• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Oh and completely forgot to ask this

WTF is up with granma?? That was creepy as shit!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Still no new episode? Is the show on break?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they keep coming back to the VR stuff, it's so fucking silly and awkward.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it (it's out in US on paramount+ already). Fantastic episode. This is honestly my favorite show on TV right now.

Oct 25, 2017
At the beginning of the episode when they're walking to the crypt, Kristen sees this younger, bearded monk, and the two of them exchange looks of mutual recognition and surprise. Who the hell is it? I can only assume it's a character we've met before, but for the life of me I can't remember them.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
At the beginning of the episode when they're walking to the crypt, Kristen sees this younger, bearded monk, and the two of them exchange looks of mutual recognition and surprise. Who the hell is it? I can only assume it's a character we've met before, but for the life of me I can't remember them.
My wife and I thought the same but neither of us can remember, either. Perhaps it was just the surprised look he gave her because she's a woman?

Also - I really missed this show. Hopefully there's no more big breaks until the end of the season.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's just that dudes have never seen a woman like her before. The joke-flash she does was hilarious

Also this is easily one of the best episodes, if not the best episode of the series. So well done with really nothing much said. I enjoyed the wacky chemistry between Kristen and Fenna.
The mystery was pretty good, but they never quite answered the main mystery of Stigmata and Father Thomas' preserved body.

The best part was David trying to focus in the pews section and his mind just drifting, and the text scrolling by was too funny.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I was worried about how they would be able to pull off a whole episode without speaking but this ep was great

The bit with David was amazing!

Deleted member 59

Never heard of this show, but saw the thread this morning. Trailer looks great, and anything with Michael Emerson in gets my attention.

All of the first season is available as a boxset via my cable tv provider in UK so I'll start that tonight, and second season starts airing here next week, looking forward to this!

Wikipedia says it's already been renewed for a third season which is great considering how quickly shows get cancelled nowadays.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Never heard of this show, but saw the thread this morning. Trailer looks great, and anything with Michael Emerson in gets my attention.

All of the first season is available as a boxset via my cable tv provider in UK so I'll start that tonight, and second season starts airing here next week, looking forward to this!

Wikipedia says it's already been renewed for a third season which is great considering how quickly shows get cancelled nowadays.
Yesss we need more viewers. S1 is pretty good, but S2 is so much better in every way.

The only thing the show suffers from is the VR/AR/hacking/gaming schlock. Lol.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yesss we need more viewers. S1 is pretty good, but S2 is so much better in every way.

I actually preferred the semi serious tone in season one more but I can't fault them for going full cheese in season two. I also wish they'd concentrate a little more on the over arching plot (ala season 1) than monster of the week. All that said I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. The show is great fun and the creators embrace weird as well as anyone in television

Deleted member 59

[

I'm half way through season 1, it's rather good but I'm disappointed that (so far at least) it's pretty much mostly "yup this is fake, science and psychology disproves it" etc.

I'm liking the characters and Michael Emerson especially is getting time to shine. Seems like he's having a great time in this role.

I didn't mind the AR episode tbh, won't mind if it's utilised again as long as it's minimal.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
This week seemed to get back to the core storyline. It pretty much dropped the humor from the last few episodes and is just played straight

What was with Kristen burning herself with the cross at the end? Is it to punish herself for killing Orson? And I don't get why she's even lighting it on the stove given that it "burned" her hand when she placed it on it at the end of last season. So she should just be able to press it against her skin.

And what was with that goo that formed from under her bed while she was having sex? It didn't seem like a dream, but there's also no evidence of it happening after that sequence. There's no holes in the house, and the counter that it burned through is completely intact when Kristen is standing by it at the end.

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This week seemed to get back to the core storyline. It pretty much dropped the humor from the last few episodes and is just played straight

What was with Kristen burning herself with the cross at the end? Is it to punish herself for killing Orson? And I don't get why she's even lighting it on the stove given that it "burned" her hand when she placed it on it at the end of last season. So she should just be able to press it against her skin.

And what was with that goo that formed from under her bed while she was having sex? It didn't seem like a dream, but there's also no evidence of it happening after that sequence. There's no holes in the house, and the counter that it burned through is completely intact when Kristen is standing by it at the end.
I really liked the episode and I also like that it was moe serious this time around.

Regarding the cross, didn't Ben say in one of the first episodes of S2 that it was the material of the cross that caused a rash? Maybe it has been cleaned since then or something so it no longer causes the rash.

As for the second part: I have no idea what that goo was and have to admit I forgot it by the end of the episode since it didn't have any effect. Maybe just be blunt and take it as a Christin being more "toxic" and "dangerous", quite literally? But I have no idea.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
This show is so weird. I thought the last episode was great but I don't even know what they are doing anymore. A lot of the scenes almost seem random with very little connecting them.

jimmytutron

Oct 27, 2017
Just binged through all of season 1 and am caught up with s2 now, I LOVE this show wow

I really liked the episode and I also like that it was moe serious this time around.

Regarding the cross, didn't Ben say in one of the first episodes of S2 that it was the material of the cross that caused a rash? Maybe it has been cleaned since then or something so it no longer causes the rash.

As for the second part: I have no idea what that goo was and have to admit I forgot it by the end of the episode since it didn't have any effect. Maybe just be blunt and take it as a Christin being more "toxic" and "dangerous", quite literally? But I have no idea.

The cross burned her in ep1 cause it's made from a highly inductive metal (forgot the name) and was next to the curling iron in the drawer which one of the girls probs just used so it was still hot.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Like I didn't mind this originally but Kristin is such an awful unlikeable person and its glaringly bad.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up.

I really like Silence episode and justifies the CBS ALL ACCESS changed

Fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck Kristen

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see that we seem to being going back to the clinic plot... only four more eps left though.

Hope we get some answers

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Catching up! The episode before last week with the Helmet.

I was surprised to see more of Ben's story playing out and it was a nice addition. He is the most interesting personality on the show if you ask me. As a note, when the helmet takes him back to Vijaypur (his ancestral town), and he sees women walking about with backward feet, it is a very ubiquitous monster myth in India about random women (mostly sex workers in rural areas) can possibly be Churails. Or, a witch with backward feet.

According to the poem Lalla Radha and The Churel, she takes the form of a lovely woman with alluring eyes but her appearance is marred by her backward turned feet.
She is sometimes described as having a white front and a black back but she invariably has her feet turned backward and sometimes, she roams naked

Churel - Wikipedia

Have no clue what's going on with Kristen lol. Wtfff.
Where can I stream this in the Netherlands?
Is Paramount+ not available in your region?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I really really want to like this show but the direction they've taken it in season 2 has me so confused. Feels like even the writers don't have a clue where this is all going and are just throwing shit at the wall. One episode Krysten is happy she murdered the psycho threatening her family, the next she's feeling guilty and confessing to cops, and then poof that arc is gone for the most part as if nothing happened the following episode. Same with Sheryl; she's a kooky mom refusing to believe she's dating a psycho one episode, next he dumps her and she acts like she always knew he was a psycho but she's actually into weird occult shit herself, to willingly walking into a trap Leland setup after she slammed the door on his face.

This just all feels rudderless and I wish the show had a clearer direction of what it wants to be. And if what they want to be is weird campy shit throw at the wall week after week then they should just go all in and amp it up even more now that they're off broadcast tv.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I really really want to like this show but the direction they've taken it in season 2 has me so confused. Feels like even the writers don't have a clue where this is all going and are just throwing shit at the wall. One episode Krysten is happy she murdered the psycho threatening her family, the next she's feeling guilty and confessing to cops, and then poof that arc is gone for the most part as if nothing happened the following episode. Same with Sheryl; she's a kooky mom refusing to believe she's dating a psycho one episode, next he dumps her and she acts like she always knew he was a psycho but she's actually into weird occult shit herself, to willingly walking into a trap Leland setup after she slammed the door on his face.

This just all feels rudderless and I wish the show had a clearer direction of what it wants to be. And if what they want to be is weird campy shit throw at the wall week after week then they should just go all in and amp it up even more now that they're off broadcast tv.
I still like the show but agree with everything else here - the show just seems like it's all over the place with no real purpose. I think they can get away with this for a little while but eventually they need to have the narrative make some sensible progress.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I still like the show but agree with everything else here - the show just seems like it's all over the place with no real purpose. I think they can get away with this for a little while but eventually they need to have the narrative make some sensible progress.
Yea I have been waiting and watching the show in chunks, rather than week to week, because of how all over the place it can feel at times. I started forgetting what happened the episode the week before.

They are still following the procedural, case of the week format. Most shows do that for the first few seasons, before switching focus to the main plots in later seasons. Like Person of Interest or The Good Wife, im sure EVIL will switch to following the main plots more and more as the show goes on.

But man, I love the show. Just hope its doing well after the switch.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
So the demon that Kristen was seeing was good. It was stopping her from doing bad shit each time she saw it, then as soon as it was transferred to Leland she went full piece of shit and he was being "hunted" by it. Then when Kristen was exorcised for a second time during the second part she went back to normal? So she was possed twice?

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Ok hopefully next episode it ties Sheryl doll side story or else it's another pivot 😆

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So the demon that Kristen was seeing was good. It was stopping her from doing bad shit each time she saw it, then as soon as it was transferred to Leland she went full piece of shit and he was being "hunted" by it. Then when Kristen was exorcised for a second time during the second part she went back to normal? So she was possed twice?
I think she was possessed, it's just that the exorcism needed to run its course.

But yeah I think you're onto something with Kristen and Ifrit.
Poor Andy.

Was a bit random for her to choose that guy lol
Her going with the Satanist guy was the result of her posession....maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of them wasting screentime on the mom.
It was the worst part of Hawaii 5-0 and it's the worst part of this

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017

And this week's episode was no different.

Another case-of-the-week without any real satisfying ending. In this case, that weird doll - of which there are now several - and weird they are all surrounding Kristen. First, her mom's; then her daughter babysitting; then the case of the haunted house. And they just kinda put them all out there without any further explanation or conclusion (yet).

The past few episodes have been very open-ended. Procedural cases that go seemingly unfinished. And on top of it, there are so many other questions relating to the main plotline - what is this deal with this Edward character and his connection to Leland? What's he doing to Sheryl? What is the significance of Sister Andrea? What the heck is going on with Leland? The dolls, the creepy little girl from season one, was that George in the house this past episode, etc. etc. They have one episode left for the season, it's either going to be frustrating or batshit crazy.

And is it me or did anyone get confused by the return of Monseigneur Korecki? Is there any meaning to him being there instead of Bishop Marx and influence by Leland at the beginning of the episode? The last two episodes have been my favorite of the second half of season two though. I felt like when they returned from the break they were a bit silly, and I hated what they made Kristen into. Now it's back to the tone of season one, in a way.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think she was possessed, it's just that the exorcism needed to run its course.

But yeah I think you're onto something with Kristen and Ifrit.

Her going with the Satanist guy was the result of her posession....maybe.

I do remember the guy saying that he gets anything he wants for being a Satanist. It wasn't very "romantic" per se so maybe that in combination with her being possessed had something to do with it.

Doll ep was mid. This season is all over the place

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Oh I didn't even mention

What the heck is going on with Kurt? He's clearly up to something. I thought when Kristen accused him of working with Leland a couple of episodes ago she was just delusional, but then he made that random call immediately afterwards. Plus now he's following and recording the team. I'm really curious what's going on with this plot line.