• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back Codpiece
dpc%20laser%20cock.jpg

Codpiece is so versitile. He literally punches out cops with a boxing glove attachment. He became a villain because girls kept telling him he had a tiny penis. It's so 90s.

YACReader-NEq-Krq-QL2-Q.png

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god... She's doing a Harley Quinn cover

Can confirm... Correct eye color

Last edited:

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
What do you all use for your graphic novel shelves? I just moved and want to add a couple shelves, but I'm having a hard time finding anything decent. They all seem to be made out of partical board and can't actaully support having books on them.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What do you all use for your graphic novel shelves? I just moved and want to add a couple shelves, but I'm having a hard time finding anything decent. They all seem to be made out of partical board and can't actaully support having books on them.
Yeah the vast majority of bookshelves these days are particle board. Stuff like the Ikea Kallax (or the Better Homes and Gardens knockoff that's pretty much exactly the same) work well, though, because they're reinforced in the middle, and each individual shelf doesn't have to hold much.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, the Better Homes and Gardens knockoff is what I picked up for my first book shelf. Love it, just wish I had more room for more lol.

Ive got a set of two fancy book shelves that I got from a garage sale that I use for my main collection now, with some nice glass doors.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hickman will be having a conversation with Grant Morrison. Its coming to Hickman's Substack and only for those who subbed the first week or did the Founders thing.

You might remember that this was the reward for becoming a subscriber during our launch week (it's also for anyone that signs up anytime at the Founding Tier). The Invitation itself will come with instructions for how to attend a special event we've arranged, but for now, we wanted to give you a little heads up as we'd love for you to mark the date on your calendars and try to attend. On Saturday, September 4th (Labor Day Weekend) at 1pm EST, I'm going to be hosting a conversation with one of my favorite creators, Grant Morrison. We'll talk about universe-building and story, we'll try to answer some of your questions, and we'll definitely have a little fun. We can't wait to see all of you there.
3w3m.substack.com

3 Worlds / 3 Moons | Substack

THREE WORLDS / THREE MOONS : The Next Great Comics Universe Starts Here. From creators Mike del Mundo, Jonathan Hickman, and Mike Huddleston. Click to read 3 Worlds / 3 Moons, a Substack publication with tens of thousands of subscribers.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Hickman will be having a conversation with Grant Morrison. Its coming to Hickman's Substack and only for those who subbed the first week or did the Founders thing.

3w3m.substack.com

3 Worlds / 3 Moons | Substack

THREE WORLDS / THREE MOONS : The Next Great Comics Universe Starts Here. From creators Mike del Mundo, Jonathan Hickman, and Mike Huddleston. Click to read 3 Worlds / 3 Moons, a Substack publication with tens of thousands of subscribers.
I wonder what Morrison thinks about the whole Substack thing.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I will only read my comics in this format going forward

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Is Book 3 going to have the last issues?

I doubt it if they wish to hit the end of the year. They have been 16 issues each so far assuming the final arc is 5 issues it'll end at 53 which would be 21 issues. If its out by years end then I can see it being two hcs 10-11 issues.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it if they wish to hit the end of the year. They have been 16 issues each so far assuming the final arc is 5 issues it'll end at 53 which would be 21 issues. If its out by years end then I can see it being two hcs 10-11 issues.
Hmm. Yea, looks like Book 2 ended at issue #31. They could cram them all in one, or do two smaller one with lots of Extras/back up material.

Id rather wait and have it all in one, but I can wait if they do two.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Clay Mann opening a commission list for 15 headshots is pretty funny given what's happening with Bat Cat.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Morrison is now a Creative Advisor at Heavy Metal, and Tim Seeley took over as EiC. They also have that TV deal with NBC/Universal, but Brave New World is the last thing credited on IMDB.

Wonder whats next

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
These characters in Suicide Squad (the recent movie), these are all actual DC characters in the comics? Even the guy with detachable arms? >_>

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what
Jimmy Olsen was great
It's a series of ironic yucking it up over some shitposts featuring the character who is DC's Silver Age, an era defined by bombastic adventure and grand ideas.

Maybe the last few issues had all the good material, I dunno. I got bored after like nine issues of "Jimmy Olsen is put in a silly situation so he turns to the camera and says he thinks it's silly."

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's a series of ironic yucking it up over some shitposts featuring the character who is DC's Silver Age, an era defined by bombastic adventure and grand ideas.

Maybe the last few issues had all the good material, I dunno. I got bored after like nine issues of "Jimmy Olsen is put in a silly situation so he turns to the camera and says he thinks it's silly."
I actually kind of agree with you.
I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Yeah the vast majority of bookshelves these days are particle board. Stuff like the Ikea Kallax (or the Better Homes and Gardens knockoff that's pretty much exactly the same) work well, though, because they're reinforced in the middle, and each individual shelf doesn't have to hold much.
Thank you for this advice! I desperately need a few new shelves at this point. I just added my Dini omni on the shelf next to my bed which already has my Uncanny X-Force, Morrison Batman 2 and 3, and a few others stacked vertically and I hate it. I'm happy to see a solution.

I still really want to read Fraction Olsen, it sounds great. I love cheesy, old Jimmy stories.

May 24, 2019
LIST:
Action Comics #1034
Amazing Fantasy #2 (maybe. havent read #1 yet)
Batman/Superman #21
Checkmate #3
Echolands #1
Ninjak #2
Robin #5
Superman '78 #1
Superman Son Of Kal-El #2
Wonder Woman #778

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017