• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
is in final negotiations to join Marvel Studios' "Secret Invasion," the hot original series quickly coming together at Disney Plus.

The "Game of Thrones" headliner's role is naturally under wraps, and marks her first foray into the Marvel universe. She joins previously-reported cast Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Kingsley Ben-Adir, and Olivia Colman.

Marvel Studios declined to comment on the matter. Reps for Clarke did not immediately comment on the matter.

"Secret Invasion" was announced as a development property last year, one of Marvel's many planned titles for Disney Plus. Jackson is reprising his MCU role of Nick Fury, while Mendelsohn will play the Skrull Talos as he did in the feature film "Captain Marvel." "

variety.com

Emilia Clarke Joins Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ at Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE)

"Game of Thrones" lead Emilia Clarke is the latest A-lister to join the Marvel Studios series "Secret Invasion" at Disney Plus

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
and to think, I made this just yesterday

image.png

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
That's good for her. Unfortunately my interest in this casting was greatly overshadowed when I misread Kngsley Ben-Adir as Ben Kingsley and thought for a split second that Trevor was coming back.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to her. She's had some big roles for established franchises, only for the movies to be crap. Can't say it's bad luck, since GoT was such a hit. But it is kinda bad luck lol.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Oh nice, very excited to see her in a role that gives her something to do and expresss.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yessssss, love me some Khaleesi.

Now her character needs to hang out with the Eternals so we can have Jon and her together. 🥲

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
WhereAreMySkrulls.gif

I'm curious who she'll be. Besides Mephisto, I mean.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me feels like they would want Clarke as someone with a bit more staying power than Veranke, but who knows

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone wanting her to join Aquaman 2.....meanwhile she's getting that Disney money & not joining a messy universe.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand I like Emilia and am happy she's in the MCU

...on the other hand I'd prefer they casted her into a bigger role in one of the movies

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Oh, so this is live-action? Damn. That's exciting. I was under the impression that it was a cartoon spin-off like the What If anthology.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Awsome. I think she's a great actress who has just had some bad roles. She near-single-handedly carried the final season of GoT, and I loved her as Qi'Ra in Solo.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand I like Emilia and am happy she's in the MCU

...on the other hand I'd prefer they casted her into a bigger role in one of the movies
I think Gemma Chan going from Captain Marvel main cast to the Eternals main character shows that previous castings (particularly in a makeup/CGI-heavy role) don't preclude them for other, future roles. So we'll see how it works out - hard to say without even knowing what her role is gonna be here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The cast for Secret Invasion is impressive

Samuel L Jackson, Ben Mendelson, Kingsley Ben-Adi, Olivia Colman, Emilia Clarke