• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The most cursed timeline. Selling anime screenshots as NFTs.

muv-luv-verse.com

Card Shop|Muv-Luv Verse

Muv-Luv Verse

It looks like age is partnering directly with this NFT company based in Ikebukuro, in Tokyo, which is, in their words,

l3b7afo.jpg

Sorry. I'm just going to right click save that, not spend money on keyframes that are just a URL pointing towards an image (when the hosting goes down, by the way, the NFT is worthless because the URL is broken).

This is how they describe their use:

2lPDopN.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why it took fifteen years for this to get an anime.

Turns out that NFT was the reason(?).

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard the show itself isn't doing so great, especially given the impossible task of adapting such a long story into a much shorter series, so I guess this type of gimmick is an option.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard the show itself isn't doing so great, especially given the impossible task of adapting such a long story into a much shorter series, so I guess this type of gimmick is an option.
Yeah. They actually just compressed 40 hours of VN (muv-luv extra and unlimited) into a single 20 minute episode via episode 2. This is very clearly a cashgrab with insufficient budget to do it justice by age.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Somehow sakuga as NFT is extremely predictable yet came out of nowhere.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
Also I forgot to mention that Kouki sold his company that made muvluv, age, to Avex in 2017. This is why so many weird Muv-Luv things are happening lately, Avex has said many times that they want to get into NFTs.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Could they not just I dunno, sell the cels to fans instead? I'm not sure if the show is roughed out traditionally on paper or not, but like that seems like it would be way more meaningful and tangible.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Why own a physical genga frame or an animation cel when you can own a URL?

NFTs are getting more absurd by the day.