• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
VA has a lot more posts than I thought so I'm not doing that tonight. I got to page 5 of my my review and closed the tab. I'd rather go back and see what Nat has to say.
I think I've hit a milestone. This might be the first time anyone has had that reaction to my post count.

Maybe a good joke will put me right back into it.

Why do pancakes always win at baseball? Because they have the best batter!
For the record, they would lose to French Toast.

I did not see that. Interesting. lol
I'm a little sad at all the conjecture (probably) not panning out because that would've been damn fun to catch scum out on. Alas, I don't think it was meant to be.

I do have another small theory from reading something Launch posted....If I can dig it up here.

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is going to be my last post about godfather stuff for a while because I've yammered about it a bunch and really all I'm getting at is that I don't trust the check on Randomless/Vere still. I'm not saying they're scum, but if I were to townread them, it won't have anything to do with the check. So, re-reading today while I cram ham in my mouth, with the game design stuff in mind, and one of Launchpad's posts got me to thinking:

I was thinking it when Kopite died, but with Zipped here, this certainly seems to form a profile that at least one of the remaining scum are new to scum and/or don't have many games under their belts. Killing Kopite on N2 when there was a claimed doctor and cop in play means they were probably afraid that Kopite would have more than one shot, but I assumed immediately that Kopite only had one just from general experience with games this size and X-shot roles.

Now it's Zipped who's dead and I also assumed he had two shots. Instead of letting us wallow in the WIFOM behind Zipped really being the doctor, whether my green check on Vere is legit, and whether I'm really the cop, they solve one of those puzzles for us.

I could tell you right away what I would've done - and what I think Nat/LP would've done, because they have the experience to make those role assumptions - is kill Zipped on N2 and me on N3.
Launchpad being left alive makes me wonder if this is a simple case of godfather scum trying to bait out an investigate to clear their name, hence why Launchpad is alive. I can go into all kinds of WIFOM about this, and why Zipped went out when they did, but my theory would at least explain Launch still being here. Launch isn't only a threat for their cop check----they're a threat for being just about our only confirmed town core player at this point. Why leave that alive without specific reason? "Well, Launch would be an obvious Zipped protect." Launch would be an obvious protect N2 following the day he got Nat killed, and more than likely couldn't be protected a 2nd night in a row due to power restrictions. I would expect Launch to be wide open for a good murder N3 without Zipped to protect, so no, I don't think Zipped needs removed first before you take out Launch (if anyone were going to say that).

AND WAIT A MOMENT. This is a DAD Joke Mafia game. What bigger, badder dad is there than a godFATHER.

done-cant.gif

That seals it. No way scum don't have a godfather. Absolutely not. Hedin couldn't bear the shame of making a Dad Mafia game without that role, and if that has happened, it is a travesty of the highest order.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Launchpad being left alive makes me wonder if this is a simple case of godfather scum trying to bait out an investigate to clear their name, hence why Launchpad is alive. I can go into all kinds of WIFOM about this, and why Zipped went out when they did, but my theory would at least explain Launch still being here. Launch isn't only a threat for their cop check----they're a threat for being just about our only confirmed town core player at this point. Why leave that alive without specific reason? "Well, Launch would be an obvious Zipped protect." Launch would be an obvious protect N2 following the day he got Nat killed, and more than likely couldn't be protected a 2nd night in a row due to power restrictions. I would expect Launch to be wide open for a good murder N3 without Zipped to protect, so no, I don't think Zipped needs removed first before you take out Launch (if anyone were going to say that).
I don't think that's a bad theory, honestly. Though, again, scum seems to think town PRs have more shots than make sense for this game. That would be more evidence towards this being a less experienced player.

I also think that the risk of leaving me alive to do that would maybe have been too high if I was actually suspicious of the player(s) in question. I've had Stanbulance as next up after EC since yesterday, so that might not be the person we're after, either.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1

But why? Just because of the post count? Why not Zipped then?

On this particular day 1, I still think EC is the best vote town can go for right now.

Everyone always says that to me but I'm trying, I swear!

Is it because I'm engaging with the theme? I love a good theme, and I like having fun. What can I say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not somebody in the tentative town list I've mentioned, that's for sure. It's day 1, and I'm not comfortable to go into something more specific at the moment. Especially since EC very much IS in the equation and that I'm still convinced it's the good choice for town.

Pancakes was looking for a lot of approval on the bojack/EC vote but when it came to voting out LP, Pancakes was there and did not budge at all despite it being almost deadlocked until Launch broke it up. Puts forth EC is probably the best vote and sits it on despite it being a very close ED. Also barely any reaction to Kopite reveaing that he was a vig.

I have no idea. Someone tell me where to vote. We need a power to skip to D2. My head is now thinking something really stupid that would draw so much attention to me that I'm not even going to say it so I'll just skirt around it and say I really wish EC would show up and say more stuff outside of calling out votes with no joke and, "you will get absolutely no information flipping me" because the way they've laid low now feels like someone really trying to keep the heat away after gathering it early. But I'm not going to say that because of how much I've lined up the fact that EC would be a safe vote, will be suspicious of votes there or rather how they accrue, etc etc.

It's the best I have right now, and lord knows I've never been afraid of having D1 votes come back to bite me in the ass. So:

Did you all hear about the chameleon that couldn't change colors? He had a reptile dysfunction.

crowd-laughing.gif

Vote: EvilChameleon

They're a vig, right? I only say because I thought those roles could be neutral. Don't call out my terrible Mafia knowledge!

VA switches to EC without much fanfare then promptly leaves. Easy to latch onto a place without looking suspect?

Captain wasn't really here at EoD, not much to analyze.

NAI all the way down. I don't read context until D2. Maybe that's poor play, but I don't see value in D1 reads this far.

Anex was also at EoD D1 but didn't feel content to move.

www.resetera.com

Dad Joke Mafia |OT| I quit mafia to be a housekeeper, now I'm a maid man.

I'm gonna stay on Zipped but I'll switch to LP if there's a risk of a tie.

Randomless/Vere is at EoD says he will stay on Zipped but switch to LP if there is a risk of a tie. Seems a bit odd that he wouldn't take the free bus credit like Nat did on LP since he was there at ED. Makes me feel slightly better about Random/Vere.

Pancakes > VA > Anex > Captain > Random in terms of how I scum read after people D1 votes.

Pancakes / VA were giving me the same vibes of looking somewhere to vote that was not LP. EC is always an easy target.

Continued in the next post.

Oct 26, 2017
Anex is trying to pocket me right in broad daylight!

All right. I'm bad at calling things out directly....bad at confrontation sometimes....but I'll try my hand here.
It kind of feels like we're floundering here, so does anyone have anything to say?
I can read this two different ways. Genuine town concern that we're floundering or scum trying to plant a seed of doubt in town's mind that they're in a rough spot when they aren't. I think the only way scum wins at this point is for town to panic, lose hope, and fall apart. I think we have 1 scum left:

100% Town
VA
Launch
Neki

Most Likely Town
Pancakes

Could Be Scum
CaptainNuevo
Anex
Verelios
Stantastic

*Sidenote*
I could see CaptainNuevo as town based on their option to go nuclear, but what holds me back from giving that a "town" check is that when Launchpad said this:
Not only is this wholly unnecessary, it goes against the spirit of the game. lol

You're town. I see it. Let's just figure out where we need to hunt.
[/QUOTECaptain dropped it too easily and didn't make 2nd mention of it at all. No "okie dokie" or "what about...." I don't know if Captain is that gutsy to offer their head as scum, but they were vague enough that they probably could've wormed out of their offer if everyone said yes.
*End Sidenote*

Oct 26, 2017
I hate when I goof that up....Going to repost the last part:

*Sidenote*
I could see CaptainNuevo as town based on their option to go nuclear, but what holds me back from giving that a "town" check is that when Launchpad said this:
Not only is this wholly unnecessary, it goes against the spirit of the game. lol

You're town. I see it. Let's just figure out where we need to hunt.
Captain dropped it too easily and didn't make 2nd mention of it at all. No "okie dokie" or "what about...." I don't know if Captain is that gutsy to offer their head as scum, but they were vague enough that they probably could've wormed out of their offer if everyone said yes.
*End Sidenote*

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Day 2

I read today about a botanist that was trying to cross a four leaf clover with poison ivy...

He was hoping for a rash of good luck.

---

Hitting scum with LP was dumb luck but hey, I'm not complaining!

ZM0tNIR.gif

---

There are currently three players that, in my opinion, have solid town vibes:

– VA: Really like the posts. Like the vibe. Good job!
– Monkey: Very active, very fun, and has good arguments. Huzzah!
– Donnie: Mostly gut feelings, but I like the vibe. There's a certain "honesty" – for lack of a better word – in his posts that I like. Looking forward to reading more from him. Bravo! RIP Donnie.

71qx52T.gif

The rest is still null to me. There is a lot of talk about meta in the top posting players and my eyes are glazing over each time I read that word. These discussions are flying over my head. So I need more time to judge actions.

---

RIP Donnie.

Pancakes throws Donnie a town read despite being dead and flipping town. Seems like an easy way to look like you're engaging.

I'm not sure yet if I believe this, but maybe there wasn't any viable wagons for LP to place a vote on?

I too am currently inclined to believe the end of day 1 might have been a SvSvT situation. But is it me or the general consensus seems to point toward a scum Zipped more than a scum EC? And I just can't understand why. Especially with EC's latest posts. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any real opinion about Zipped one way or another, but I wouldn't be ready to vote for him over EC. Something seems off.

Pancakes comes into the thread, shading basically all the vote getters at EoD Day 1. Lone_Prodigy, Zipped, EC, Launchpand, Random and Captain. EC and Zipped are confirmed town at this point and I highly doubt Launch is scum so that leaves Random/Captain who had one vote each. Don't really like the comment, looks like a great comment because Nat is well protected within the LP train with no scrutinity on him.

Hey ya'll, I'm back older and... none too much wiser. Sorry for the lack of presence on day start, weekends are for family etc, but I'm going to post some thoughts before I sleep, and will be around more tomorrow. Since I was out at day end, I'm going to respond to a few things:

Correct, I didn't. That's my bad, and I'm not going to go back and try to pretend I left any. I'll try to make my thinking more clear at end of day today, I feel much more with my actions in this game being useful by end of D2 than 1.

In general I remember there being some concern about how I interact with people. I'm intentional. My philosophy on how to play the role I'm given best has not changed since I've played the last few games fundamentally, and all my actions in this game fit that thought process.

NOW to be more specific...

Interesting Day's end, feeling v. good about Monkey and Launch now for that tie-breaking combo.

This is a weird post to me. LP would have been replaced, not killed off. Swinging on to break a tie to vote him out should, at the very least, give town points to the people breaking the tie.

I forgot to tbh. I don't typically make town read lists to have ready, my style of play has never been very well organized or honed in on players, I tend to play more on instinct and what I can remember (hence why I rarely, if ever, make it into the end phases of the game. But I also play with that in mind, because I honestly don't think I could be successful in that situation with the limitations my playstyle inherently develops). As for what they are now, The 2 people I'm leaning strongest on town are you and launch for the tie-breaker, though that's mostly due to that move. Prior to it, I don't think I'd have had either of you that high up on the list.

I did have a really fun idea though...

SPEC CHAT! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! I have an offer to make. If you would like to have me play the rest of the game like Ernest Cline, a science fiction writer known for both his copious references and him explaining their sources, gained from REady Player One, a book and movie (directed by Steven Spielberg, a beloved director known for his work on films such as Jurassic Park, a movie about dinosaurs, E.T., a movie based on Mac and Me, a movie about McDonald's), vote for my joke tonight.

Interesting proposition, I'm in favor of it personally. It's not necessarily that we need a shot given we hit scum on D1, but if it's about you using it or not, I'm always a fan of evening the odds and gaining more info earlier. I'd go for 12 hours personally, gives more time to digest info and see who does what then, along with ensures ample time for the players whose vote was on them to move them around.

CaptainNuevo comes into the day, doesn't really react to the LP flip or the Kopite claim. Thinks LP would be replaced instead of voted. Says Launch and Monkey are the strongest town reads.

There were only 4 people on LP. One of them (Donnie) is now confirmed as town. There was a 3 way tie with like 10 minutes to go and not many were present. I feel like a bus there was unlikely unless one of the other wagons in contention was also scum. At least, that's what I would like to say, but the 3 other votes on LP were Launch, Nat and Monkey who are all excellent scum players. Perhaps they saw how effective a D1 bus was in Nightless and wanted to see if they could replicate it? I don't actually believe this is likely it's mostly paranoia

I think it's likely that wagon was clean and I'm not looking there right now.

Randomless claiming the LP wagon is clean (lol)

I think I feel better about Nat that he stubbornly stayed on LP for a while despite other options being available.

Why? Because stubborn Nat is usually town?

Both Random and Pancakes discussing Nat before his inevitable flip.

Why, he was downright jovial as town in Nier. Jovial, I say!

Anex comment about Natiko.

...man I feel like every time I walk away from the thread I come back to a combo of a lot of posts, and good news. That's amazing!

Going to read through some more and post as time permits, but I may not be fully up and running for a bit til I get to my work laptop.

Mornin!

Welp, that's not how I expected the morning to go. I'm back at work so I'll be poking in and out, but mostly tied up until after.

Captain and Vincent's reaction to Nat's death.

Wow that's neat. Good job Launch and Kopite.

I continue to be unable to read Nat so that's very cool /s. He noted himself that our reads lined up and he was scum. Obviously that looks bad for me. I'm not even gonna bother to try and dig myself out of this hole. I don't have the energy to do so, and frankly I don't think I really want to play anymore anyway. You might as well just wagon me to get things over with and you can move on to someone else in your PoE. With 2 scum flips we have plenty of room for error. Unfortunately I'm just Vanilla Town, Fred Flinstone. I always wanted to be Luigi in Mario Party and just get carried to victory, it seems like that's gonna happen here.

My prize was a one-shot double vote that has to be used today. If I place it on someone and then change my vote the double is lost, but at least I can remove it say if someone claims something important. My plan was to use it like a normal vote but I don't really care anymore.

Randomless' reaction to Nat's death

Well, a lot of things happened it seems!

Let me read through.

Right now, I would be OK with a vote on Random.

Knowing what we know now, these posts are interesting:

Pancake's reaction to Nat's death.

I'm chiming in here to say I personally believe Randomless' claim, it matches up with a pattern I've noticed with roles.

Hesitant to say specifics here since it makes it a lot easier to fake claims if the pattern is noted.

Captain light defend on Randomless

unvote

Don't want to risk the day ending prematurely.

Also, the fact that the thread is so quiet makes me nervous and reconsider my vote a bit... Something feels off. Should we still go with a Randomless flip? What do you all think?

To expand our horizon, why don't we post who we would be willing to vote for besides Randomless right now?

Here's my list of people I would be currently willing to place a vote on (same list as I wrote in another post earlier):
(Randomless)
Bojack
EvilChameleon
CaptainNuevo

Pancake looking to not vote off Randomless

I explained that already, I'm strictly against voting for Randomless. I received the clarification I was waiting for from Hedin, and I'm going to have to toe this line incredibly carefully, but I can say this:

I believe Randomless' claim 100%. I have very strong reason to believe that there exists a role named Fred Flintstone in this game, that they're town aligned, and lines up with his claim. I know a few things about how Fred Flintstone spends his days.

I also know that there's a very strong through-line in the town-aligned roles I know of:
Gomez Addams - The patriarch of the Adams Family, which had an animated film made by Hannah-Barbera
Fred Flintstone - Patriarch of the Flintstone family, which has an animated show by Hannah-Barbera.

My role lines up with this trend.

I'm aware this is extremely circumstantial, and going to be incredibly hard to get anyone to actually buy in and believe me at this point, but the situation was one that needed to be toed extremely carefully, and was murky enough I wasn't even sure I was allowed to bring up the trend in roles I noticed to begin with.

You want a vote? You got a vote. I'm all in Uncle Sam:

VOTE: Conditional-Pancakes

I need to read their posts more, but it's literally the only other name up here and I feel that strongly against a Randomless vote at this point. I'm literally only doing this to save someone I see as greenchecked personally.

What did the Hockey Player ask for at the diner?
Check, Please.

Captain comes in and places a vote on Pancakes

CaptainNuevo, I'm not sure about your intentions. Would you vote Random but don't do it because of the fear of a turbo? Would you rather like to vote elsewhere?

Pancakes missing that Captain voted for her.

I would also be very content with a Bojack train. I find it weird that Bojack was willing to go against a Randomless vote though, I strongly feel that Randomless is an easy vote to go with for anyone not looking to raise eyes. Anyone going against it is going to raise eyebrows.

Also before I forget, my current top 2 Town:
Dr.Monkey (or whoever replaces in to this spot)
Randomless.

Captain puts out that he is willing to vote out Bojack and puts Randomless as his top town read.

CaptainNuevo, I'm not sure about your intentions. Would you vote Random but don't do it because of the fear of a turbo? Would you rather like to vote elsewhere?

Pancakes keeps asking people where they would like to vote

For future analysis, let me be clear that at this point my vote would still be on Random. Nobody really argued about the merits of voting elsewhere right now (which might or might not be worrying, I guess we'll see tomorrow.)

I don't currently place another vote on Random because I absolutely don't want the day to end prematurely.

Did a quick reread of Bojack, and yeah ok I'm back to thinking he's probably scum, too. I thought there was much less linking him back to LP and Nat, but maybe I only looked from them to him and not from him to them earlier.

Bojack not trying to peel votes away from LP, but justifiying why he wouldn't vote there.

But Bojack used similar reasoning to explain why he wouldn't vote for Zipped, then later still voted there instead of LP.

Nat was tricky to read, but Bojack handwaved Nat after the LP flip for being on that train.

Finally, Bojack defending Random's mood and in a much more muted way stating how he feels that way himself.

After Random, I think we hit Bojack. Maybe regardless of how Random flips, there's enough here to link him back to the other scum.

My vote would still be on Random says Pancakes, 5 minutes later Launch posts his read on Bojack

Yeah, that's where I am too.

3 minutes later, Pancakes agrees with Launch.

LaunchpadMcQ

I'm OK to switch to Bojack if you're willing to vote there.

Asks for the okay from Launch to switch to Bojack

Enough Horsin' Around

Vote: Bojack Horseman

Bojack Horseman's show is called Horsin' Around.

Captain comes in and switches votes without any fanfare

If we're going to swerve, I prefer a nice smooth swerve now instead of last minute.

Agreed. Would you vote for Bojack too?

Alright, let's do this.

Vote: Bojack

Also, this morning Siri said, "Don't call me Shirley." It might be because I accidentally left my phone in Airplane mode.

Neigh. I mean yes.

Vote: Bojack Horseman

Pancakes and VA agreeing to swing to Bojack.

Anex felt like a non presence at EoD. I feel much better about how Captain played EoD, he came into the day and put out some votes and then switched to Bojack without looking for approval. My town stock of him is high after re-reading D1 and D2. Anex is playing a much more reserved game and I'm not sure if I'm to scum read him for it.

Pancakes > VA > Randomless/Vere > Anex > Captain in terms of scum reads.

The way Pancakes played D1 and D2 EoD is such a stark contrast, it is really making me doubt Pancakes being town. Both Pancakes and VA seemed content with going for the easy votes on D1/D2 for me. At this point if there was two scum left I'd consider Pancakes/Random because the way Pancakes was defending Random at EoD Day 2 seemed unnatural. Really pushed the vote for Bojack despite Random/Bojack both being good flips and Random being left means it really muddies the water for future votes (which is what is happening right now).

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Randomless/Vere is at EoD says he will stay on Zipped but switch to LP if there is a risk of a tie. Seems a bit odd that he wouldn't take the free bus credit like Nat did on LP since he was there at ED. Makes me feel slightly better about Random/Vere.
Good observation

I hate when I goof that up....Going to repost the last part:

*Sidenote*
Captain dropped it too easily and didn't make 2nd mention of it at all. No "okie dokie" or "what about...." I don't know if Captain is that gutsy to offer their head as scum, but they were vague enough that they probably could've wormed out of their offer if everyone said yes.
*End Sidenote*
So, to recap what's going on here, Captain has danced around saying that part of his vanilla role PM was incorrect, that his character name did not match the flavor towards the middle end of the PM, and could not confirm that out loud, but that this flavor belonged to a Fred Flinstone vanilla role PM. When asked how much he can say about it, Captain was told he'd be modkilled if we went into any specifics, and then Captain offers to let us solve him by leveraging said stipulation.

Frankly, I wouldn't have mentioned any of this because there's a dozen different reasons why he could've gotten that in error and also it's not in the spirit of the game to use outside information, especially because it could backfire but mostly because gamerunners make mistakes and we should be fair to how they intended the game to be played…

But I can't deny its a strong likelihood Captain is just town. I just can't buy this kind of gambit from a person who hasn't played mafia in a long long while now.

Oct 26, 2017
So, to recap what's going on here, Captain has danced around saying that part of his vanilla role PM was incorrect, that his character name did not match the flavor towards the middle end of the PM, and could not confirm that out loud, but that this flavor belonged to a Fred Flinstone vanilla role PM. When asked how much he can say about it, Captain was told he'd be modkilled if we went into any specifics, and then Captain offers to let us solve him by leveraging said stipulation.

Frankly, I wouldn't have mentioned any of this because there's a dozen different reasons why he could've gotten that in error and also it's not in the spirit of the game to use outside information, especially because it could backfire but mostly because gamerunners make mistakes and we should be fair to how they intended the game to be played…

But I can't deny its a strong likelihood Captain is just town. I just can't buy this kind of gambit from a person who hasn't played mafia in a long long while now.
I did not put the pieces together that his nuclear option involved getting modkilled. That does change my view. If he is town, then my Possibly Scum list goes down to 3. And we have 3 days left. Town has this.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Pancakes / VA were giving me the same vibes of looking somewhere to vote that was not LP. EC is always an easy target.
Both Pancakes and VA seemed content with going for the easy votes on D1/D2 for me.

No. It's your comments that seem a little too easy. Go reread the posts where I explained why I was voting EC on day 1. I stand by what I said.

Same with all the explanations I already gave about voting for Bojack and why I did it that way. I also stand by all of it.

"EC Is always an easy target", "... seemed content with going for the easy votes on D1/D2"

It seems to me you're saying a lot of trite stuff so it would be easily accepted by the others. Why is that?

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if you think reasoning behind your votes is trite reasoning, I'm not sure what to say. You can stand by your reasoning but I don't agree with it. I don't think any of the things I'm saying is easily accepted, I think going after you is probably the hardest wagon for town to be convinced on because you're town read by quite a lot of people.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't place as much weight on what happened D1 since that's a crapshoot in terms of voting and reads but your complete voting strategy shifts from D1 to D2 and your EoD play is completely different, that's why I'm harping on you for it. I don't care that you voted for EC or Bojack, I care how you voted for them.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Good observation

I dont see how Captain not having played in a while really factors in here?
playing the martyr isnt some dense galaxy brain strategy, its a pretty basic ploy for someone who has a fair bit of mafia experience, which even with his absence id still firmly say is true of him.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I dont see how Captain not having played in a while really factors in here?
playing the martyr isnt some dense galaxy brain strategy, its a pretty basic ploy for someone who has a fair bit of mafia experience, which even with his absence id still firmly say is true of him.
Not just the dying part. If he's scum, the whole thing is a gambit because he never received a vanilla role PM with that flavor or whatever

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Day 2

Pancakes throws Donnie a town read despite being dead and flipping town. Seems like an easy way to look like you're engaging.

Pancakes comes into the thread, shading basically all the vote getters at EoD Day 1. Lone_Prodigy, Zipped, EC, Launchpand, Random and Captain. EC and Zipped are confirmed town at this point and I highly doubt Launch is scum so that leaves Random/Captain who had one vote each. Don't really like the comment, looks like a great comment because Nat is well protected within the LP train with no scrutinity on him.

CaptainNuevo comes into the day, doesn't really react to the LP flip or the Kopite claim. Thinks LP would be replaced instead of voted. Says Launch and Monkey are the strongest town reads.

Randomless claiming the LP wagon is clean (lol)

Both Random and Pancakes discussing Nat before his inevitable flip.

Anex comment about Natiko.

Captain and Vincent's reaction to Nat's death.

Randomless' reaction to Nat's death

Pancake's reaction to Nat's death.

Captain light defend on Randomless

Pancake looking to not vote off Randomless

Captain comes in and places a vote on Pancakes

Pancakes missing that Captain voted for her.

Captain puts out that he is willing to vote out Bojack and puts Randomless as his top town read.

Pancakes keeps asking people where they would like to vote

My vote would still be on Random says Pancakes, 5 minutes later Launch posts his read on Bojack

3 minutes later, Pancakes agrees with Launch.

Asks for the okay from Launch to switch to Bojack

Captain comes in and switches votes without any fanfare

Pancakes and VA agreeing to swing to Bojack.

Anex felt like a non presence at EoD. I feel much better about how Captain played EoD, he came into the day and put out some votes and then switched to Bojack without looking for approval. My town stock of him is high after re-reading D1 and D2. Anex is playing a much more reserved game and I'm not sure if I'm to scum read him for it.

Pancakes > VA > Randomless/Vere > Anex > Captain in terms of scum reads.

The way Pancakes played D1 and D2 EoD is such a stark contrast, it is really making me doubt Pancakes being town. Both Pancakes and VA seemed content with going for the easy votes on D1/D2 for me. At this point if there was two scum left I'd consider Pancakes/Random because the way Pancakes was defending Random at EoD Day 2 seemed unnatural. Really pushed the vote for Bojack despite Random/Bojack both being good flips and Random being left means it really muddies the water for future votes (which is what is happening right now).

I'd just like to take a moment and say that THIS is what a good post during this day is. Good effort on it, and seems pretty close to where I'd line it up myself (though I'd probably swap Anex and Randomless/Vere personally).

Meta-discussion in the post-game, but just want to call out that I have thoughts here we can discuss in the post-game [not relevant to the game itself right now, just meta-gaming stuff I dislike personally].

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
LaunchpadMcQ I'm thinking along the same lines as you right now I think, I'm leaning towards Pancakes or VA today. I highly doubt that Captain is scum here. Anex is playing extremely reserved so I can't really say if he is scum at this point. Stan/Ambulance seems town based on my read of Ambulance before he left and Vere/Randomless is mechanically clear for now at least but the way Vere has played this so far seems fine.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Re-reading Day 3 EC just kinda threw himself under the bus basically after one vote. VA placed a vote on him and I said I didn't really think he could be scum but then he pushed on Launch weirdly. I'm not sure what his play was but it was certainly different. I can't really say anyone forced the issue on him because he hung himself out to dry.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
The writing was really on the wall D1 huh?

No, I'm EvilChameleon.
865689127563427851.png

Yeah, EC is scum. Onto the next one.

Also the bigly and barely founded pressure Natiko put on Anex upon their entering the game feels like big points in their favour, it was the kind of push that could easily spiral into a typical D1 shit kill, might have if monkey wasnt quick on the defence.

Oct 26, 2017
Also the bigly and barely founded pressure Natiko put on Anex upon their entering the game feels like big points in their favour, it was the kind of push that could easily spiral into a typical D1 shit kill, might have if monkey wasnt quick on the defence.
I still don't know if that whole thing was a fabricated SvS feud or what.

Hard for me to tell me without timestamps but it doesn't really change how I felt about how the end of day went. Leaving it on EC for me seems like a very safe and non committal vote.
Welp, I can't deny it was definitely the safe vote. But yeah...EC was kind of asking to be voted out, and I've stopped trying to figure out why.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to re-visit this while we're all hanging out. I asked Anex if they'd be willing to target someone again tonight to prove their role if they survived being voted out:

If the group was willing to accept the risk, sure. And yes, it would be foolish to advertise my target.

I also didn't think this was a fair proposition to convince others to get me past the day phase, so I didn't bother proposing it.
Anyone else have thoughts on this? I've mad my position clear that I wish Anex had used their ability at least one other time so we could have someone else confirm it. At first I didn't want to push it if it could lead to a town death, BUT---someone check my math----regardless if Anex were to accidentally die or not, we have 3 days left still.

Today
Player 1 (Vote out D4)
Player 2 (NK N4)
Player 3 (Donut death N4)

Day 5
Player 4 (Vote out D5)
Player 5 (NK N5)

Day 6
Player 6
Player 7
Player 8

Right?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The writing was really on the wall D1 huh?

What do you have for us Stan, in the I don't like that person range?
I'd like to re-visit this while we're all hanging out. I asked Anex if they'd be willing to target someone again tonight to prove their role if they survived being voted out:

Anyone else have thoughts on this? I've mad my position clear that I wish Anex had used their ability at least one other time so we could have someone else confirm it. At first I didn't want to push it if it could lead to a town death, BUT---someone check my math----regardless if Anex were to accidentally die or not, we have 3 days left still.

Today
Player 1 (Vote out D4)
Player 2 (NK N4)
Player 3 (Donut death N4)

Day 5
Player 4 (Vote out D5)
Player 5 (NK N5)

Day 6
Player 6
Player 7
Player 8

Right?
Depends on the number of scum. With 2, we have 2 days left.

1 scum left: 7 town

D4: MV/NK->1;5
D5: MV/NK->1;3/2 (Donut Death)
D6: MV->dead either way

2 scum left: 6 town

D4:MV/NK/Donut Death->2;4(3)
D5: MV/NK->2;2

It seems like an extra person dying doesn't move the needle for Volo other than fighting over majority.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't know if that whole thing was a fabricated SvS feud or what.

Welp, I can't deny it was definitely the safe vote. But yeah...EC was kind of asking to be voted out, and I've stopped trying to figure out why.
Do you mean Monkey as the other S there, or Anex?
What do you have for us Stan, in the I don't like that person range?

It seems like an extra person dying doesn't move the needle for Volo other than fighting over majority.
Partly through this reread, the main bigly read i have that i feel comfortable saying before finishing is that Monkeys D1 feels bigly town to me,
i know Monkey and Nat could argue as SvS easily but that particulars of it evolving from a quick push and immediate intercept over Anex feels like a far too organic impetus for it. Unless something in Nekis play makes me walk this read back im pretty high on Neki being town via inheritance.

Between Anex being the catalyst of that exchange and how theyve describe their play about their role im also feeling more town on them as well

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
between those and what seems like an orgy of evidence for Launch's towniness im betting ill find scum reads more via PoE by the time im through.

Oct 26, 2017
Do you mean Monkey as the other S there, or Anex?

Partly through this reread, the main bigly read i have that i feel comfortable saying before finishing is that Monkeys D1 feels bigly town to me,
i know Monkey and Nat could argue as SvS easily but that particulars of it evolving from a quick push and immediate intercept over Anex feels like a far too organic impetus for it. Unless something in Nekis play makes me walk this read back im pretty high on Neki being town via inheritance.

Between Anex being the catalyst of that exchange and how theyve describe their play about their role im also feeling more town on them as well
Not Monkey as the other scum, but Anex. I'll go to the grave that Monkey/Neki is town.

Oct 26, 2017
^If that was the case, I think a monkey wrench got involved and diced it up, eventually leading to Nat backing off before he got too deep. But he did get pretty deep so I dunno. I'm still kinda leaning on letting Anex prove out their power.

OP
OP
MrHedin

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Stantastic (1 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #1,594

CaptainNuevo (1 votes)
anexanhume - #1,580

Not voting: Vincent Alexander, Neki, Stantastic, Verelios, Conditional-Pancakes, LaunchpadMcQ

Post Counts:
LaunchpadMcQ: 45 anexanhume: 30 Vincent Alexander: 24 Conditional-Pancakes: 16 Verelios: 15 Neki: 11 Stantastic: 9 CaptainNuevo: 6

Current Countdown:
3cotmdnn2t

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 26, 2017

Do you think it's worth Anex using their power tonight if they live?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think it's worth Anex using their power tonight if they live?
I very much doubt it matters. Just being honest at a surface level, having him prove his PR means needing Anex to get to Volo in three days if we haven't won yet, or tomorrow with 1 person claiming the message (if scum have 2 players; and there will be WIFOM here). At that point, we either trust Anex or we don't and him proving his PR is a moot point. At least, it's not immediately important to me.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I'd just like to take a moment and say that THIS is what a good post during this day is.

Is it, though? I don't agree at all. Because all the context has been deliberately omitted. To me, it seems to be closer to a manipulation attempt than an objective analysis. Just look at the part addressing the moment I voted for Bojack. It's framed in a way to make one think that I suspiciously said something and then the opposite right after without any sort of reasons. Conveniently omitting the fact that I repeated a bunch of times (like here, for just a quick example) that I would be willing to vote elsewhere if there was a better case. Because remember, most of us agreed to collaborate with people we were reading as town at that point. So when Launch (someone that I was heavily reading as town) posted this, it was indeed something I thought was interesting enough for me to consider switching if the people I mostly trusted also wanted to go in that direction.

And I've said the above a few times already. But sure, let's frame it like in Neki's posts...

I read Neki's analysis posts a few times already, and they come out to me as so strange and so potentially manipulative and malicious that if I wasn't so convinced that Monkey was town, I think I would be putting a vote on Neki right now.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm not going to be able to grab every single post that you posted because that's going to take too long. I'm going to take the posts that seemed off to me so that's what I grabbed. I wasn't there for D1 and D2 and all of you were so if people think you're making a suspect post, I hope that they would in good faith to to the actual post and read the context of what was being said. Collabing with town even though you don't know who is scum and who is town at that point isn't a strong enough argument for me. You were highly skeptical on D1 and then on D2 you were open to voting with whoever you could find, that's why it doesn't sit right with me. What changed from D1 and D2 that made you much more trustworthy to follow VA?

You're also ignoring all the points I made about you constantly shading the D1 votes having by saying it was a scum vs scum situation or giving a weak town read to someone who had already flipped town (Donnie).

Don't scum read me because I'm scum reading you.

Pancakes comes into the thread, shading basically all the vote getters at EoD Day 1. Lone_Prodigy, Zipped, EC, Launchpand, Random and Captain. EC and Zipped are confirmed town at this point and I highly doubt Launch is scum so that leaves Random/Captain who had one vote each. Don't really like the comment, looks like a great comment because Nat is well protected within the LP train with no scrutiny on him.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Oh wow...

Don't scum read me because I'm scum reading you.

I would do the exact same if you were talking the same way exclusively about VA, for example. I'm not scum reading you because you're scum reading me, lol! I'm questioning your intent because what you write seems heavily disingenuous.

Stuff like this:

You were highly skeptical on D1 and then on D2 you were open to voting with whoever you could find, that's why it doesn't sit right with me. What changed from D1 and D2 that made you much more trustworthy to follow VA?

Skeptical about what? And voting with whoever I could find? What?

The very first post I made on day two had me town read VA. Come on...
And I'm sure you'll find that me trusting Launch with the events that happened during day 2 cannot be such a deep mystery.

You're also ignoring all the points I made about you constantly shading the D1 votes having by saying it was a scum vs scum situation or giving a weak town read to someone who had already flipped town (Donnie).

I'm ignoring this because it doesn't make any sense to me. I read it few times and 'm not even sure what you mean by this. Shading who? Shading how? It's so strange.

And about Donnie, I've said at least twice during the first day that I had a tentative town read on them. I mean, come on...

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
If you come into the thread and muse that it may have been a SvSvT vote then you're naturally shading anyone who was getting votes at the end of Day 1 And when say shading, I mean that you are putting them in a bad light so they're more likely to get scum read. That's the term I'm using when people try to make other looks more scummy / un-townlike. It means you're implying LP didn't want to vote anywhere else because they were all his teammates. I feel like you're purposely misreading what I'm saying or unknowingly being obtuse because everyone else seems to understand the angle I'm coming from.

I too am currently inclined to believe the end of day 1 might have been a SvSvT situation. But is it me or the general consensus seems to point toward a scum Zipped more than a scum EC? And I just can't understand why. Especially with EC's latest posts. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any real opinion about Zipped one way or another, but I wouldn't be ready to vote for him over EC. Something seems off.

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Lone_Prodigy (4 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #388 #569
Natiko - #465

Kopite - #521 #531
Donniewahlberg - #574
Dr. Monkey - #604
LaunchpadMcQ - #605

Zippedpinhead (2 votes)
Randomless - #568
Dr. Monkey - #569 #604
BoJack Horseman - #599

EvilChameleon (2 votes)
Natiko - #125 #234
LaunchpadMcQ - #129 #426
Conditional-Pancakes - #327
Vincent Alexander - #547

CaptainNuevo (1 votes)
Randomless - #88 #329
anexanhume - #429

Randomless (1 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #509

LaunchpadMcQ (1 votes)
EvilChameleon - #440

Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
LaunchpadMcQ - #511 #605

Kopite (0 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #347 #509
Vincent Alexander - #411 #547
Randomless - #459 #513

Natiko (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #105 #388
EvilChameleon - #128 #440

anexanhume (0 votes)
Natiko - #234 #293

Conditional-Pancakes (0 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #165 #347
BoJack Horseman - #562 #599

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #114 #279

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow...

I would do the exact same if you were talking the same way exclusively about VA, for example. I'm not scum reading you because you're scum reading me, lol! I'm questioning your intent because what you write seems heavily disingenuous.

Stuff like this:

Skeptical about what? And voting with whoever I could find? What?

The very first post I made on day two had me town read VA. Come on...
And I'm sure you'll find that me trusting Launch with the events that happened during day 2 cannot be such a deep mystery.

I'm ignoring this because it doesn't make any sense to me. I read it few times and 'm not even sure what you mean by this. Shading who? Shading how? It's so strange.

And about Donnie, I've said at least twice during the first day that I had a tentative town read on them. I mean, come on...

I'm scum reading VA too but he hasn't responded to my posts say that I'm purposely misinterpreting him and being malicious with my posts. When I say skeptical is that you were there at EoD on D1 and you sat on the EC vote despite it looking like the entire vote was going to be a crapshoot because no one was willing to move anywhere. Launch and Monkey ultimately decided who got voted out D1 because they were willing to move and I would give them town credit for moving to make a decisive vote. Vere/Random claims they were willing to move but if they were LP's teammate they easily could have moved onto him to get some sort of town cred so I give slight credit there. I'm skeptical of anyone who was there at EoD on D1 and that's you and Anex because you both sat on your votes when it was looking like a bad vote. That's why I'm saying you were skeptical in comparison to your D2 where you were ready to move your vote wherever.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I didn't move my vote day 1 because I wasn't convince at all that LP was scum. It's as simple as that. It seemed to me at the time that he was mostly voted out simply because of a low post count, and it wasn't something I was convinced was the right thing to do.

And here's another example of why I think what you write is so manipulative:

That's why I'm saying you were skeptical in comparison to your D2 where you were ready to move your vote wherever.

The context (and what I said multiple times already) clearly doesn't show I was ready to vote "wherever", yet this is the narrative you insist on pushing.

But you do you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't move my vote day 1 because I wasn't convince at all that LP was scum. It's as simple as that. It seemed to me at the time that he was mostly voted out simply because of a low post count, and it wasn't something I was convinced was the right thing to do.

And here's another example of why I think what you write is so manipulative:

The context (and what I said multiple times already) clearly doesn't show I was ready to vote "wherever", yet this is the narrative you insist on pushing.

But you do you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean compared to D1 yes. You didn't bother pinging or asking anyone if they wanted to move to EC or move to another vote, you just sat there and let the vote go on by on D1. So in comparison to your D2, your D1 was much more skeptical and reserved. I don't think that's manipulative to say at all because that's what happened. You pinged Launch, asked if he wanted to move to Bojack, you asked VA if he wanted to move to Bojack, I was just wondering why you didn't want to do that on D1 to try to save LP if you didn't think he was scum?

This is what you did at EoD on Day 1:

Everyone always says that to me but I'm trying, I swear!

Is it because I'm engaging with the theme? I love a good theme, and I like having fun. What can I say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not somebody in the tentative town list I've mentioned, that's for sure. It's day 1, and I'm not comfortable to go into something more specific at the moment. Especially since EC very much IS in the equation and that I'm still convinced it's the good choice for town.

Aren't you afraid we will still end up talking about the same things concerning EC in the same way tomorrow too? And the day after? That's what I'm afraid off.

This is what you did at EoD on Day 2:

For future analysis, let me be clear that at this point my vote would still be on Random. Nobody really argued about the merits of voting elsewhere right now (which might or might not be worrying, I guess we'll see tomorrow.)

I don't currently place another vote on Random because I absolutely don't want the day to end prematurely.

Yeah, that's where I am too.

That's not true! I even said it might be all about perspective (here). You shouldn't take that as a evaluation of the way you play at all! Regardless of how you flip (maybe, the day isn't over yet) you played a great game I think! But IT IS a game of Mafia, what can you do? :)

LaunchpadMcQ

I'm OK to switch to Bojack if you're willing to vote there.

Agreed. Would you vote for Bojack too?

Alright, let's do this.

Vote: Bojack

Also, this morning Siri said, "Don't call me Shirley." It might be because I accidentally left my phone in Airplane mode.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Pancakes, we're clearly not seeing eye to eye on this and I don't fault you for that. I hope you aren't upset at my constant prodding of your play but I want to be thorough on people who I think could be scum. Just know that out of game I'm sure you're a wonderful person so don't take any of this personally if you think I'm actively being harmful to you in game because that is not my intent. I would like other people to weigh on your thoughts and my thoughts before going any further because it seems neither of us will budge on this.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Conditional-Pancakes The day phase ends in ~10 hours. Where is your head at? You're trying to defend yourself, but you haven't given us a name to look at. If you're not scum, then who is?

Vincent Alexander I need your thoughts on what Neki and I have been saying about Pancakes this day phase. Where do you stand?

OP
OP
MrHedin

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Stantastic (1 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #1,594

CaptainNuevo (1 votes)
anexanhume - #1,580

Not voting: Vincent Alexander, Neki, Stantastic, Verelios, Conditional-Pancakes, LaunchpadMcQ

Post Counts:
LaunchpadMcQ: 46 anexanhume: 31 Vincent Alexander: 25 Conditional-Pancakes: 20 Neki: 17 Verelios: 16 Stantastic: 9 CaptainNuevo: 6

Current Countdown:
3cotmdnn2t

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!