• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice. Just wish it wasn't black and shiny like that so it photographed better. Classic marble or plaster would have been great, yanno? Or maybe a bronze.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
You get more people on your side by not being lame and tacky. See: PETA.
It's not for you. It's aimed at Christians who want religious statues erected on state grounds, but only if it's pro-Christianity. Making it as unpalatable and offensive to those people is the point. If they have to deal with a tacky, offensive statue hailing Satan, they may stop requesting religious statues and monuments be built altogether.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
From my understanding there are two completely separate groups. The satanic temple, these guys, and the Church of Satan. Unfortunately people keep getting the two confused. I think these people should absolutely keep doing these sort of things.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
It's not for you. It's aimed at Christians who want religious statues erected on state grounds, but only if it's pro-Christianity. Making it as unpalatable and offensive to those people is the point. If they have to deal with a tacky, offensive statue hailing Satan, they may stop requesting religious statues and monuments be built altogether.

Ah, now I get it. In that case, they are probably doing alright. :P

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
BBC

_104627385_47308251_2225042981152419_1003834243345809408_o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, i must admit, the moto "Knowledge is the greatest gift" truly must feel as a personnal insult to many americans.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I.e. an organized religion protesting other organized religions?
Yes. They fight for the separation of church and state. This is one way that they protest religious groups, mainly Christian, being allowed to use public property for religious imagery. They'll put their stuff right next to it until it stops.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
I'm trying to puzzle out the seasonal message.
Is it a biblical co-opt where the act that led to the expulsion from Eden is flipped a bit by the snake extending from the hand to represent the beginning and renewal of human aspirations? To correspond with the solstice.

It reminds me of those hand of the mysteries:
e219fa4fdd3e475ee417b9000e1d2163.jpg

They're not really into that sort of supernatural thing though, right?
Fire light is nice and seasonal, it's surprising it's not a touch more Promethean.
Still, the diffuse red light from below does give a pleasant hellfire glow and the hand a demonic shadow and shine.