• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
picture1.png

Article Link

After two seasons on Epix, DC origin series series Pennyworth is plotting a move to HBO Max for a potential third season.

I hear negotiations between Epix and Pennyworth producer Warner Bros. TV are still ongoing, and they involve hammering out a deal for the existing two seasons of the show, which premiered on Epix, to also be available on HBO Max. If an agreement is reached, and there is a Season 3 pickup, I hear Epix would get a second window. Reps for Epix, WBTV and HBO Max declined comment.

The development is not surprising. Pennyworth was sold to MGM-owned Epix months before WBTV parent WarnerMedia announced plans to launch its own streaming service, which became HBO Max. Existing originals on Warner Bros. TV Group's platform DC Universe, including Harley Quinn and Titans, migrated to HBO Max, which was billed as a premium home for DC programming with an extensive upcoming slate of high-profile series such as Peacemaker, Green Lantern, Untitled Gotham City Police Department project, set in the same world as Pennyworth, and DC Superhero High.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
That's gotta be a potential huge boost to the show in viewership.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I read the title and was like they're making a show about Alfred? Then I read the first line of the article and was like holy shit they made a show about Alfred?!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's a pretty great show. You've got your man Alfie doing a pretty great impression of a young Michael Caine, it's got The Tories as the villains, and has similar production design quality to Gotham. Hope more people get to see it

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this a weird alt history series? Like with a full fascist UK in the '60s?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a pretty great show. You've got your man Alfie doing a pretty great impression of a young Michael Caine, it's got The Tories as the villains, and has similar production design quality to Gotham. Hope more people get to see it

From that description, I'm down to watch the show.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it one of those prequel series where basically all the future villains are born, are fought, and are defeated before their actual official time

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
From that description, I'm down to watch the show.
I would love to know how directly and deliberately the version of Alfred is based on Micheal Caine.

Obviously I could imagine him as a younger version of Alfred from the Nolan movies, but he's very similar to the performances that Caine did in earlier in his career.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
From research, no. Gotham is that series.
Aye, although worth noting that this does have the same creators at Gotham though. Although it's not tied to the same continuity, and for the most part so far has mostly original characters as villains. There's just Alfred, Martha (why did you say that name?!??) Thomas and a few other side characters from the comics.

I get the feeling that they're going to bring in more characters from the comics over time, but it's kinda doing it's own thing for the most part.