• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Gran Tursimo Sport since it was on sale this week for like $10. LOVE the Circuit Training mode, forget what its called though atm. Basically it breaks each track down into smaller sections to teach you all of the different corners and stuff. Super neat.

Just man, I cant stand the driver assisted breaking and the other hand holdy stuff. The game straight up breaks for you if you dont do it in time lol. So annoying, but Its so advanced though that its hard to figure out what is actually "normal" mode lol.

Also picked up Dirt Rally 2.0 and Circuit Superstars since they were both super cheap on Steam.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Is there any long promised, long belated comic projects that people still hold hope of releasing?

When I started reading comics it was Captain America White, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk and Image United. For a while there was S.H.I.E.L.D. issues 3-5 too.

I guess Multiversity Too? Image United?

May 24, 2019
Picked up Gran Tursimo Sport since it was on sale this week for like $10. LOVE the Circuit Training mode, forget what its called though atm. Basically it breaks each track down into smaller sections to teach you all of the different corners and stuff. Super neat.

Just man, I cant stand the driver assisted breaking and the other hand holdy stuff. The game straight up breaks for you if you dont do it in time lol. So annoying, but Its so advanced though that its hard to figure out what is actually "normal" mode lol.

Also picked up Dirt Rally 2.0 and Circuit Superstars since they were both super cheap on Steam.

Turn assists off. I find Forza games much nicer feeling that way. You get used to it.

edit: Except for manual shifting. I'll never get used to that.

edit edit: If you're still looking for arcady racers, try Inertial Drift. The control method's really different, and there's some VN storytelling.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019

Guy gets shut out of his fallout shelter while a nuke goes off and somehow survives as a glowing nuclear hero in the wastelands. He's got a dog with two heads.
It's Fallout without so much 50s kitsch (Though there is a little bit of that with a satirical Peanuts type backup comic.)

edit: It's got a bratty child king just like Shazam. In fact there's this whole thing of Las Vegas being divided into kingdoms with different rulers, like Shazam... and Fallout.
X6Xiw2N.png

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any long promised, long belated comic projects that people still hold hope of releasing?

When I started reading comics it was Captain America White, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk and Image United. For a while there was S.H.I.E.L.D. issues 3-5 too.

I feel like DC has a lot of those circulating over the past few years. Morrison was also supposed to be working on an Arkham Asylum sequel. Geoff Johns had his own imprint supposedly coming that I can't remember the name of. Probably more I can't think of.

Marvel had a ton of series left in the lurch with the pandemic, and we're now a year on without hearing if we'll ever see more - Nebula, Gwen Stacy, that new New Warriors book.

I think Kevin Smith still has like... a bunch of unfinished series from the 2000s, too. But if there's anyone holding out hope there I'd be surprised.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Kevin Smith still has like... a bunch of unfinished series from the 2000s, too. But if there's anyone holding out hope there I'd be surprised.

Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target will never be completed. Smith was supposed to do a Daredevil vs. Bullseye story following the death of Karen Page from his DD run, and then never got around to it. Bendis was going to write the first Daredevil vs. Bullseye confrontation since Karen's death for his DD run, Smith got pissy, and told Quesada that was his story, then he proceeded to write one issue and fucked off.

He later said he should have just let Bendis tell his story instead of pulling that shit.

(It wasn't Smith's proudest moment.)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target will never be completed. Smith was supposed to do a Daredevil vs. Bullseye story following the death of Karen Page from his DD run, and then never got around to it. Bendis was going to write the first Daredevil vs. Bullseye confrontation since Karen's death for his DD run, Smith got pissy, and told Quesada that was his story, then he proceeded to write one issue and fucked off.

He later said he should have just let Bendis tell his story instead of pulling that shit.

(It wasn't Smith's proudest moment.)
lol. I mean I get it, he probably thought he would be able to do it but he started making more movies at that time too.

Kevin Smith, man. I used to love his movies growing up and really looked up to what he was able to do. Fast Forward to nowadays and his movies are basically obsolete. Aside from the original Clerks.

Turn assists off. I find Forza games much nicer feeling that way. You get used to it.

edit: Except for manual shifting. I'll never get used to that.

edit edit: If you're still looking for arcady racers, try Inertial Drift. The control method's really different, and there's some VN storytelling.
Yea I have started to tinker with the assists in GT Sport. They were just much easier to turn off in Forza H4 lol. I love Forza's gameplay, but I want it in Gran Turismo's game lol.

Trying to learn how to drift in GT Sport, but right now I can only do hand brake drifts. Compared to Forza where its almost impossible not to drift with over-steering.

And as much as these games pride themselves on recording the actual cars for these games, you cant hear a difference between a naturally aspirated car and one with a turbo most of the time. Its dumb, but I want to hear that blowoff valve lol.

May 24, 2019
Kevin Smith, man. I used to love his movies growing up and really looked up to what he was able to do. Fast Forward to nowadays and his movies are basically obsolete. Aside from the original Clerks.

Clerks 2 kinda worked (edit: Not that it was great, but in the sense that it successfully resonated with people)
And Dogma's the best one.

edit: Chasing Amy works when you're like 15 and buy into it thinking you're/it's being mature and sophisticated. lol
Now I can just think it's KS working through his emotions at having crushes on his gay friends or w/e and it's kinda pathetic.
Also comics, eww.

Last edited:

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

I really want you to read it, so I'll just say this:
It's about a man and his dog who gain powers from a nuclear bomb after his neighbors try to take his shelter (where his family is safe). Future villains are introduced on a map of Las Vegas.
The art is fantastic.

It is Geoff Johns so I hope the books don't take forever to come out like Doomsday Clock. I also have no idea how long they plan this book for as it's only solicited through June.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
lol. I mean I get it, he probably thought he would be able to do it but he started making more movies at that time too.

At least he's not a bad dude, and actually does try to improve himself and correct past fuck-ups. I think he genuinely wants to be a better person than he was.

Clerks 2 kinda worked (edit: Not that it was great, but in the sense that it successfully resonated with people)
And Dogma's the best one.

edit: Chasing Amy works when you're like 15 and buy into it thinking you're/it's being mature and sophisticated. lol
Now I can just think it's KS working through his emotions at having a crush on his gay friends or w/e and it's kinda pathetic.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot shows what I'm talking about since Smith has clearly come to realize how fucked up Chasing Amy's message was. Even though J&SB Reboot itself is kinda whatever, at least Smith is able to admit how wrong he was in the past.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Also I just love this concept...she's the bullet! Must read.

I am really enjoying all these new Image titles lately.

snipe-slug.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a Supergirl book by Jimenez. But he's probably too big now.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What happens? You couldn't pay me to actually watch it.

Jay and Silent Bob run into Holden (Affleck's character from Chasing Amy), and it is revealed in the intervening years between Chasing Amy and J&SBR that he (platonically) patched things up with Alyssa and her wife, and that he was the donor for their daughter (and he also has some degree of parenting rights). His speech was about what it means to be a parent and how all the old bullshit he was wrapped up in at the time really didn't matter (which helps Jay see what really matters and ties into the movie's central theme about what being a parent has meant to Smith).

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Guy gets shut out of his fallout shelter while a nuke goes off and somehow survives as a glowing nuclear hero in the wastelands. He's got a dog with two heads.
It's Fallout without so much 50s kitsch (Though there is a little bit of that with a satirical Peanuts type backup comic.)

edit: It's got a bratty child king just like Shazam. In fact there's this whole thing of Las Vegas being divided into kingdoms with different rulers, like Shazam... and Fallout.
X6Xiw2N.png
How many kingdoms? 7?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's the one they ended up using (kinda) for the Andreyko run, later in Rebirth - or at least a rough draft for it. (I don't remember if it showed up after the first couple issues because I dropped it after the first couple issues.)

bPdHCGr.png

May 24, 2019
I think that's the one they ended up using (kinda) for the Andreyko run, later in Rebirth - or at least a rough draft for it. (I don't remember if it showed up after the first couple issues because I dropped it after the first couple issues.)

bPdHCGr.png

Yeah. His design definitely influenced that. I remember it getting dunked on at the time 😆

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

arkham asylum 2 i guess?

that's 7 relevant people.......... he can't keep getting away with this! (or the racism either)

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
What am I missing here?
oh just all that stuff about the JL movie and other shows he's worked on

here's some of it if you didn't know:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Ray Fisher Opens Up About ‘Justice League,’ Joss Whedon and Warners: “I Don’t Believe Some of These People Are Fit for Leadership”

Over the past year, the actor has assailed the filmmaker and studio in harsh-but-cryptic tweets for what he says was racist and inappropriate conduct: "I'm not so indebted to Hollywood that I haven't been willing to put myself out there."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they beat Knull this week lol. Why didnt anyone say anything!

And thats the big change for Venom lol? He's the "King in Black now lol

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
so this is a thing I was wondering, are there any female superheroes with civilian love interests? or is that still exclusively the male domain. spider-woman's boyfriend is close but I think he's an ex-supervillain...

and yes, I know about the cursed character known as Terry Long

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
so this is a thing I was wondering, are there any female superheroes with civilian love interests? or is that still exclusively the male domain. spider-woman's boyfriend is close but I think he's an ex-supervillain...

Does Steve Trevor count?

May 24, 2019

Didn't Kate have a civilian love interest in Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye? I think he became a hero later.

edit: If we just mean non-powered, Maggie Sawyer for Batwoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.