• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/random-thoughts-5-15-2018/

Emily, you said there's a Pokemon title releasing on Switch in 2018. What should we expect from it?
In July 2016, Pokémon Go launched, and became a massive phenomenon, having been downloaded more than 500 million times worldwide by the end of that year. Then, by 2017, overall download numbers increased to over 750 million a year. This all leads to a much bigger question: What lessons should Game Freak and Nintendo learn from Pokémon Go's success? How could Switch benefit from Pokémon Go's success, and how could Pokémon Go benefit from Switch's success?

After all, it was Nintendo who released "Pokémon Go Plus", a bluetooth wearable device, developed by Nintendo's Platform Technology Division, that allows players to enjoy the game without looking at their smartphone. Would Nintendo ever dare to create more Pokémon Go accessories like that — possibly even for the Switch?

Joe Merrick, the creator of Serebii.net, once wrote an article on Nintendo Life titled "What Pokémon Go and the Pokemon series could learn from each other."

As we wait for an announcement on the upcoming Pokémon title, which will be revealed before the end of this month, think about what Pokémon Go might mean for the future of the Pokémon series. I suspect that the naming/branding for this year's Pokémon Switch title (there's two versions) might raise a few eyebrows.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds terrible to me. I'm very likely out if it's what I'm expecting it to be: gen 1 pandering to the max.

Oh well.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Well I suppose one of the main lessons to learn is a more open world Pokemon game.
This can also be learnt from Breath of the Wild and would suit Pokemon down to the ground.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't there a Pokemon Me and Pokemon You rumor? Those names will certainly raise some eyebrows...

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I'm intrigued.

Pokewalker like accesory? Or some GPS based accesory?

On both cases a Phone app might make more sense, and nintendo IS using Phone apps in splatoon.

And the titles. Pokémon you and me rumour fits that description.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon Journey and Pokemon Destination
Pokemon Stroll and Pokemon Hike
Pokemon Jog and Pokemon Sprint

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Cant think of much that GO has to offer since its a social orienteering app and not a video game
maybe being free to play with micro transactions?

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
the only thing added was that the names would raise some eyebrows and that it would be this month which is cool I guess. Direct maybe like the 23rd? (I dont know why they would not hold on it for E3...but Nintendo)

Buffum

Nov 17, 2017
I'm intrigued.

Pokewalker like accesory? Or some GPS based accesory?

On both cases a Phone app might make more sense, and nintendo IS using Phone apps un splatoon.

And the titles,. Pokémon you and me rumour fits that description.
Or rather than a new phone app, integration with Pokemon Go itself.
Didn't dataminers find Pokemon Go info in Sun/Moon? Could've been scrapped for that game and moved to the Switch while they waited for Pokemon Go to iron itself out.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Pokemon Go Red and Pokemon Go Blue

Pokemon Me and Pokemon You

Pokemon Go Hard and Pokemon Go Home

All great choices.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pokémon GoGOAT?

gogoat.jpg

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Nice article ! Just casually dropping a bomb like that : by the way Pokemon Switch Reveal is before the end this month...

Wait ! What ???

PcmEjjv.gif

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
As a resolute Pokemon Go player (my local community is a good'un), I hope it's more interactivity between the two via a PokeWalker esque smartphone app or something of that nature rather than anything remotely touching the battle system.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Pokemon Go Plus is still probably the most disappointing Nintendo product I've bought in a decade. Almost everything about it is poorly designed. And I love Pokemon Go.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Cant think of much that GO has to offer since its a social orienteering app and not a video game
maybe being free to play with micro transactions?
player held gyms would be pretty awesome (these would be separate than the main ones obviously), guilds/clans for players to take part in (like red/yellow/blue). Bigger focus on MP than before maybe even higher chances of spawns when playing the game on the go (fuck that if thats something real) etc.

Lots of cool things that can switch it up for sure. Also you know...HD :P

Lets just hope they dont pick up microtransactions to speed up egg hatching, always online and the battle system from Pokemon GO.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I never got into Pokemon Go. I'm curious what they might do. Pokemon always strives to bring people together (that's why there are two versions), and Pokemon Go has been their best game, at doing that. That thinking is also a big reason as to why the series has been so successful, so I'm really curious how they plan to innovate on that. I honestly have no clue.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm honestly not even bothered what shape the first mainline Pokemon game takes on Switch. I just really want to play a Pokemon game on it. It could be a direct port of X/Y with upres'd assets for all I care. I'll buy it and have a blast.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Bringing light to the power of Kanto nostalgia.

Kanto remake here we cooooooome

EXCEPT IT'S 100 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE AND HALF OF IT IS UNDER WATER AND EVERYONE YOU LOVED IS DEAD.

If its like GO then it means additional content being added gradually. I suddenly see why the whole "it might get mixed reactions" thing might be relevant and feel a bit nauseous :S

player held gyms would be pretty awesome (these would be separate than the main ones obviously), guilds/clans for players to take part in (like red/yellow/blue). Bigger focus on MP than before maybe even higher chances of spawns when playing the game on the go (fuck that if thats something real) etc.

Lots of cool things that can switch it up for sure. Also you know...HD :P

Lets just hope they dont pick up microtransactions to speed up egg hatching, always online and the battle system from Pokemon GO.

I cant wait to have my gym taken down by hacked pokemon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.