• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
https://fallguys.com/news/fall-guys-dive-into-the-guinness-book-of-world-records

Mediatonic said:
as we can joyfully reveal that Fall Guys have made it into...The Guinness Book of World Records!

Mediatonic said:
Those record-breaking Fall Guys (not going to lie, that does feel pretty good to say…) can be found in the latest edition of Guinness' iconic annual, sitting betwixt sporting legends, unimaginable feats of human endeavour and of course…"Fastest 5m on a scooter by a dog and cat (pair)". Our accolade of being the most downloaded PlayStation Plus game of all-time is included, alongside other nifty gaming stats.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad for them. Unfortunately the game didn't have the staying power I'd hoped it would for me so I was kinda done with it in a week. Tbh it seemed most were and it hype bubble came and went fast so it's good to hear this wasn't exactly the case.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many are going to act a fool and say its dead when its been on Steam's top sellers since release. It is currently 7th due to a sale globally and has been in the Top 100 since release, ala Sea of Thieves.

Quick look at Steam Charts has it at 57th on Steam's Most Played list.

Last edited:

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
It's the kind of game there is no reason not to try. Anyone can do well right from the start and even failing is a hilariously good time.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I wouldn't call this perception an era bubble thing. Every post made by the Fall Guys social media team has a long chain of "lol ded game" comments in the replies, despite the game seemingly doing fine.

Starcraft 2 has been going through that for 5 years now, and you can still find thousands of people playing the game at any time. It's just some stupid internet thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I was interested at launch but decided not to buy the game because I missed out on the Gordon Freeman and the beta participation costumes. Now over a year later I've missed out on a huge amount more so I don't see any point in buying this game any more. I hate FOMO mechanics.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it was already the most downloaded PS+ game ever in since September 2020. With ever rising subscriber numbers it shows a considerable part of the subscribers don't bother claiming all games they are entitled to.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
This is a joke right? It's still massively popular.

Also they added in cross-play, which only only helps the longevity of the game. I play it every now and then and never have issues finding a quick game. I even nabbed it on Steam when it was recently on sale, as I play on my PC more than my PS5 anyway.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there cross progression between PC and PS4/5? I played a bit on PC awhile back and I might snag it for PS5 if I get access to my cosmetics on there.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I booted it up again recently and had a fun 30-45 minutes with it. I was also pleasantly surprised at how many minigames they've added in the meantime.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This is totally off topic, but I treat everything Guinness is involved with a great deal of skepticism nowadays. You basically pay them to be included - and they'll find a category for you to be in. And even if you beat records in a verifiable way, they'll never adjudicate it without you, of course, paying for it.

That said, I assume this one is legit regardless, and good for them! A little surprised that this surpassed Rocket League, but I suppose Fall Guys perhaps hit an even broader spectrum of people who don't otherwise play games? Either way, I'd be interested to see which games that have been on PS+ and XBLG have been downloaded the most (or had the most players) total lifetime. Unless this is that stat, rather than just most downloaded within the period it was on PS+? Oo and then which games have been downloaded the most AFTER their PS+ periods have ended.

We'll never get it, but I'd love it!

May 24, 2019
Playstation Plus specifically is strangely narrow. These awards have to be bought and sold (edit: Not to cheat someone else out of the prize, I'm sure they were the top, but influenced to award the category at all.) There's no way Guinness just happened to be tracking PS+ games and rang them up.

edit: I know pretty much everything they record will have been brought to their attention, but GWR should be about interesting and oddball accomplishments, not getting a company/product some PR for something as plain as download numbers.

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
And now it's pretty much dead
Based on what? Are you experiencing long queues to enter matches? Are the developers not releasing new content in both cosmetic and gameplay changes? Are people not playing it or streaming it?

Just checking now, it's the 19th highest game for viewers on Twitch right now at 9am ET on a Saturday, beating out R6 Siege and FFXIV. I don't know why people insist or are eager to declare that an online game is "dead" because they're not putting up nuclear explosion numbers anymore.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a very welcome diversion last year, it was basically the 1 v 100 moment but on Playstation.

Oct 25, 2017
Good shit, game deserves it.

I still end up dropping in and checking out the latest seasons or new gamemodes, the hardcore race mode was fantastic.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Game isn't dead lol. Internet hyperbole. The fact that they keep updating it with events and stuff is great

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game going free to play?

Also, was the Bomberman skin a limited time only, or is it available indefinitely?

Haven't touched it in over a year, and I don't have PS Plus anymore.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Starcraft 2 has been going through that for 5 years now, and you can still find thousands of people playing the game at any time. It's just some stupid internet thing.

This is definitely true though blizzard essentially abandoning the game has made the 'ded game' meme around SC2 a little more real. There's still a decent pro scene and plenty of people playing the game but it's not really going to be receiving much in the way of content anymore.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
That's a very specific category for a world record. Most downloaded game on a single videogame manufacturers online store