• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
0PoH4NJ.png

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They also said there is a reason the game is set after DMC2 and people will figure that out when they play the game.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
This fucking GAME.

I've been waiting for this for almost eleven years, and every new thing I hear about it somehow sounds even better than the last.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully someone actually translates the interview.
Not much new stuff in there besides the ones already translated. To sum it up:

- Initial play tests have took around 15 hours to complete the game
- They might add more playable characters down the line if the demand is there
- There is a reason the game is set after DMC2 and you'll see that in the final game

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Not much new stuff in there besides the ones already translated. To sum it up:

- Initial play tests have took around 15 hours to complete the game
- They might add more playable characters down the line if the demand is there
- There is a reason the game is set after DMC2 and you'll see that in the final game
Thanks man I appreciate everything you post when it comes to DMC <3

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Don't need more characters. I would have been fine with just Dante, and a complete game where there's no shitty backtracking.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
Great news. Honestly, I'm fine with just having a complete game but the possibility of having extra playable characters makes me excited.

Keep the Vergil dream alive! GET MOTIVATED.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Sounds awesome. 15 hours is a lot longer than the usual DMC game.

Also i demand ALL the warriors. Vergil, Lady, Trish, Lucia, Sparda, Nico, Morrison, Arkham, Arius, Donte and Crew Cut.

Everyone is here!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
more stuff from the korean press

I don't know if some of these are new or already known info

-you cannot turn off your ID in shared mutiplay. If you don't want to play with other people you can turn off this feature and you will play with other peopple's replay data or even dev team's replay.
-you can buy upto 8 devil breaker. The spare ones are kept by Nico. In the demo, devil breakers were scattered all over the map but in the full game you will set them up before mission start, or buy it from Nico.
-V was inspired by anime Babel II
-as for secrete stuff like hidden enemy, Istuno cannot go in to detail because it is indeed secret. But he can confirm there are hidden items and weapons in the game.
-enemy step was never intentional, and it was born more from like a bug/glitch. But the dev team liked it so they kept it in.

http://thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/4/?n=90203

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
-you can buy upto 8 devil breaker. The spare ones are kept by Nico. In the demo, devil breakers were scattered all over the map but in the full game you will set them up before mission start, or buy it from Nico.

This was half known half new to me. We know that the Breaker limit count goes up to 8 but not that the Breakers scattering over the map was a demo only thing.

The second line also makes me think we can only get Breakers during a mission from Nico and so it's more limited

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
15h sounds great. I'm just glad it's not gonna be horribly bloated like a lot of games these days.

I think they are not that stupid, but I hope too the reason is not a bad one.
The 4chan thing that stated he'd eat the fruit and becomes the king of hell, leaving the human realm forever.
Even if he only retires and leaves the shop to Nero and V, I wouldn't like that too much.
Hopefully we're just overthinking stuff and there is another connection to DMC2. Like Dante did something while being trapped in hell that may have led to that tournament around the crown stuff.