there "rules"? Is it as top-down as we thought it was? What was the original DLC plan for MvC3? We may finally know.

Also generally curious if Mahvel 4 is anywhere on the docket (if I'm understanding correctly, this leak isn't complete as people are still sifting through the data?).

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not harass the OP this time era.

More monster games coming to pc is amazing!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That doesn't sound particularly crazy. Most of the high profile Switch third party exclusives are console-only exclusives and haven't precluded PC ports down the line. It's heavily expected that NMH3 will get one at some point as well, and given Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default II will likely join it after about a year as well.

The real question becomes whether or not that there will also be a delay on the inevitable G-rank expansion for Rise, which could have a pretty major impact on the sustainability of the PC version if they have to wait another year for that content, which would likely put it a lot closer to the release of the World sequel than I think players would be willing to put up with.
I'm just assuming there is no way we'll get cross play between the two. So if it is indeed anything like World on PC, my friends are going to be split down the middle yet again!

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019

Rise is Oct. 2021, then? I said that in the previous thread, but someone replied to me saying it was 2022.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the previous thread, I wonder if a fanmade PC version of Umbrella Chronicles will appear in the next couple of years.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what was the "rush" game mentioned in the schedule... my hope is the codename of a new megaman collection =D

it is a compilation of old ones

and with the switch "failing the test" because people will wait to get rise on pc than i doubt we will see it in the west =/

when has this ever actually happened with any of these PC ports

Morisaki

Oct 29, 2017
If the leaked Capcom release schedule chart is to be believed, Guillotine only seems to be timed exclusive for Switch. There seems to be a release during May 20201 for Guillotine on platforms other than Switch.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Discussing the stuff that has already made it out there is fine, but I definitely don't think we should be hoping for more information to be released; I think the opposite would be best. We'll get information on Capcom's multiple fighting game projects when Capcom are ready to reveal them.

The OP says that Guillotine is a new IP though. If that isn't true, then I could definitely see it being the codename for Revelations 3, yeah.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
If capcom paid their 1.1 billion yen extorsion fee to keep this stuff private, what is stopping them from swindling capcom again in the near future?