• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey remember this little turd?

It's only been a few weeks since we lost a cat, and honestly I didn't feel I would be ready to bring a new one home for a while.

But then, last week, someone found this little baby in a dumpster, 10 minutes away from our house.

SgYQNNM.png

We decided to bring him in, even if it felt a bit too soon.

He was dirty and bloated with parasites. He also has a limp in one of his legs, just like the cat we lost.

We took him to the vet urgently and a week later he's already running all over the house, getting fat and playing with one of the other cats.

Ln1d4zs.png

So... yeah. Say hi to Shaun.

I'm happy to report he's healthy, chubby, and also a total asshole.

2IvjJGv.png

But he gets along with the other cats too.

8tJYnPE.png

4CUh5su.png

Just look at this smug asshole.

Also his limp went away after a while. Whatever it was, looks like it healed naturally.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Try adding a little water to his canned food and then mixing it all together so that it isn't just water and then food separate. Try different types and sizes of water dishes, my cats don't like fountains and like smaller but deeper water dishes as opposed to big ones. If he shows and interest in the sink, turn the water on a little bit and see if he will play in it, playing in it usually leads to drinking it.

Tried mixing his food and water, and it seems like it worked! Gonna keep him on a urinary formula diet for now, but I'm definitely revisiting this approach, when the vet says he's in the clear. Thanks a mill!

Wish he would cooperate with drinking water though haha.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
you can tell the personality of my cats.

you move one bed from a spot he always sleep in. when finds out its been move he mopes around.
the other cat you move his bed, hes like whatever.

also have you ever watched a cat jump? like my cat jumped up to the desk and before landing his body almost like hovers in the air for a brief second.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
My best buddy Skeeter has been missing in action for about 36 hours. Typically he is running to great me as soon as I get home from work. Anyone have any uplifting stories of cats coming back?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
My best buddy Skeeter has been missing in action for about 36 hours. Typically he is running to great me as soon as I get home from work. Anyone have any uplifting stories of cats coming back?
mine is a work cat. he left for 2 weeks. i would leave water and food outside. it would always disappear. i didn't know it was him or another stray cat.
after the 2nd week or so i heard meowing when i was going inside. i walked around and he came out.

Oct 26, 2017
It's been forever since I've posted any pictures of fosters. We're finally moving in a month, so I figured I would post since this batch of 4 are going to be our last for a while until we're settled.

These four girls came to us at a decent age and were already eating hard food. The rescue we work with is so jam packed right now (45 cats), and these 4 did not like people, so we took them specifically so we could dedicate time to getting them friendly. They were quite hissy, and were big scaredy cats. Today is day 14 with them, and they'll leave us this coming Monday.

Their first night
The-Carrier.jpg

Few days in. They loved to hide and sleep under this desk/table.
2.jpg

This one was brave within a day or two
One.jpg

And two weeks later---I think they're ready!
Goofball3.jpg

Wrasslin.jpg

20210623-105005.jpg

My wife took this tonight. My dog was not amused that his steps were blocked:
Resized-20210623-185510.jpg

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Last year one of my cats ran away when she was only six months old, during the winter. We found her safe and sound running on the roofs a block away from home, 16 days later.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's been forever since I've posted any pictures of fosters. We're finally moving in a month, so I figured I would post since this batch of 4 are going to be our last for a while until we're settled.

These four girls came to us at a decent age and were already eating hard food. The rescue we work with is so jam packed right now (45 cats), and these 4 did not like people, so we took them specifically so we could dedicate time to getting them friendly. They were quite hissy, and were big scaredy cats. Today is day 14 with them, and they'll leave us this coming Monday.

Their first night
The-Carrier.jpg

Few days in. They loved to hide and sleep under this desk/table.
2.jpg

This one was brave within a day or two
One.jpg

And two weeks later---I think they're ready!
Goofball3.jpg

Wrasslin.jpg

20210623-105005.jpg

My wife took this tonight. My dog was not amused that his steps were blocked:
Resized-20210623-185510.jpg

This is all so, so wonderful <3. The ones we're currently fostering (plus their mom) are all entirely black so they're much harder to tell apart (except for one that's slightly lighter and has barely visible stripes).

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
mine is a work cat. he left for 2 weeks. i would leave water and food outside. it would always disappear. i didn't know it was him or another stray cat.
after the 2nd week or so i heard meowing when i was going inside. i walked around and he came out.

Good to hear! We did put food outside, as I read on some article that claimed they can smell it and know to come back. The levels haven't moved yet, but he never ate a lot of dry food anyway.

Last year one of my cats ran away when she was only six months old, during the winter. We found her safe and sound running on the roofs a block away from home, 16 days later.

Crazy. This is what I'm hoping for at the moment. Been walking the block for an hour or two each night looking, may start checking with neighbors and making sure he didn't end up locked in a shed or something.

Thanks guys!

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear! We did put food outside, as I read on some article that claimed they can smell it and know to come back. The levels haven't moved yet, but he never ate a lot of dry food anyway.

Crazy. This is what I'm hoping for at the moment. Been walking the block for an hour or two each night looking, may start checking with neighbors and making sure he didn't end up locked in a shed or something.

Thanks guys!

One of our cats went missing for 4 days a few years back, we did all the litter outside, checking sheds etc, got professional posters done as part of our pet insurance, then while we were out putting up the posters we found him "stuck" on the roof of a garage a couple of blocks away.

I say "stuck" because having had a look around, there was an easy way for him to get down on the other side of the roof, but no, I had to climb a wall and lift him off myself.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
One of our cats went missing for 4 days a few years back, we did all the litter outside, checking sheds etc, got professional posters done as part of our pet insurance, then while we were out putting up the posters we found him "stuck" on the roof of a garage a couple of blocks away.

I say "stuck" because having had a look around, there was an easy way for him to get down on the other side of the roof, but no, I had to climb a wall and lift him off myself.

Yep, this is something I frequently had to do with him also, but thankfully on our roof and not on a neighbors down the road. He could get himself up easily but never down!

Well, good news update, I reached out to a few neighbors just to keep an eye out and check their garden sheds in case he got stuck. Right in the middle of my fiancee crying while searching for updates on his chip number he came howling at the front door. We let him in and he immediately drank a ton of water and ate.

Our nextdoor neighbor called me apologizing profusely, saying that Skeeter has been unknowingly stuck inside his house all week. He remembers having his door open early one morning to let some cool air in and found our cat in his kitchen. Skeeter ran away and the neighbor assumed he went back out the front door. Turns out he ended up down a hallway and into a rarely used spare room and trapped himself under a dresser. It was fully enclosed from the front so they never would have seen him, but after my text he searched a little deeper behind it and saw his hair sticking out. He didn't pee or poop as far as the neighbor could tell, and definitely didn't meow, just needed an almost four day nap. Temps have been over 100 fahrenheit here so I'm glad he was at least inside, but we definitely weren't expecting that outcome.

Appreciate all the reassuring posts!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news Bend, cats can be crazy like that. When Taika escaped we were so worried that he'd ran several blocks away after our greyhound chased him, but we discovered via security cameras shortly after that he was nearby and managed to lure him inside.

Condensation forms when one side of a piece of glass is significantly different in temperature to the other.

Example 1, a cold glass of water:
8dVyMmIl.jpg

Example 2, Taika indoors on a cold morning:
rhD9oCjl.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Yep, this is something I frequently had to do with him also, but thankfully on our roof and not on a neighbors down the road. He could get himself up easily but never down!

Well, good news update, I reached out to a few neighbors just to keep an eye out and check their garden sheds in case he got stuck. Right in the middle of my fiancee crying while searching for updates on his chip number he came howling at the front door. We let him in and he immediately drank a ton of water and ate.

Our nextdoor neighbor called me apologizing profusely, saying that Skeeter has been unknowingly stuck inside his house all week. He remembers having his door open early one morning to let some cool air in and found our cat in his kitchen. Skeeter ran away and the neighbor assumed he went back out the front door. Turns out he ended up down a hallway and into a rarely used spare room and trapped himself under a dresser. It was fully enclosed from the front so they never would have seen him, but after my text he searched a little deeper behind it and saw his hair sticking out. He didn't pee or poop as far as the neighbor could tell, and definitely didn't meow, just needed an almost four day nap. Temps have been over 100 fahrenheit here so I'm glad he was at least inside, but we definitely weren't expecting that outcome.

Appreciate all the reassuring posts!

I just read this; it's wonderful he came back already! I was expecting a high likelyhood that he'd come back eventually, but the sooner the better. :)

That's great news Bend, cats can be crazy like that. When Taika escaped we were so worried that he'd ran several blocks away after our greyhound chased him, but we discovered via security cameras shortly after that he was nearby and managed to lure him inside.

Condensation forms when one side of a piece of glass is significantly different in temperature to the other.

Example 1, a cold glass of water:
8dVyMmIl.jpg

Example 2, Taika indoors on a cold morning:
rhD9oCjl.jpg

Hahah, with how much cats dislike cold, it's interesting that he's staying that close to a presumably cold window. Is there a heating source nearby or something?

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Need some recommendations here. There is a kitten that has been hanging around my sister's house the past couple days. It's been hiding in car engines when people come up, we spent two hours trying to coax it out of my sister's car Saturday, only for it to run right to a neighbor's car before we could catch it. Today, my sister actually ended up driving to work with it in her engine. Luckily, it sounds unharmed. It'll come up if food is left out, but if it even sees a person it runs to the nearest car. We have carrier boxes, but timing it to trap it in one seems like it will be absurdly challenging because of that. Getting one of those cages that trap automatically is out too. The neighborhood has way too many skunks and racoons for that to be safe on our end.

Anyone have any suggestions? It's only a matter of time before this kitten's luck runs out and I'd rather not have that happen. Plus it looks malnourished and young enough that it should still be looked after by its mother. I don't think it will last long on its own even if a car doesn't get it.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Need some recommendations here. There is a kitten that has been hanging around my sister's house the past couple days. It's been hiding in car engines when people come up, we spent two hours trying to coax it out of my sister's car Saturday, only for it to run right to a neighbor's car before we could catch it. Today, my sister actually ended up driving to work with it in her engine. Luckily, it sounds unharmed. It'll come up if food is left out, but if it even sees a person it runs to the nearest car. We have carrier boxes, but timing it to trap it in one seems like it will be absurdly challenging because of that. Getting one of those cages that trap automatically is out too. The neighborhood has way too many skunks and racoons for that to be safe on our end.

Anyone have any suggestions? It's only a matter of time before this kitten's luck runs out and I'd rather not have that happen. Plus it looks malnourished and young enough that it should still be looked after by its mother. I don't think it will last long on its own even if a car doesn't get it.

You need to contact a TNR association if possible, they will likely use either an automatic / pedal trap or a remote triggered one in combination with smelly food, etc. to trap it.

If not, standard TNR techniques may help. Kitten Lady as always has great videos on it:
www.youtube.com

If You See Cats Outside...WATCH THIS!

Kittens like Flapjack and Butter are suffering on the streets, but it doesn't have to be that way. In this video, I'll tell you their story, and show you how...
www.youtube.com

Trap-Neuter-Return FAQ!

Talking TNR with Kitten Lady and the Cat Man of West Oakland!Follow us at @kittenxlady and @catmanofwestoakland!Video edited by Adam MyattCheck out my instru...
www.youtube.com

How to Trap a Feral Cat for TNR

Trap-Neuter-Return is the tried and true method for humanely managing cat populations. Care about kittens? Me too! TNR is one of the best ways to prevent kit...
There's really no easy way to capture a feral cat that's afraid of humans without a trap. Is the issue with skunks and raccoons that you can't leave the trap unattended, or they're really so numerous they would spring the trap in minutes even if you're around?

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
You need to contact a TNR association if possible, they will likely use either an automatic / pedal trap or a remote triggered one in combination with smelly food, etc. to trap it.

If not, standard TNR techniques may help. Kitten Lady as always has great videos on it:
www.youtube.com

If You See Cats Outside...WATCH THIS!

Kittens like Flapjack and Butter are suffering on the streets, but it doesn't have to be that way. In this video, I'll tell you their story, and show you how...
www.youtube.com

Trap-Neuter-Return FAQ!

Talking TNR with Kitten Lady and the Cat Man of West Oakland!Follow us at @kittenxlady and @catmanofwestoakland!Video edited by Adam MyattCheck out my instru...
www.youtube.com

How to Trap a Feral Cat for TNR

Trap-Neuter-Return is the tried and true method for humanely managing cat populations. Care about kittens? Me too! TNR is one of the best ways to prevent kit...
There's really no easy way to capture a feral cat that's afraid of humans without a trap. Is the issue with skunks and raccoons that you can't leave the trap unattended, or they're really so numerous they would spring the trap in minutes even if you're around?
I only included the dangerous ones in my post, we have squirrels and rabbits galore too. That trap would probably be sprung in minutes.

I'm hoping it will be comfortable enough if my sister keeps feeding it for is to get it. I'll watch the videos as well. Thank you!

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Amazing news! My mom and sister finally managed to get the kitten . Once my sister realized she drove to work with them in her engine, she had my Mom drive her home and they came back with a carrier. Poor thing must be too tired or weak to try and fight back because it went without too much of a fight.

It's at home now and being given food and water, with vet visit in a few days. Current cat is very curious about this new thing that's meowing a lot. I'll make sure to post some pictures later because this cat is adorable.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Amazing news! My mom and sister finally managed to get the kitten . Once my sister realized she drove to work with them in her engine, she had my Mom drive her home and they came back with a carrier. Poor thing must be too tired or weak to try and fight back because it went without too much of a fight.

It's at home now and being given food and water, with vet visit in a few days. Current cat is very curious about this new thing that's meowing a lot. I'll make sure to post some pictures later because this cat is adorable.

Aw, poor thing. Very glad you managed to get it without traps! My SO rescued a really malnourished one a couple days ago which seems to have wandered off from its colony; much like yours, she was so weak that she was easily caught (she's recuperating well now).

I'm assuming you're keeping your current cat separate from the kitten? You should quarantine the latter until it gets a full vet checkup, in case the kitten has e.g. parasites (really common in street cats).

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Aw, poor thing. Very glad you managed to get it without traps! My SO rescued a really malnourished one a couple days ago which seems to have wandered off from its colony; much like yours, she was so weak that she was easily caught (she's recuperating well now).

I'm assuming you're keeping your current cat separate from the kitten? You should quarantine the latter until it gets a full vet checkup, in case the kitten has e.g. parasites (really common in street cats).
Thanks for mentioning the quarantine thing. We are keeping the kitten in a large kennel for now, so the two can see each other, but can't touch. I'll put the kitten in a room we don't use too often until we can get it to the vet.

As mentioned a picture of the little fella. Perspective makes this thing seem bigger than it is, it's probably no bigger than my hand.

PiWcN9b.jpg

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Spot Flea treatment has got to be the most annoying part of pet ownership. It never goes on all at once and the second application is never as clean as the first, ugh.

Thankfully Jen isn't an outdoor boy or I'd be tempted to give him a second application in two weeks.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ugh. So my cat threw up this morning quite a lot of her stomach contents -- no hair ball, mostly bile. A couple hours later, she ate a little bit, and then threw up that. And then a little after that she threw up a little bit of bile but didn't have much left in her stomach.

My cat's a fluffy ragdoll so she typically gets hairballs somewhat frequently, but it's a bit worrisome that she's just throwing up. My girlfriend and I are hoping she's just working through a big hairball or is feeling a little nauseous from a bug, but we're not sure what's wrong and feeling pretty anxious. Has anyone encountered something like this? At one point do we just take her to the vet?

Last edited:

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. So my cat threw up this morning quite a lot of her stomach contents -- no hair ball, mostly bile. A couple hours later, she ate a little bit, and then threw up that. And then a little after that she threw up a little bit of bile but didn't have much left in her stomach.

My cat's a fluffy ragdoll so she typically gets hairballs somewhat frequently, but it's a bit worrisome that she's just throwing up. My girlfriend and I are hoping she's just working through a big hairball or is feeling a little nauseous from a bug, but we're not sure what's wrong and feeling pretty anxious. Has anyone encountered something like this? At one point do we just take her to the vet?
Dunno how old your cat is, but when my cat was about a year old, she developed some food allergies or her existing unknown allergies got worse - she started to throw up food with only bile all the time with no hairballs. I tried a ton of different food which is also hard on their stomachs switching foods which made the situation even worse. I did find one food that was a life saver, but the wet version was put on hold during Covid and is supposedly going back into production in July - it is Hill's Prescription Biome Digestive Care and in the meantime I have been using the dry food Biome version along with some other wet food. My girl goes crazy for the dry food variant (I use it as treats too, she ignores her other healthy treats now...) and it helps her keep her food down without any stool issues. If it is a food allergy, your cat's stool will also likely be loose and malformed but not quite diarrhea.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dunno how old your cat is, but when my cat was about a year old, she developed some food allergies or her existing unknown allergies got worse - she started to throw up food with only bile all the time with no hairballs. I tried a ton of different food which is also hard on their stomachs switching foods which made the situation even worse. I did find one food that was a life saver, but the wet version was put on hold during Covid and is supposedly going back into production in July - it is Hill's Prescription Biome Digestive Care and in the meantime I have been using the dry food Biome version along with some other wet food. My girl goes crazy for the dry food variant (I use it as treats too, she ignores her other healthy treats now...) and it helps her keep her food down without any stool issues. If it is a food allergy, your cat's stool will also likely be loose and malformed but not quite diarrhea.

My cat's about 7-8 years old. She used to have some urinary tract issues so we sadly no longer give her dry food since apparently it exacerbated it. She's a pretty picky eater so we have a rotation of about 4-5 foods, but we've never considered the current issue could be food allergy related. Hmm. Well next time she goes potty, I'll keep a close eye on her stools. We're currently giving her the Hills Urinary Diet, but the Biome digestive care might be in her future as well lol. Thanks for the response!

Oct 26, 2017
Two new fosters came in last night; last two before we move. They were anemic, covered in fleas, infested with worms, and one had really goopy eyes. The orange one is very hissy, but they're a pretty adorable pair---the orange one is clearly older than the other. They must have met somewhere outside and decided to stick together. When we had the small one out and was giving eye drops, the orange one started meowing up a storm. Thought he wanted attention so I went to him and he hissed and ran away. I stepped away, he went back to meowing, and we realized he was looking for his friend. We finished the drops and gave her back, and he ran to her side and got quiet.

First picture on arrival:
20210701-174451.jpg

Today photos:
20210702-131103.jpg

20210702-171443.jpg

They're gonna need some love.

This is all so, so wonderful <3. The ones we're currently fostering (plus their mom) are all entirely black so they're much harder to tell apart (except for one that's slightly lighter and has barely visible stripes).
I felt bad that I couldn't tell two of our recent kittens apart....My wife constantly quizzed me and I guess there was some tiny orange/brown speck on one of their backs? I think she was making it all up.

Thanks for mentioning the quarantine thing. We are keeping the kitten in a large kennel for now, so the two can see each other, but can't touch. I'll put the kitten in a room we don't use too often until we can get it to the vet.

As mentioned a picture of the little fella. Perspective makes this thing seem bigger than it is, it's probably no bigger than my hand.

PiWcN9b.jpg
Now that is a cute kitten. Got a name yet?

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Two new fosters came in last night; last two before we move. They were anemic, covered in fleas, infested with worms, and one had really goopy eyes. The orange one is very hissy, but they're a pretty adorable pair---the orange one is clearly older than the other. They must have met somewhere outside and decided to stick together. When we had the small one out and was giving eye drops, the orange one started meowing up a storm. Thought he wanted attention so I went to him and he hissed and ran away. I stepped away, he went back to meowing, and we realized he was looking for his friend. We finished the drops and gave her back, and he ran to her side and got quiet.

20210701-174451.jpg

Today photos:
20210702-131103.jpg

20210702-171443.jpg

This is wonderful, thanks for sharing. <3 Keep us posted with developments.

I felt bad that I couldn't tell two of our recent kittens apart....My wife constantly quizzed me and I guess there was some tiny orange/brown speck on one of their backs? I think she was making it all up.

Hahah, that sounds like something my own SO would do too. :D

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
In good new, former feral kitten is now all over us in about two minutes of walking into their room.

20210701-174451.jpg

Today photos:
20210702-131103.jpg

20210702-171443.jpg

Now that is a cute kitten. Got a name yet?
Temporary name is Loki, cause it's a tricky bastard. We aren't even 100% on the sex yet, so the final name is waiting until then.

Last edited:

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

One of my Cats got a really bad UTI so we put all my cats on the Hills prescription dry and wet. Shockingly they love it. They are all picky as hell so that surprised me. I'm going to look into Biome. Thanks for the suggestion!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i had to move a bed off my desk so i can work for a bit. put them on the other side of my office. instead of going to the bed he goes into the carrier.

pEb9SV4.jpg

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm curious: I grew up in a family of cat lovers and have had several in my own home over the last three decades, and to a one they've all scampered for cover during thunderstorms or heavy rain.

Except one, that is. My rescue cat Ruby, who's been with me for ten years, l-o-v-e-s to sit on my screened front porch during a thunderstorm. She curls up in a (usually) dry spot and watches the rain come down for as long as I'll let her. I keep an eye on her, and I'll bring her in if the wind or lightning gets too extreme, of course, but left to her own devices, she's quite happy to watch the rain.

Sometimes when I sit out there with her, I wonder what's going through that little noggin of hers. Does some part of her crave the wildness, though from the safety of the elements? Is she waiting for me to come rescue her and take her inside? I don't know, but she's my brave cat and, like I said, the only one I've had who enjoys a good storm.

Does anyone else have a cat who loves crazy weather?

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Our three foster kitties are now nine weeks old, over 2 pounds, and ready for adoption. All three are amazing and cuddly and just the cutest little things I've ever seen. It's going to hurt to give them up if/when they get picked to join a new family. We're bringing them to an adoption event on Sunday, and we're hoping for the best!

Here they are in all their glory.
rITf15A.jpeg

They're all polydactyls, and the black one actually has seven little toes on one of his paws.

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for getting rid of fleas with my cat? Gave her OTC topical med last week and have been combing out fleas every day (with warm water and dish soap) My mistake for not keeping her up to date on her meds.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Any tips for getting rid of fleas with my cat? Gave her OTC topical med last week and have been combing out fleas every day (with warm water and dish soap) My mistake for not keeping her up to date on her meds.

Don't use dish soap on a cat. Water and soap aren't going to do anything against fleas anyway. How old is her? If she's an adult just use a standard cat flea pipette and it should take care of them.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
You'll also need to gather up any fabrics the cat spent time with/in because the fleas can live on there for a while. Just a simple hot wash and hot dry should kill them off.
I believe my wife has used dish soap & warm water, but getting a decent flea soap can go a long way. Just keep it all below the neck. Combing through and catching the live ones can be a pain, but you gotta get all the ones you can find. It can be quite laborious.

Oct 27, 2017
I never heard of that remedy, but in either case it most likely won't kill the eggs so it's at best an incomplete solution. I would take her to the vet, especially because flea bites may transmit other parasites that may need to be removed.
That's the thing since I've already given her a topical flea med my vet said they wouldn't see her until a month had passed. Said all they'd do is give her a topical med like that

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Paging Dr. Weltall Zero (or anyone else that can answer): my new girl arrived Friday night, and I've completely forgotten how to feed kittens. She's approximately 16 weeks old, should I still keep her on kitten food, 3 times a day?

Also, I need help introducing her to my first cat (3 year old male). She's currently in 20 day quarantine, to make sure her previously-diagnosed ringworm cleared completely; but just to see what I'm in for, I showed her to my first cat, from a distance, and he began to hiss and growl (never seen him do that, but it has been a while since he has been near other cats).

Any advice how to introduce the two when her quarantine is up?

Oct 27, 2017
You'll also need to gather up any fabrics the cat spent time with/in because the fleas can live on there for a while. Just a simple hot wash and hot dry should kill them off.
I believe my wife has used dish soap & warm water, but getting a decent flea soap can go a long way. Just keep it all below the neck. Combing through and catching the live ones can be a pain, but you gotta get all the ones you can find. It can be quite laborious.
Is it dangerous to give the cat a flea bath or use flea soap to comb out fleas if she's had a topical medication 2 weeks ago?

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Is it dangerous to give the cat a flea bath or use flea soap to comb out fleas if she's had a topical medication 2 weeks ago?
sorry, that I'm not sure of, but I'll see if she can provide an answer for me. A quick search suggests that you should be able to do a flea bath after 2 days of topical treatment, as it should be absorbed in the skin by then. But... I'd wait for someone a bit more knowledgeable than I on this one. :)
Aside from the flea bath, though, definitely get those fleas off of her whenever you see them crawling. It can be a pain if her fur isn't wet, but not too bad. Just be gentle with the flea comb.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Paging Dr. Weltall Zero (or anyone else that can answer): my new girl arrived Friday night, and I've completely forgotten how to feed kittens. She's approximately 16 weeks old, should I still keep her on kitten food, 3 times a day?

Also, I need help introducing her to my first cat (3 year old male). She's currently in 20 day quarantine, to make sure her previously-diagnosed ringworm cleared completely; but just to see what I'm in for, I showed her to my first cat, from a distance, and he began to hiss and growl (never seen him do that, but it has been a while since he has been near other cats).

Any advice how to introduce the two when her quarantine is up?

Theres great videos on YouTube and don't rush it. Every situation is different and use patience. Took my first cat a day to get used to the other cat. They took to each other right away. My newest cat took 5-6 months with the other two. That was a struggle and now they are all cool with each other. Not sure if the other two like the newest cat all that much but they accept each other and respect their own boundaries. My issue was the new cat kept attacking the other two cats any chance he got. Which was because he was scared we realized and just let the process happen. Lots and lots of patience and we almost gave up at one point but we kept at it.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Theres great videos on YouTube and don't rush it. Every situation is different and use patience. Took my first cat a day to get used to the other cat. They took to each other right away. My newest cat took 5-6 months with the other two. That was a struggle and now they are all cool with each other. Not sure if the other two like the newest cat all that much but they accept each other and respect their own boundaries. My issue was the new cat kept attacking the other two cats any chance he got. Which was because he was scared we realized and just let the process happen. Lots and lots of patience and we almost gave up at one point but we kept at it.

Thanks, this is important for me to hear. I wanted to get them introduced as soon as possible, but this really isn't a thing that can be forced; also doesn't help that their personalities are a little different (he's lazy, and she's super energetic).

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, this is important for me to hear. I wanted to get them introduced as soon as possible, but this really isn't a thing that can be forced; also doesn't help that their personalities are a little different (he's lazy, and she's super energetic).

What I also did was go to Home Depot and buy 3 6-7 foot shelf racks and use plastic twisty to combine them and for 30 bucks you have a cat proof gate. It was the most important tool for us and worked perfectly.