• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 23, 2019
I asked the leaker in Discord what he thought of the gameplay and this is what he had to say:

It felt tedious. Sam hitches up on anlot of tony rocks so it braks the flow here and there, but its cool to ser up ladders and use ropes. Even more cool to see stuff left by people. The walking makes it tedious, timefall are essentially the stealth moments, a lot of the time ur screwed if ur driving cause the weather damages it.

Asked him how he'd rate the gameplay from a scale of 1-10 so hopefully he responds.
Yeah this doesnt sound like its for me.
Still gonna wait for Reviews but yeah tedious gameplay turns me off.
If reviews arent great Sony must be sweating.
All that money for Kojimas project

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That Mr Throwaway is full of shit, a guy on discord just said he doesn't even have a game, he has a "source".

Meh.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not looking at any spoilers but, are the gameplay complaints being silenced? Big Kojima fan since MGS3, I cant even comprehend a Kojima game that doesn't have great gameplay

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Even if the leaks are true I don't see why some are panicking.

The only disappointing I have read so far is not going to the moon. And I guess the 5 figures in the sky not really having a role.

Stuff like not liking the gameplay is all subjective. We already knew lots of people won't like the fact that the game is not an action game and has a huge focus on planning ahead, walking, traversal and micromanagement.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
I've never given a shit about story or any of Kojimas nonsense in his past games, but the GAMEPLAY is usually great and he perfected it in MGSV. The impressions make it sound like he fucked that up in this game and that I find amazing if true, for all the wrong reasons. There's some things you can rely on in life such as everyone hating Liverpool FC except Liverpool FC fans, Kojima making great gameplay was another one. :(

Still getting it though, I do like games where you just walk around and explore.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
So it sounds like all my worst fears are coming true. There is no magical hidden gameplay they weren't showing. No incredible boss battles. Crazy shit going down that makes the whole game tense. Some gameplay revelation where the online strand idea is a game changer. it all sounds like it's just boring basic stuff. Well maybe now my expectations drop a lot and I can enjoy the game if it's not all boring.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Couldnt it just be...these guys suck at the game at first??

I would imagine it's like trying to get a SSS combo in DMCV on your first day with the game. I've already seen boots and abilities that change up the gameplay.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious if the general sentiment around this game will be that it's very tedious or if we are only hearing the negative word of mouth stuff. Is any leaker enjoying the gameplay ?

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
received_2524745510947014.jpeg

This guy is a YouTuber btw, close to a mil subs. I'm in his Discord, it's all legit. Stuff he posted:

y5u46u.PNG

7505.PNG
So he's really dumb to post this with his real nickname, i don't think he will receive anymore review code anytime soon

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ye stay safe my man.
For sure my dude ^^

vestan

my dude, what does this mean?

Like, stealth your way and avoid all encounters?!
If you kill an enemy, 48 hours after death they'll go into necrosis and after that they will voidout, making a fresh BT and a crater. This applies to any enemy that is killed with a gun meaning if you kill an enemy, you HAVE to dispose of their body by taking them to Chiral Crematoriums located high in the mountains and burn their body. The reason they're so high up is because Chiral Smoke is dangerous to go over a city which can cause Timefall.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Oh god with every new impression it gets worst. The Minecraft crowd?! That's exactly what I hate about games these days. I don't love BOTW because it's just too open and free (still the game was great cause gameplay was superb). What is kojima doing?!

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Kojima and Sony targeting Minecraft players.

100 million copies sold confirmed!

Shirrako saying it is a very long game goes against the original Discord leaker. He said it was about 30 hours.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Also Mr Throwaway is posting new pics, there's no doubt in my mind that he know someone with the game so what he's saying is legit.

1CK5uIP9TKequKizNFve0A.png

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god with every new impression it gets worst. The Minecraft crowd?! That's exactly what I hate about games these days. I don't love BOTW because it's just too open and free (still the game was great cause gameplay was superb). What is kojima doing?!

Did you expect this to be some straight up action adventure game from everything they've shown? You're also hinging everything on what one person is saying.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Fast travel using Fragile's Umbrella (like Kojima said at TGS)

ZOkTssy.png

Aug 26, 2019
About what you'd expect for a game that's only been in development for 3 years.

Anyone expecting more was setting themselves up for disappointment.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Did you expect this to be some straight up action adventure game from everything they've shown? You're also hinging everything on what one person is saying.

I expected a game with genius gameplay ideas. Something where it starts as a simple premise but grows and grows more and more complex to the point where the entire world is filled with crazy gameplay situations and ideas. You know a KOJIMA GAME. Great bosses. Great mechanics.

And yes there is hope that it's one person but he is describing everything I wish it wasn't. Subjective part is do you like wandering around walking but what he is describing is objective, you don't do much of anything but travel. Did he finish the game? Maybe the last half is totally different like some have been hinting.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I expected a game with genius gameplay ideas. Something where it starts as a simple premise but grows and grows more and more complex to the point where the entire world is filled with crazy gameplay situations and ideas. You know a KOJIMA GAME. Great bosses. Great mechanics.

And yes there is hope that it's one person but he is describing everything I wish it wasn't. Subjective part is do you like wandering around walking but what he is describing is objective, you don't do much of anything but travel. Did he finish the game? Maybe the last half is totally different like some have been hinting.

The thing is we have seen boss battles in the trailers that look pretty crazy. Particularly the Orca / Tentacle Slug thing. I mean sure maybe the mechanics of the encounter may not be interesting, but that is hard to believe. Kojima has created some of the best boss battles in gaming, and the designs at least look crazier than anything he has done before. I also think this is doing something different...the aesthetic is also incredible as usual...up with films like the new Blade Runner. In this aspect I think Kojima should get a lot of praise...This game has already shown it has incredible art.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
If leaks are positive:

"Yeah, Kojima GOAT!!!"

If leaks are negative:

"Fake leaks, guy is probably just bad at the game"

Regardless:

Era continues to be terrible place to discuss video games.

Gameplay Impressions #4
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So Mr. Throwaway was talking about how Death Stranding as a game doesn't really do anything new. Like the concept itself isn't new at all. It's something that combines a number of different features together. Jox (the other leaker) also said the same thing.

Bear in mind that he hasn't finished the game yet, though I was kinda expecting stuff outside of Voidouts/Hades to really exemplify the whole Social Strand System Kojima talks talking about. Looks like it doesn't really go anywhere.

Also Jox found Hades really disappointing. Throwaway is saying that Hades is just pure gunplay.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Hideo Kojima's Minecraft has a nice ring to it.

Honestly I hope Kojima fans and casual fans find alot of enjoyment here. So far it's not crazy enough to be for me lol

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
So Mr. Throwaway was talking about how Death Stranding as a game doesn't really do anything new. Like the concept itself isn't new at all. It's something that combines a number of different features together.

Bear in mind that he hasn't finished the game yet, though I was kinda expecting stuff outside of Voidouts/Hades to really exemplify the whole Social Strand System Kojima talks talking about. Looks like it doesn't really go anywhere.

It is funny because that is often what something new is...For instance Darwin was inspired by Malthus when he came up with the idea of survival of the fittest...Most innovation comes from inspiration, often from outside your field...

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
So Mr. Throwaway was talking about how Death Stranding as a game doesn't really do anything new. Like the concept itself isn't new at all. It's something that combines a number of different features together. Jox (the other leaker) also said the same thing.

Also Jox found Hades really disappointing. Throwaway is saying that Hades is just pure gunplay.

This is what I was expecting. I thought this social strand and void out thing would be at the core of what makes this game unique. And it's sad that it sounds like it doesn't really add anything.

Bear with me people I'm just adjusting my expectation from what I wish was GOTY to now something I figure I probably will still like but find lots of issues with.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Dunno how some people still expect action game at this point.
I'm excite to get a hand on this ^^ Environment design looks incredible.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
The previews had me worried this game was everything wrong with MGSV dialed up to 10.
This was my worry from what we have been shown so far. There is literally nothing interesting in the environments shown to want to explore other than the glowing waypoints going into the sky.
e: even the two places he goes to in the previews are just grey blocky buildings that blend into the environment.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I remember reading Kojima saying whether or not you run into things on your travels depends on what route you take, like a shorter route could have more enemies or you can play it safe and take a longer route or something like that

I can't pull the quote cuz I don't remember where I read it so I could be talking out of my ass