• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Darksiders 3 a 4/10? Yep just the latest reason why I find Edge to be a crap reviewer. Game is nowhere near that bad.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
You know that won't solve anything? If he disagrees strongly with the score, chances are, he is going to disagree strongly with the text too.
And disagreeing with a score does not make someone a "crap" reviewer. So? The only way they could possibly tell if "Edge" is a crap reviewer is reading the text, not glancing at a score. It seems to me, they don't really understand what reviews are and only cares about scores.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
No amount of text from whoever reviewed it will convince me that Darksiders 3 is a 4/10. The game isn't bad in any way, shape, or form.

So because you disagree with an arbitrary number that you don't even know the context of, they're "crap" reviewers? Maybe you don't understand reviews.

Also Edge use the full scale with 5 being average. 4 being a pass. It's English and doesn't use American grading patterns.

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
You know what would be nice?
A metroidvania/platformer with the asthetic beauty of Gris combined with the challenge and length of Celeste.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So because you disagree with an arbitrary number that you don't even know the context of, they're "crap" reviewers? Maybe you don't understand reviews.

Also Edge use the full scale with 5 being average. 4 being a pass. It's English and doesn't use American grading patterns.
Oh I fully understand reviews and giving Darksiders 3 the same score as you gave a piece of crap like Fallout 76 ain't cutting it. One of those game is clearly better than the other in both a technical and gameplay department and that isn't really debatable.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Darksiders 3 a 4/10? Yep just the latest reason why I find Edge to be a crap reviewer. Game is nowhere near that bad.
giphy.gif

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're a crap reviewer because you don't agree with one of their reviews?
Oh it's been FAR more than just one of their reviews. They have quite the history. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Darksiders 3, and Fallout 76 all 4/10 huh? Yeah sorry but I'll stick to other outlets for my reviews. Ones that actually know the difference between games that are broken and technical disasters.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh I fully understand reviews and giving Darksiders 3 the same score as you gave a piece of crap like Fallout 76 ain't cutting it. One of those game is clearly better than the other in both a technical and gameplay department and that isn't really debatable.

Do you know how opinions work?

On topic I'm curious to read the Ashen review. I was really excited for it but it left me cold for a number of reasons.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Oh it's been FAR more than just one of their reviews. They have quite the history. Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Darksiders 3, and Fallout 76 all 4/10 huh? Yeah sorry but I'll stick to other outlets for my reviews. Ones that actually know the difference between games that are broken and technical disasters.
Their scores aren't based on solely technical items. <5 isn't and shouldn't be reserved for just broken games but for games reviewers think are that bad.

Just a question, if you know you don't agree with Edge, why did you even enter this thread? Was it for attention?

On topic I'm curious to read the Ashen review. I was really excited for it but it left me cold for a number of reasons.
Agreed. It was one of the games I was most excited for and I just couldn't get into it. It felt sterile.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep fully know how opinions work. That IGN reviewer who gave Borderlands 2 VR a 3/10 was an opinion too. If you have a staff with opinions that a game like Fallout 76 is no worse than a game like Shadow of the Tomb Raider then quite frankly I don't care about your opinion.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their scores aren't based on solely technical items. <5 isn't and shouldn't be reserved for just broken games but for games reviewers think are that bad.

Just a question, if you know you don't agree with Edge, why did you even enter this thread? Was it for attention?

Agreed. It was one of the games I was most excited for and I just couldn't get into it. It felt sterile.
You are defending their opinions yet questioning and trying to silent mine. Funny.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Yep fully know how opinions work. That IGN reviewer who gave Borderlands 2 VR a 3/10 was an opinion too. If you have a staff with opinions that a game like Fallout 76 is no worse than a game like Shadow of the Tomb Raider then quite frankly I don't care about your opinion.
Reviews aren't for you then.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there is a game that is the leader overall in GOTY awards right now missing from this list. That kinda makes you question them.
You don't really like other people's opinions, I guess?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's called not liking Edge's opinion. Why do people like you try to make something bigger than it is? They have a long history of giving out questionable scores.
You also have some history of questionable posts about God of War and other games when it comes to GOTY stuff. But thats ok

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No more so than anyone here that likes RDR2. But let's not get off topic here and try to bring up other things.
Well im probably not hanging around enough here to see other poster getting banned and praising RDR 2 or GoW to high heavens , but you dude were banned couple times in a row in the span of what ? A week?

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Really?
No, they have a long history of using the full scale review and some people not understanding it and getting mad over nothing

History repeats itself i guess
Isn't a 4 a 4? Maybe I'm out of touch with recent media but all the magazines I grew up with used a 1 to 10 scale when reviewing games.

A 4 used to be rewarded to games that where bad. Darksiders 3 isn't Goty material but hardly bad

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well im probably not hanging around too much, but you were banned couple times in a row in the span of what ? A week?
Again that has nothing to do with this topic and one of those was due to an accident on my part of something I didn't realize I did. The ban was pretty much lifted because of it. You really need to stop trying to make personal attacks here.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Again that has nothing to do with this topic and one of those was due to an accident on my part of something I didn't realize I did. The ban was pretty much lifted because of it. You really need to stop trying to make personal attacks here.
Alright, and you need to relax, lol

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Second time DS gets a real low score, and I feel like I'm not surprised. Maybe the game tries to be one thing or another but end up failing. I though of that after the recent patch they made.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Darksiders 3 has a Metacritic of 64 for the PS4 version, with 28 mixed and 10 negative reviews. Edge aren't in the minority in not thinking it a particularly great game.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017

Just going back to it, a review isn't just a metric of how broken the game is or isn't. They can dislike both equally for different reasons.

Also that doesn't seem out there to me? Even if we were to go by consensus, F76's metacritic was around the mid fifties and darksiders was in the mid sixties, so there was probably a lot of overlap in scores.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Perhaps. I haven't played it and have no real
Opinion on its quality. Just chiming in with respect to that comment equating a 4/10 from Edge to a 7/10 from other reviewers.
It depends on what grading scale is used. Edge don't use the American grading scale where D is a 60, they use the scale where 40 is a D.