• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 23, 2017
63b3fddf747b5732f34a0787208745521588635236_full.jpg

Crunchyroll

According to Japanese tracking company Oricon, who tracks the physical releases of media in Japan, with the release of the historic 100th volume of the One Piece manga, all 100 volumes have physically sold 1 million copies according to the platform, all well as had 50 of the last 51 volumes debut at 1st place on the manga ranking charts, with only JUJUTSU KAISEN's 16th volume ranking above One Piece's 99th volume earlier this year.

Another Oricon record that One Piece currently holds is that it is the only series to have a volume debut at 1st place every year since tracking started 14 years ago, with Attack on Titan coming up second with a volume debuting at number one over 11 years.

I knew it was hugely popular but not this popular. o.O

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of money. The goat shonen manga doing what other shonen manga can't.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greatest series of all-time.

It's not even just a volume thing, as this demonstrates.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Now release bigger format volumes (like in JUMP) please and you'd have another 100 more sold volumes just from me 😆 Already own the regular volumes 1-70 but I really don't like reading pocket sized volumes anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved in every possible way. Week to week there's never been any fiction my friends and I discuss and speculate more about than One Piece.
Fantastic news.

Now if only the current arc didn't suck as much as it does.
…and thread derailed.

But no, seriously, why does it suck? It has to be one of the best arcs in the last decade, nearing Marineford levels depending on how Oda sticks the landing. The series wide build-up to it, the dozens of interweaving stories and histories coming together, the major twist was great, heart wrenching/series-defining flashback with Oden, every character has gotten a major combat moment and the arc isn't even over yet, the list goes on… this arc to me is what One Piece is best at with very few lulls to think of.

So I feel like this is one of the few arcs you might want to substantiate your opinion with more than a drive-by…

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of tragic that One Piece debuted at #1 for every volume except for #99. So close, yet so far...

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Is it worth starting the English anime from episode 1? Does it still hold up?