• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Make Your Friday Pizza Selection

• Dominos

Votes: 193 27.0%
  • Little Caesar’s

Votes: 32 4.5%
  • Pizza Hut

Votes: 64 8.9%
  • Papa John’s

Votes: 53 7.4%
  • Local Pie Joint

Votes: 360 50.3%
  • I don’t like pizza (what’s wrong with me?)

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • I have no local choices so I go chain

Votes: 12 1.7%

• Total voters

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
The Domino's near me is always pretty decent, and convenient when I want a cheap/quick fix. That said, 9 times out of 10, local's blows chain pizza out of the water.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Domino's in Ireland and UK are going after the premium market. They use higher quality ingredients and are far better pizza than the other chains. But you pay for it. 2 small 9.5 inch Pizza are €18.99.

The small local ones are okay depending on how you like your charcoal.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
Ohhhh!

I read the title wrong, I thought the thread title meant Dominos sucks the thread like Dominos slurps the thread into its mouth. So I came in to see what's this about but it's actually Dominos Sucks: The Thread

On topic: Since moving to Korea, I've found Domino's here has been adapted to fit the local tastes, which makes sense because it's meant for locals. Most foreigners here do not like Korean-style pizzas because it can be so different from Neapolitan and American-style pizzas they're used to, and such a drastic change to something you've grown up eating can be hard to get accustomed to, so I understand the criticisms.

I've never had a problem with it and I liked the variations but maybe it's because I'm Korean-Canadian and grew up with Korean food. It's one of the more higher-priced chains here, but it has lots of offers and tastes better so usually it's 25-30% more money compared to ordering from local pizza chains like Pizza Maru, Pizza School etc.

If I'm craving some American-style pizza I hit up this place in Gangnam which serves brick oven NY-style pizzas cooked with US ingredients, I visit it often enough the ajumma who owns it has come to know me by name and is very nice to me.

Last edited:

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Little Caesar's and Domino's was the go to pizza places when I was in college lol. Little Caesar's for the $5 pie for yourself. And Domino's because it was the only thing that still delivered til 3 am. I try to diversify my pizza tastes nowadays but I grew up on that stuff and my family usually orders it because they're relatively cheaper when buying for a family.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
one of the few local pizza places we have is a kebab pizza shop that does a swedish-style banana curry thing
otck57.jpg

it's pretty great but probably not what people are looking for when they think "local pizza"

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand the unrelenting Domino's love. Too. Fuckin'. Saucy.

It's pizza, there should be more cheese if anything.

And that's why I'll forever and always be a PH guy.

(If I have to.) And yes, I know about Chicago/deepdish. But they ain't going for that at all.

Edit* above has pepperoncini? Winner.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Dominos are actually pretty good in the UK, I feel no guilt getting something from there if I feel like it. I suppose cost is a factor, they are a bit more; but again, I dont mind paying on the occasion.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
In the UK, Dominos is absolutely mind bendingly good to me. Like, unbelievable flavour. Pizza Hut is so bad by comparison.

But then McDonalds in the US also tastes like absolute trash to me so I'm inclined to believe there's a difference between our fast food places.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It's certainly not the best but it's leagues ahead of Pizza Hut and Papa John's in the UK.

I have no idea how Papa John's even became a chain, that pizza is just fucking terrible.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly not the best but it's leagues ahead of Pizza Hut and Papa John's in the UK.

I have no idea how Papa John's even became a chain, that pizza is just fucking terrible.
It used to be a lot better. Pizza chains are racing to the bottom with their ingredient quality though. Old Papa Johns was really good pizza.

These days I just get local stuff etc. LaRosas and Jet's Pizza.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
I really do think it depends on the store where you live. Dominos and Papa John's are absolute trash where I am.
I suspect this is true, though I've lived in four very different places here in the UK in last few years and my anecdotal, of course, evidence is that Domino's has been consistent in quality. I have only tried Papa John's once - it was worse than a Happy Shopper 49p pizza that was out of date.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
As a teenager living in nj I'd often go on adventures with friends where we would drive to random towns and try their local pizza joints. Even the small towns deep in the sticks had good ass pizza. It was great.

Yeah bud, we were pretty fortunate. I was lucky as shit to grow up in central jersey where we had a good pizza place around every corner. I'd never claim we had incredible pizza like NYC obviously had, but Monmouth County had some freaking amazing pizza.

Where did you grow up bud?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Those chain pizzas definitely can't beat a local one, but if I do opt for the chain option then imo pizza hut is the winner.
Sure, it makes you want to die afterwards with that insane amount of grease, but while eating it fresh it's pretty good with that fatass dough

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Local pie joints are better. Full stop.

The Pizza Hut where I live is especially nasty, not sure what they put in their pizza's look/taste that way, but I'm pretty sure it's how Mondo Burger makes their burgers in Good Burger.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Dominoes in the UK is quite good where I am but I always use a 40 or 50% off voucher.
Eating in at a chain though and I would prefer Pizza Hut (can't get it delivered near me)

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean clearly local joint but Domino's truly isn't that bad. I always scoffed at it but then I actually had it again a year or two back and they stepped their game up. I think in the last 5 or 1 years they changed some things and are actually sort of trying. I mean it's not that hard to make OK pizza so the other places really have no excuse.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
The regional chain Marco's here has really good pizzas, as does the local place Sambino's (but I go with calzones from there rather than pizzas).
Papa John's is next-best after those. Maybe some people out there have some bad Papa John's and some great Domino's and Pizza Huts, but it's the opposite here. After Papa John's is Pizza Hut, followed by Little Caesar's, and then Domino's in last place.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
My kids love this shit. We have ample pizza options of all varieties here in Chicago, but THIS is what they prefer when given the choice. My wife is working late so our plans changed and I decided to let them make the call.

WOW. Cardboard city with a nice artificial flavor to boot.

They enjoyed it and after one piece I just couldn't do it. I've ordered myself Lous, which will be here later. Do adults really like Dominos? This is a genuine question.
Domino's UK is great.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Of course I fucking prefer my local places to Dominos, but you know what I don't prefer? Paying 17 fucking dollars for a 14 inch pepperoni pizza. Dominos 5.99 deal - we get the cheesy bread and a pan pizza comes out to like 13 bucks for pickup and feeds us for two days. They're easily the best of the big 3 chains and they're cheap.