Votes: 121 20.3%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 234 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
They should sue his ass. It was a corny dumb move to use his likeness in the first place. I'm surprised snoop hasn't come out and said anything if he hasn't already.
Snoop doesnt care. And that dude over tupac's estate will get nothing. There are several ai tupac tracks on youtube. Drake didnt release this on spotify/apple etc.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
www.billboard.com

Tupac Shakur’s Estate Threatens to Sue Drake Over Diss Track Featuring AI-Generated Tupac Voice

Tupac Shakur’s estate threatened a lawsuit against Drake over a diss track aimed at Kendrick Lamar featuring an AI-generated version of Tupac's voice.

Tupac Shakur's Estate Threatens to Sue Drake Over Diss Track Featuring AI-Generated Tupac Voice

In a cease-and-desist letter to Drake obtained exclusively by Billboard, the late rapper's estate says it is "deeply dismayed" and would "never have given its approval."
Wow almost like puppeteering an unrelated dead person for your petty rap beef is corny and lame

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
www.billboard.com

Tupac Shakur’s Estate Threatens to Sue Drake Over Diss Track Featuring AI-Generated Tupac Voice

Tupac Shakur’s estate threatened a lawsuit against Drake over a diss track aimed at Kendrick Lamar featuring an AI-generated version of Tupac's voice.

Tupac Shakur's Estate Threatens to Sue Drake Over Diss Track Featuring AI-Generated Tupac Voice

In a cease-and-desist letter to Drake obtained exclusively by Billboard, the late rapper's estate says it is "deeply dismayed" and would "never have given its approval."
What are they suing for? It's not on any streaming sites or available to buy. Are they also taking down all those 2pac AI songs on YouTube also?

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
What are they suing for? It's not on any streaming sites or available to buy. Are they also taking down all those 2pac AI songs on YouTube also?
this part, they clearly want to capitalize on the move. regardless of your opinion of the use of AI, it was a solid strategic move from Drake, I mean look at snoop he more or less laughed it off from the video he posted.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
It was never originally that though. If Future approached Kanye to diss Drake, he most likely did the same for Kendrick. Especially with the rumors that like that was just future. Which is why you had Travis Scott saying play like that on the rolling loud stage. He didnt hear the version with Kendrick, but the one with the 3rd verse with future.

It was never just those three, Kendrick's verse was one out of an entire album meant to diss Drake.
Apparently Like That never even originally featured Kendrick and had another Future verse before Kendrick joined.

Obviously people talked about "Big 3" because Kendrick mentioned it in his verse, but even the song where he said that wasn't just him dissing Drake.
Looks like I didn't do my homework missed this context. I just don't see where Chris Brown and Quavo fit into all of this since I've been seeing their name's pop up.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Looks like I didn't do my homework missed this context. I just don't see where Chris Brown and Quavo fit into all of this since I've been seeing their name's pop up.
Chris and Quavo have their own thing going on (Chris mad about a Karruche and Quavo dating 10 years ago). They were just brought up here since it was beef.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
www.billboard.com

Good, what a disgrace.

LTG

Nov 4, 2017
www.billboard.com

But but but disregarding the ethical implications and disapproval of AI use completely… the diss was funny!

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
www.billboard.com

In Wednesday's letter, however, the estate said that California's existing publicity right laws clearly outlaw something as blatant as Drake's use of Tupac's voice in "Taylor Made." King argued that the song had caused "substantial economic and reputational harm" by creating the "false impression that the estate and Tupac promote or endorse the lyrics for the sound-alike."

The estate also argued that the song was likely created using an AI model that violated the estate's copyrights by "training" on existing recordings of Tupac's music. The legality of using copyrighted "inputs" is another difficult legal issue that's currently being tested in several closely-watched lawsuits against AI developers, including one filed by major music publishers.

"It is hard to believe that [Tupac's record label]'s intellectual property was not scraped to create the fake Tupac AI on the Record," King wrote, before demanding that Drake also provide "a detailed explanation for how the sound-alike was created and the persons or company that created it, including all recordings and other data 'scraped' or used."

Wednesday's letter also pointedly highlighted that Drake himself has made previous objections to the use of his own likeness by others. In addition to last year's incident surrounding "Heart on My Sleeve" — which was quickly pulled down from the internet — King pointed to a lesser-known federal lawsuit in which Drake's attorneys accused a website of using his image without authorization.

"The ["Taylor Made Freestyle"] has generated well more than one million streams at this point and has been widely reported in the general national press and popular entertainment websites and publications," the estate wrote. "Without question, it is exponentially more serious and damaging than a picture of you with some other people on a low volume website."

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
www.billboard.com

Seems like a good thing. Keep his name out of your mouth etc

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yea as someone that's followed all this from a distance. If they actually sued over this it seems like this would be the precedent setting case for AI voices in music.

Hmm

Drake, by putting this out there, is securing the future of music against AI. Sacrificing for the greater good.

thanos-this-day.gif

Dec 31, 2017
That seems to be what it boils down to.

View: https://twitter.com/AlexNewsweekly/status/1781904982419394935

The beef from Ye and Drake stemmed from Ye screwing Drake over on a record iirc. Drake wrote for Ye. Ye promised he would give Drake a beat he wanted. He then took the beat and did that poop skippity poop stuff on it to shit on Drake wanting it or something like that.

Fake edit: I found the vid on it lmao

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@bars/video/7301456007639813422?lang=en

Lmfao

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Chris and Quavo have their own thing going on (Chris mad about a Karruche and Quavo dating 10 years ago). They were just brought up here since it was beef.

Ah, gotchu

Someone was already making AI Motown soul style versions of the Drake disses. I can't lie they went kinda hard too, had me thinking it was Team OVO themselves making it for marketing.

View: https://youtu.be/GUoJzJPKNEU?si=VEfdatytwT8NYcbD

View: https://youtu.be/g-1vzYLDVRM?si=JKslAuQgqWf0PFI6

View: https://youtu.be/T9FLEkF9XX4?si=bdQVCSnc24bj2Znr

These video thumbnails are so outta pocket lmfao

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe Pacs estate are getting in on the beef too, smh too many people ganging up on Drake now

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Someone was already making AI Motown soul style versions of the Drake disses. I can't lie they went kinda hard too, had me thinking it was Team OVO themselves making it for marketing.

View: https://youtu.be/GUoJzJPKNEU?si=VEfdatytwT8NYcbD

View: https://youtu.be/g-1vzYLDVRM?si=JKslAuQgqWf0PFI6

View: https://youtu.be/T9FLEkF9XX4?si=bdQVCSnc24bj2Znr

this killed me, the soul in the voice with "METROOOOOOO shut yo ho ass up"

AI is too powerful its over for niggas

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
The thing with Pac's estate that is very unfortunate - his family and loved ones aren't even the ones in full control and executors of his own estate. I don't know if there is still some unresolved foulness going on with it.

Tupac Shakur's Sister Accuses Tom Whalley of Embezzling her Mother's Trust

Tupac Shakur's sister notified a Los Angeles court in January 2022 that the executor of their late mother's estate would not comply with a court order.

www.billboard.com

Tupac’s Sister Says Trustee Still Has ‘Disregard For Transparency’

Tupac Shakur’s sister says the trustee of their late mother’s estate – music exec Tom Whalley – won't fully comply with a key court order.

www.rollingstone.com

Tupac's Sister Asks Court for Estate Audit, Blasts Trustee's 'Hide and Control Strategy'

Tupac's sister Sekyiwa Shakur says estate trustee Tom Whalley is "refusing" to detail trust assets amid her embezzlement lawsuit

Mopreme already expressed his disapproval, but if there was even any slight monetary value to gain we don't know that would it go towards Pac's family and loved ones at this point.

If Drake about that action and genuine with it, he should personally get in touch & contact the family directly. Clear up and apologize for any felt disrespect and violation.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Oct 27, 2017
this how I know this isn't a work. Everything is so bad that I can't believe anyone ran it by PR.

Ye is a pariah for branding. You bring a Nazi in to help take down a Jewish guy, and the first thing he does is take a picture signaling his support for a serial rapist to accompany one of the worst diss verses imaginable. Then does interviews exposing all the corniness that went into assembling this 20v1, only to help the 20 lose.
It serves those idiots right.

What kind of dumbass looks at Kanye in 2024, and thinks "yea, that's a man who still remembers the social media nuances of rap beef"? Of course this was going to blow up in their faces.

I hope scratching that "omg I'm finally working with Kanye!" itch was really worth it.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it let's get spicy

Who ARE the big 3?

Drake makes it in, at minimum cause of the goddamn years of hits and success.

Kendrick does too. The artistry, while still being very popular and all that.

J Cole never made sense for me there 🤷🏻‍♂️

Future is my guy. Future is probably the single most INFLUENTIAL artist around (of this gen). Pluto has a lot of sons out there (literally and figuratively). The guy is a master songwriter. Has that ear for hooks and flows, but of course he ain't really got bars like that.

Also, I love the guy, but gimme a break. He ain't fucking fried all day. Too old for alla that.

Is Kendrick influential?

Does Tyler the Creator have a place on this list?

Travis Scott? (I dig the guy, but it's easy to argue he's a branch off the Kanye tree, which could be of most everyone here I guess)

I do like that lil clip of Future feeling a type of way about all this Big 3 talk lmao.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1. Drake
2. Kendrick
3. Drake*

Or it's not a big 3, it's just a big 2 with Drake and Kenny. As far as popularity and stuff no one is really in the stratosphere of Drake and Kendrick imo.
I would argue most of the ppl credited as influenced by Future would fall under Wayne? idk.
* = reference to drake line in pushups

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Drake Kendrick and Kanye

if Kanye is disqualified for being an antisemite and completely fucking washed it's Drake Kendrick and Travis

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Drake Kendrick and Kanye

if Kanye is disqualified for being an antisemite and completely fucking washed it's Drake Kendrick and Travis
Big 3 I'd say is of that 2010 gen. So Kanye doesn't work imo. (His work in the 2010s is stuffed with classes, but I'd still say he's a different gen and all that)

And of course it isn't all time list either.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It was only a matter of time once the estate smoke came. It was never making it on DSPs but we all got a version of it at this point.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
The whole idea of the 'big 3' started with Drake, Cole and Kendrick. Nothing is changing that.

The new gen of rappers can have their own thing whenever they decide to step up

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The 3 best rappers of this gen? Drake Kendrick's and Cole easily. Future doesn't compute at all. He's an undeniably good song writer, but bar for bar, he's not even close to being in the same weight class as a rapper.

It's like saying Nelly is up there with Nas, Jay, and 3000

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't call it a win for Kendrick.

The track did what it was supposed to do. It's shock value will still be there on YouTube and reaction vids + discourse around the beef.
People are already spinning it as Drake showing a sign of weakness and folks were already mixed on the A.I. voices.
Being up on YouTube isn't a big deal imo. 7 Minute Drill is still on the site and it hasn't helped Cole afterwards.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
7 Minute Drill is still on the site and it hasn't helped Cole afterwards.
That hasnt helped Cole because he straight up apologized, took it off dsps, cheered Kendrick at his own festival and said his "jaw out". Not the same situation at all.

Taylor Made was never on dsps.

Only kendrick stans or drake haters are spinning this at a win for Kdot.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's Kendrick, Drake and j Cole. Drake obviously in the top spot.

The biggest winner from that era though is asap rocky, he fell off hard musically but his baby momma is billionaire Rihanna.