• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer. December 5th on all platforms.

Will update OP as new supplementary information shows up.

DNZt9ZHVwAAKlAC.jpg:large

https://youtu.be/myZ_U13uNZk?t=3m33s

There is new crucible gameplay footage that Byf somehow has, it shows the Telesto, I timestamped the starting point for the little bit that shown.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-30-our-first-look-at-destiny-2-expansion-curse-of-osiris

Main News Points:

Level cap from 20 to 25
Power level from 300-330 (335 will be the new max with mods)
Female ghost named Sagira as a new character
Brother Vance returns and joins Ikora to guide you through the story and new Mercury patrol area
New raid activity

"Players will be able to level up to 25 and boost their Power Level from the current max of 300 up to 330 (with legendary mods presumably still able to push you five levels beyond that).

The Curse of Osiris will introduce Sagira (voiced by Firefly and Homeland's Morena Baccarin), a new female Ghost which belonged to Osiris before she became separated from him. Destiny: House of Wolves character Brother Vance, who previously organised the Trials of Osiris tournament, will also return as part of the story.

Vance and Vanguard warlock leader Ikora, once Osiris' pupil, will help guide you through the Infinite Forest - "a simulated reality in the middle of time, controlled by the Vex" - Mercury's new patrol zone.

The expansion will reveal new information on the Vex, with details on what they've been doing through time and space throughout Destiny up til now. Does it have something to do with milk?

As previously announced, the DLC will add "a new quest, new missions, new strikes, new adventures, and the new raid activity". Does that mean a whole new raid? "A new raid activity," Bungie repeated."
Curse of Osiris – Stream One – New Stories to Tell

11022017_twitch_new_stories_to_tell.jpg

11AM Pacific, Wednesday, November 15 Learn about the places you'll go, the characters you'll meet, and the enemies you'll fight.

Curse of Osiris – Stream Two – New Ways to Play

11022017_twitch_new_ways_to_play.jpg

11AM Pacific, Tuesday, November 21 Watch us preview some of the new activities that will challenge you and your Fireteam.

Curse of Osiris – Stream Three – New Gear to Earn

11022017_twitch_new_gear_to_earn.jpg

11AM Pacific, Wednesday, November 29 Inspect the new inventories and see it all in action on a brand new Crucible map.
Many members of the Bungie development team will be in the hot seats to tell you all about what they've been working on. We hope you'll join us to be a part of the moment and sound off in chat.
- New PS4-exclusive Crucible map: Wormhaven
- "New raid content"

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Couple unanswered questions for me --

1. what is the content? It looks like at least a SP story mission (series) to talk / meet Osiris, but is there more? A raid? A strike? A new PVP map/mode?
2. is it releasing simultaneously on all 3 platforms?
3. Any quality of life changes?
4. Does season 2 of clans start with DLC 2 drop? Is there any real point to clan seasons, season 1 was extremely underwhelming.
5. Is light level cap going up?
6. Whats the new gear and where do you get it?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't be interested until they detail what's in it. Getting to see Osiris in action was cool though.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The trailer was rad. I'm super happy Bungie is actually moving the Destiny story forward and finally featuring characters they've only mentioned in passing. As for the actual expansion, I hope the content is good. I'm afraid that the Patrol Zone for Mercury will be another tiny "land mass" like Titan is in D2.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is this the future of Destiny? Bite-sized experiences you get bored of within a month until the next expansion comes out, rinse and repeat?

Bethell

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't seem very substantial, just like the game itself right now. Fingers crossed I guess.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Osiris looked cool and confirmed warlock is the best class. Otherwise it didn't do anything for me. Need to see some details on what the DLC actually brings.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Couple unanswered questions for me --

1. what is the content? It looks like at least a SP story mission (series) to talk / meet Osiris, but is there more? A raid? A strike? A new PVP map/mode?
2. is it releasing simultaneously on all 3 platforms?
3. Any quality of life changes?
4. Does season 2 of clans start with DLC 2 drop? Is there any real point to clan seasons, season 1 was extremely underwhelming.
5. Is light level cap going up?
6. Whats the new gear and where do you get it?

It's the first reveal man. Surely this or at least most will be answered in the weeks to come.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In an era where games like Overwatch, Rocket League, Rainbow Six: Siege, Halo 5, Titanfall 2, etc. get meaty updates for free, I can't get behind these DLCs shortly after launch that scream "a good share of this content was ready before launch". To each their own though.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? I'm surprised you're usually on of the more excited people when it comes to Destiny.

The story seems interesting, guessing they wanna save the true reveal for one of their streams.

Thought the trailer had the production value of one of D1´s free events. SRL or the dawning or something.

This does not look like the next big chapter in the Destiny 2 universe.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling a lot of the changes from feedback won't hit until expansion 2. Will be interesting to see what is included in this first expansion beyond the story content and patrol zone.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It looked alright. I was a MASSIVE fan of Destiny 1 and even I'm not sold on this DLC. Better bring with it a host of fixes to entire game systems from the loot, armor, mods and Power Level or I'm not getting it.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
"friend or foe'
No. Nope. Knock it off. You haven't earned that. Just comes across as silly nonsense. Stop it.

Also not sure if paying for four DLCs a year is an improvement or not

Already bought this one though so a half-hearted yay I guess.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expansion 2 coming Autumn 2018. That can't be right, can it? 9 months between Expansion 1 and Expansion 2?

4OWFdCB.jpg

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
So is this the future of Destiny? Bite-sized experiences you get bored of within a month until the next expansion comes out, rinse and repeat?

Well we will have to see if this is like D1 expansion 1 with the Crota raid being added with a few strikes, crusible maps and guns or of its bigger closer to something like taken king.

Imo since we get a whole new player area on this I assume it will be somewhere in the middle.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If there's no raid it won't matter. People will blast through this content in 2 weeks and we'll be back to the drought.

tsef

Oct 28, 2017
I want Osiris ghost !
But yeah I hope we hear more about the actual content soon.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are any of those enemies new? They look really similar to stuff I've seen in the base game..

Factory41

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it looks cool and I'll definitely play it, but I just don't get hype about these like I did for D1. Frown.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In an era where games like Overwatch, Rocket League, Rainbow Six: Siege, Halo 5, Titanfall 2, etc. get meaty updates for free, I can't get behind these DLCs shortly after launch that scream "a good share of this content was ready before launch". To each their own though.

Release content shortly after launch = people complain that it should have been in the base game

Release content long after launch = nobody cares, expansion doesn't sell

Pudgybunny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for Egyptian themed stuff too. I get bored with a lot of the after story stuff because coordinating to play with people is so hard. I still haven't done the raid in the base game (I know it's nothing amazing but still).