• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Heroes Reborn?

• Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • I don't know what it is

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Actively avoiding everything about it

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • No because I have to spend my money on Harley, Punchline, Yara and Molly

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Yes because I used the 50% discount (Hi Freeza)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what this is but I like it.

NBIFf7L.jpg

exFtPjf.jpg

jIqNAOZ.jpg

m26dF8z.jpg

YKF79zD.jpg

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
When was the last time a comic exceded your expectations, hit you in a way you didn't expect, made you F E E L things?

Shonen Jumps apply.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time a comic exceded your expectations, hit you in a way you didn't expect, made you F E E L things?

Shonen Jumps apply.

Positive emotions - Witch Hat Atelier

Very very negative emotions - Goodnight Pun Pun

One particular point near the end of Chainsaw Man hit me like a ton of bricks and I wasn't expecting it. I felt utter dread and helplessness.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shonen Jumps apply.

A scene in the middle of Goodnight Punpun made me physically nauseous and I had to stop reading for a good half hour until I could keep going.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Positive emotions - Witch Hat Atelier

Very very negative emotions - Goodnight Pun Pun

One particular point near the end of Chainsaw Man hit me like a ton of bricks and I wasn't expecting it. I felt utter dread and helplessness.
I'm particularly heartless beacuse although I found it a really well written and hard hitting story, my thought when I finished was "Well, that sure was a good read".

While everyone else I knew had a really intense emotional reaction.

A scene in the middle of Goodnight Punpun made me physically nauseous and I had to stop reading for a good half hour until I could keep going.
Which one?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm particularly heartless beacuse although I found it a really well written and hard hitting story, my thought when I finished was "Well, that sure was a good read".

While everyone else I knew had a really intense emotional reaction.

Which one?

Just so we're clear, this is not going to be easy to talk about.

The scene where Punpun is seduced and raped by his uncle's girlfriend.

There's this one panel where it's shown that she's grabbing Punpun's penis and I just had to stop. I felt sick to my stomach. It's an event that scars Punpun for the rest of the story and drives him to the misanthropic, isolated person he is in adulthood.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

There's this one panel where it's shown that she's grabbing Punpun's penis and I just had to stop. I felt sick to my stomach. It's an event that scars Punpun for the rest of the story and drives him to the misanthropic, isolated person he is in adulthood.

It's so fucked up. I found it very hard to read.

I had a very negative response to a scene towards the end... Most of the ending hurt me deeply. Granted some here told me to stop a good bit before that but I didn't listen.

I found the post where I stopped.

www.resetera.com

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2020 | How many 15 year-olds can spend $125 on an omnibus?

Version 3.0 is really good and well worth the read

I'm fairly certain I didn't post for a few days after this.

Last edited:

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019

Yeah, sorry I made you have to say it. Really didn't think it through.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Shonen Jumps apply.
Harleen

Like I know a lot of people won't put Big Two comics for this, so it makes me really basic, but Harleen. The story of a woman's slow, willing descent into madness. You know how that story ends. Exactly how that story ends, but you can't look away. It's fucking mindblowing. You want her to stop, but you know she won't. You're just so emotionally invested, because you've probably been in a toxic relationship that you know you should've stopped that's driven you to the same emotional states she's been through just so you can get those same small amounts of comfort and belonging and joy. It's a level of empathy you wouldn't expect out of a relationship between a woman and an absolute monster.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Like I know a lot of people won't put Big Two comics for this, so it makes me really basic, but Harleen.

For real. Never apologize for being "basic", that's a dumb idea from people who only care about what other people think about them and want you feel as insecure as they do about what you like.

Apologize for Harley Quinn propaganda instead.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Cant wait next week is annihilation conquest,just got new wolverine omnibus 2nd variant from instocktrades hope I can do the same with conquest next week.
I remember when everyone was just raving about how cool Annihilation Conquest was, and I was too young in my comic reading journey to appreciate it.

I binged all the cosmic line in three months to catch up to GotG and was truly amazed.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
My first experience with her was Countdown, so it left a bad impression.
Never read it, so I have no idea what happened, but it seems like Countdown did no favors for anyone

Anyways:

Harleen
Harley Quinn Mad Love
Harley and Ivy by Dini and Timm
Harley Quinn Black, White, and Red
Future State: Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn Breaking Glass
The current Harley Quinn run by Stephanie Phillips and Riley Rossmo only has 2 issues so far, but it's been really good
Gotham City Sirens by Dini and March

I haven't read all of Sam Humphries run on Harley Quinn's main book, but it's gotten pretty good reception and I enjoyed the first few issues where she went to Apokolips. I also have her entire 00's run downloaded by Karl Kesel, but I haven't read that yet. I have no interest in reading the Conner/Palmiotti stuff because I don't care for what little I have read of how they've written her, and I haven't read the most recent Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy miniseries, but supposedly it's pretty good.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Harley's not so bad, I think.

XbqKr9Q.jpg
Harley hates cops because they use force when dealing with psychological issues when the people suffering are misunderstood.

Real talk that's an actual aspect to her character, and it's a part of why I like her. She hates the system because she empathizes with the people sent through it, because she wants to help them. Dini and Seijic with the stellar takes. Phillips is leaning into that, too.

Granted she fucks up along the way because you know she teamed up with Joker and she's got that anarchic streak in her, but still.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shonen Jumps apply.

kelly thompson's hawkeye. it's a little moment that I don't think is verbalized in the book but when she has a flashback to being a kid at the pool with her mom and we see why her costume has the hip holes, that was a surprisingly touching moment

BkrdStg.png

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
oh man, that last page in ASM 10/10 I'm not even a fan of Bendis' New Avengers but hell yes. wish Spencer's entire run was like this arc because it's one of the best. and Vincentini made an action heavy issue visually interesting damn. Spider-Man doing the bridal carry with White Rabbit as she zaps bad guys is not something I expected to see but now I'm glad I did.

comics!

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Harley hates cops because they use force when dealing with psychological issues when the people suffering are misunderstood.

Real talk that's an actual aspect to her character, and it's a part of why I like her. She hates the system because she empathizes with the people sent through it, because she wants to help them. Dini and Seijic with the stellar takes. Phillips is leaning into that, too.

Granted she fucks up along the way because you know she teamed up with Joker and she's got that anarchic streak in her, but still.
I can see her returning to this aspect with the new series. It seems to be heading in that direction.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Swamp Thing #3: Ivy > Poison ivy. She really reminds me of delirium too . Art is stunning, and I'm interested to see where the plot goes especially with Alec's reveal

Immortal Hulk #46: Thor is such a dick, christ. Glad to see rick (somewhat) and betty back right on time for the finale though. I hope 4 issues is enough to wrap this up, feels like there's still quite alot to go through.

Hellions #11: Of course Sinister has something up his sleeve . I hope psylocke gets her comeuppance soon, that bastard deserves it

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I dunno if one can "but still" teaming up with a murder clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.