• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I believe "burger sauce" is called Thousand Island dressing.

Its like 1000 Island is unknown anymore.

Love it with steak fires!

Jul 16, 2020
Come on now. Fry sauce? That must be a regional thing. I'm in California, and have never heard of either.

81gx7NzjmdL._SX425_.jpg

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I like it but I don't miss it if it's not there.
My default is ketchup, mustard, and mayo, but if it's some special burger that has ranch or garlic aioli or something instead of the ketchup/mustard, that's even better.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I love Sam's channel.

There's a burrito joint here that makes burritos inspired by his channel. The moment i eat one I'm full as fuck.

Wish there was a burger place out here that did his burgers :(

Last edited:

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I like Thousand Island, if that's what Burger Sauce is.

Typically though, I prefer just mayo on my burger. I'll also add ketchup if there's no tomato on it.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
One thing that I noticed, many low tier fast food joints do not put mustard on burgers in NYC.

I remember noticing it on a road trip many years ago. McDonald's cheeseburgers had ketchup and mustard. That was wild to me lol.

The fuck you talking about? This shit ain't common.

Every major fast food joint has a version, man lol.

McDonald's, Shake Shack, In-O-Out, and so on.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
One thing that I noticed, many low tier fast food joints do not put mustard on burgers in NYC.

I remember noticing it on a road trip many years ago. McDonald's cheeseburgers had ketchup and mustard. That was wild to me lol.

Every major fast food joint has a version, man lol.

McDonald's, Shake Shack, In-O-Out, and so on.
What are talking about?

McDonald's is thousand island dressing and shake shake and in and out are regional. Don't act like you go in any restaurant and they have ketchup mustard and burger sauce at the table.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What are talking about?

McDonald's is thousand island dressing and shake shake and in and out are regional. Don't act like you go in any restaurant and they have ketchup mustard and burger sauce at the table.
No, not talking about condiments. It's a sauce. Sauces are everywhere in cooking and not just as bottled condiments. Although some condiment versions of it exists.

It's also mayo based so it won't be at the table anyway. Just google it, tons of recipes.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
No, not talking about condiments. It's a sauce. Sauces are everywhere in cooking and not just as bottled condiments. Although some condiment versions of it exists.

It's also mayo based so it won't be at the table anyway.
And still I say again it's not common, a few places might do it but the standard for a burger is ketchup, you're acting like it's everywhere.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I prefer just ketchup and mustard. A good 80/20 or 70/30 burger on a butter toasted bun is fatty enough...no need to add another tablespoon of oil to it.

I basically like my burger dressed like a McDouble. Ketchup, mustard, fresh onions, and pickles. I've tried all manners of fancy sauces, sauteed onions and mushrooms, but in the end I realized I just like to keep it simple.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm weird, I've always found that kind of stuff nasty.

I'll usually just use either hot sauce or BBQ sauce. A-1 is good as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Usually just mustard, if I'm making my own burgers.
Don't think I've ever heard of it as "burger sauce" or noticed it in stores, but I'm familiar with similar sauces on burgers at many restaurants.
It's pretty good.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Definitely. Walmart sells a version of it called Secret Sauce and it's so freaking good.

They also have knockoffs of ChickFilA Sauce and Polynesian Sauce.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
It's called thousand island and yes it's my preferred condiment for an American cheeseburger, which is probably my favorite thing to eat in the world.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Yall need to try comeback sauce

Yeah, the stuff I've always enjoyed was closer to this than a "true" burger sauce.

A1 is good, especially the thick version. Sometimes I'll make a quick spread of mayo, garlic, lemon juice, and a bunch of pepper. Preferably at least a few hours before making the burgers but ideally a day in advance so the flavors really meld together.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ketchup or BBQ sauce. I like Big Macs but it's not a regular order for me. At places like shake shack I always get it without their sauce. Not big into Mayo or stuff made with it.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I like Shack Sauce quite a bit, anything that veers closer to thousand island is a no go for me, though. I'm weird about textures in my food. I generally make my own kinda burger sauce with BBQ sauce, mayo, chipotle powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's usually fine. Most of the time I put ketchup & mayo on my burgers anyways. BBQ sauce can be good sometimes too depending on the burger. No mustard though.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
11277-0w470h470_English_Mustard.jpg

English mustard spread on the bottom bun, Heinz ketchup on the cheese, before the top bun goes on.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
+mayo
+splash o pickle juice (grillos hot pickles)
+ketchup or siracha

mix that together. Its a good burger sauce.

Oct 27, 2017
No NJ and they don't put anything on the burger, condiments are optional. But if you order a burger they don't throw some slop on their by default.
That's very much the exception to the rule. I don't know of a single place where they serve plain burgers and you put condiments on it. From fast food to sit-down restaurants, you order the burger you want and it comes with all the toppings, including condiments. I mean one local place has 17 burgers on their menu. All you can do is add ketchup, mustard and whatever else they put on the table?
I'm sorry but I must add New Jersey to the list of states I never want to visit.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
That's very much the exception to the rule. I don't know of a single place where they serve plain burgers and you put condiments on it. From fast food to sit-down restaurants, you order the burger you want and it comes with all the toppings, including condiments. I mean one local burger place has 17 options on the menu. All you can do is add ketchup, mustard and whatever else they put on the table?
I'm sorry but I must add New Jersey to the list of states I never want to visit.
tenor.gif
We don't want you here either.