• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Undisputed remains kings.

Absolutely love Skip & Shannon.

Speak For Yourself is quite good as well. Marcellus and Acho have great perspectives on may topics, given their NFL backgrounds.

Chemistry is so important to these kinds of shows; Max will be sorely missed.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I like his takes sometimes, SAS is great, but without another good take, the show could become unwatchable.

I like the two of them as a pair, the guest are always great too.

I don't like the show at all when the two of them are not there.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
ESPN did at one point. It was called Edge NFL Matchup, and that ended when the channel wanted to be like the sports version of modern MTV or broadcast Jerry Springer level of entertainment. Not only is it loud drivel, you see these guys flip flop their opinions and say outlandish shit just for the buzz. One that comes to mind is Skip saying he doesn't have sympathy for mental illness. Recently, SAS was being an ignorant asshole about Ohtani not speaking fluent English. Colin Cowherd does the same throw-shit-against-the-wall opinions and gloats when one sticks.

It's only good someone like Mark Cuban goes on a show and asks them to explain their opinions on a subject. When they can't, it's over.

Yep...matchup was great. Especially when Jaws would be the one breaking down tape.

Jun 10, 2018
Shannon is a fun guy. Skip is too predictable at this point. Lebron sucks. Brady is Jesus. Go Cowboys. Yawn.
Yeah but Unc Shay's greatness gets the best out of Skip. Skip is way less obnoxious and more willing to playfully troll on Undisputed, such as him getting in on Shay's props and his coming out of his alter ego, Drip Bayless.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Yep...matchup was great. Especially when Jaws would be the one breaking down tape.
NFL Matchup still exist. It comes on pretaped at like 5am during the season. Tim Legler usually gets like 10 minutes to actually talk about x and o basketball on SVP's late night Sportscenter. Other than that I can't think of any actual analysis.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but Unc Shay's greatness gets the best out of Skip. Skip is way less obnoxious and more willing to playfully troll on Undisputed, such as him getting in on Shay's props and his coming out of his alter ego, Drip Bayless.

Agree. Skip still has a stick up his ass but he's having way more fun with it on Undisputed.
Undisputed is the better show between the two by a clear margin imo. They could vary up their topics a bit but it seems like Brady & Bron = views so they gonna keep milking that cow.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped listening to the show.

I do back to the show from time to time when there are major social events that happened, like the Jan 6th Capital Attack.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I only know Max as a pretty good boxing commentator. Would be cool to see him come back to that but he'll go wherever the money is I'm sure

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Im sure its not too hard to find someone with equally bad hot takes, Hows that Tom Brady cliff looking?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Im sure its not too hard to find someone with equally bad hot takes, Hows that Tom Brady cliff looking?
Brady is still a huge statistical outlier. Not a terrible take and he was not alone. Max just held on the take too long.

Brady is has been fortunate to being a fanatic about his health and playing in the most QB friendly era both with protection, play style, and the rules.

He's still the GOAT, no doubt.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
If they wanted to make the show better, they'd keep SAS and Max and replace Molly with literally any of the people who've filled in for her over the years. All of her replacements have actually contributed to conversations in a meaningful way, and discussions come off feeling a hell of a lot more fluid as a result.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
If they wanted to make the show better, they'd keep SAS and Max and replace Molly with literally any of the people who've filled in for her over the years. All of her replacements have actually contributed to conversations in a meaningful way, and discussions come off feeling a hell of a lot more fluid as a result.
She barely gets time to talk. One of the reasons I'm not fan of the current format. Same with Undisputed, which is why Joy left.

I prefer the relaxed and equitable approach of SportsNation. But SportsNation is not a Hot Take show.

Jay Crawford was probably the best because they let him speak.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
She barely gets time to talk. One of the reasons I'm not fan of the current format. Same with Undisputed, which is why Joy left.

I prefer the relaxed and equitable approach of SportsNation. But SportsNation is not a Hot Take show.

Jay Crawford was probably the best because they let him speak.

She has nothing meaningful to say when she is given a chance to talk

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have cable or pay attention to sports anymore, but that sounds like a way to make First Take completely unwatchable.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Max and Molly are Giants fans, they going to replace Max with some obnoxious Cowboys fan, they looking for another Skip..

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone been watching the show while SAS is on vacation? It's actually a decent show without him lol. SAS really brings the clownshow. Unfortunately, that's what gets the eyeballs.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone been watching the show while SAS is on vacation? It's actually a decent show without him lol. SAS really brings the clownshow. Unfortunately, that's what gets the eyeballs.

I thought the opposite tbh, not necessarily because I miss SAS - but the fill ins have been trash. It was double trash when Max was out too.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
max kellerman.. the guy who said Tom Brady would "fall of a cliff" back in 2015. He further added that he would be a "bum in short order".
Oh my…..

Last edited:

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I was expecting to read he did something bad. I kind of hate that I just assume that now.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they are just making it SAS and the host Molly.
pug-what.gif

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stephen A is fake as hell. I don't see the point of this. At least with both of these dumbasses on the same show, there was some balance. Stephen A by himself would be a complete waste of time, the guy even commentates about sports that he is completely clueless about and nearly all of his predictions are always wrong.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna miss Max, didn't always have the best takes but he was a real one on a majority of social issues…they're going to replace him with Perkins aren't they!?!?!?….🙄🙄🙄

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
Max had anti-chemistry with Stephen A and it made First Take unwatchable. He also has no charisma. You need a strong personality to be on that type of show. That's why Skip and Shannon work pretty decently, as well as Skip and Stephen A before that.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Max had anti-chemistry with Stephen A and it made First Take unwatchable. He also has no charisma. You need a strong personality to be on that type of show. That's why Skip and Shannon work pretty decently, as well as Skip and Stephen A before that.
I would agree that for the format Skip worked better. But I got tired on the same Lebron/Cowboys nonsense. I catch some Undisputed clips on YT but I could never watch a full episode due to that nonsense.

Skip has been playing the same Greatest Hits of Lebron trolling, Cowboy's adoring, and Brady loving takes for more than a decade now.

Also Max and Marcellus Wiley had some great chemistry. It's really who you gel with.

It was clear SAS didn't respect Max as well. Max was too nice. I guess the money was nice for him to take that abuse.

Oct 28, 2017
Max was trash on First Take, which is already worse than Undisputed at this point as a comedy hot take debate show, and you can tell he was never truly comfortable being a hot take machine.

Just compare his First Take garbage with anything time he talks about boxing. It's night and day.