• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Looks like there's a a Fire Emblem Expo on May 4th in Japan. Unfortunately, no details for now, will be detailed during the next FE0 livestream next Saturday (link on the website). It will take place at Zepp Toyko, so that seems to be a pretty major event (not just for FE0).

Really got no clue what this event could be, as the website is quite empty at the moment (understatement of the year).

Looks like IS are really serious about their fans events in Japan at least. I doubt Three Houses will be shown there (maybe playable), since it's slated for a Spring release and it might actually be out by the time the event takes place. If the Fire Emblem anime ramblings are legit and not just fan hallucinations, then I guess we could hear / see something about it there.

Has there been such an event before?

Last edited:

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they've done events that are 90% Cipher focused, and this could be another one of those, but maybe I'm getting my wires crossed.

OP
OP
Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I feel like they've done events that are 90% Cipher focused, and this could be another one of those, but maybe I'm getting my wires crossed.

I also thought it could be FE0-only, but there's no indication of that so it's suspicious. I mean, it would be called Fire Emblem 0 Expo if that was only about the TCG. Besides, I doubt they went and rented Zepp Tokyo just for a FE0 event, doesn't really add up imo.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Three Houses is delayed again, into summer, and thus on display here and E3.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I also thought it could be FE0-only, but there's no indication of that so it's suspicious. I mean, it would be called Fire Emblem 0 Expo if that was only about the TCG. Besides, I doubt they went and rented Zepp Tokyo just for a FE0 event, doesn't really add up imo.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the first time they've done a general "Fire Emblem Expo". So could be more going on here.

OP
OP
Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Since people are asking about the anime ramblings, here's what I was thinking about:

9uqoyd3cxliz.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem...in_lucinas_spear_from_heroes_new_fire_emblem/

Has this been debunked or not? If yes, I will remove that tidbit from the OP.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouln't worry about FE being delayed because of a fan event. lol This kind of event is used to announce more merch and multimedia projects, so this is what I woud expect if it's really a FE general event and not just a Cipher one.

There are anime rumblings? All my yes
Yeah. There was a hidden reference to it in a Lucina art once.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Three Houses will release that date and they'll announce:
Fire Emblem Awakening Anime
Update to Fire Emblem Heroes
New Cipher Cards
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch Port (with a trailer for the sequel after the credits)
Radiant Collection Switch
and for good measure Echoes Genealogy of the Holy War

Sadly nothing else.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I said this in the media create thread, but Fire Emblem's growth over the past generation is crazy.

This is a really smart idea on IS's part.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they are making an anime I wonder what game they are adapting, I think the very first game has a very sweet story to tell, but Awakening is probably the more anime-friendly.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this ends up being around Tokyo, I'd love to be able to go there!

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
If they are making an anime I wonder what game they are adapting, I think the very first game has a very sweet story to tell, but Awakening is probably the more anime-friendly.

Heroes makes a lot of sense as a light hearted gag series that can throw in a wide variety of characters and promote the entire series, with an easily managed central plot that can be covered briefly.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouln't worry about FE being delayed because of a fan event. lol This kind of event is used to announce more merch and multimedia projects, so this is what I woud expect if it's really a FE general event and not just a Cipher one.

Yeah. There was a hidden reference to it in a Lucina art once.
This seems like the perfect event then

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. To think this franchise was almost dead

It was pretty strong in the GBA era too, but the GC/Wii/DS titles seemed like they were specifically tailored to bloodily execute whatever popularity the series had begun to find outside Japan.

It took a while until they found out they needed to make their games attractive for them to sell, but thankfully they managed it just before it became too late.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
It was pretty strong in the GBA era too, but the GC/Wii/DS titles seemed like they were specifically tailored to bloodily execute whatever popularity the series had begun to find outside Japan.

It took a while until they found out they needed to make their games attractive for them to sell, but thankfully they managed it just before it became too late.
Haha, that's a little harsh, even though that's what ended up happening.

Their plan was to build up success with the GBA games so they could work on their dream console game(s). However, they were perhaps a little bit too ambitious. Then after Radiant Dawn failed to light things up, they went back to the drawing back and chose the safest option in a reboot of the first game.

On paper, these things should have worked, but that doesn't take into account the finances and execution...

Anyway, I'm really excited, but announcing literally no details is a very... strange decision.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The bird in the top right of the image is presumably the FEH mascot, an in-universe fan of the heroes in that game.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
A slightly cynical take is that maybe it's because of how popular FE Heroes (mobile game) is and has nothing to do with Three Houses.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A slightly cynical take is that maybe it's because of how popular FE Heroes (mobile game) is and has nothing to do with Three Houses.

Eh, Awakening revived the franchise and led to Heroes and Cipher in the first place. Fates sold even more with 3m WW. Heroes benefits from the console games and the console games benefit from Heroes.

tenor.gif

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
No doubt the popularity of FEH is a big reason why they're doing an expo in the first place, but I think it's safe to expect a variety of FE-related content. They'd probably just do a regular livestream event if there was only mobile news.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On paper, these things should have worked, but that doesn't take into account the finances and execution...
The main problem was that they made a very hardcore game for one of the most unpopular Nintendo systems ever in Japan, then when the successor console game with a ton of new casual players, they made a sequel for it.

It was basically, wrong time and wrong place.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
The main problem was that they made a very hardcore game for one of the most unpopular Nintendo systems ever in Japan, then when the successor console game with a ton of new casual players, they made a sequel for it.

It was basically, wrong time and wrong place.
Yeah, I agree. Hindsight is one heck of a boon, haha.

At the time, they were experimenting with a more RPG and RTS-like FE for the Wii. But who knows how well received it would've been.

Hopefully Three Houses proves there's still an audience for console FEs. The Jugdral and Tellius games are among my favourites and more of those would be cool.

Anyway, sorry for the digression, but there's not much info to discuss so... Haha.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
With such an early announcement, yes this gonna be big. I am assuming cross-media proper franchise big. Anime, Three Houses blowout 2 or so months before release, FE Cipher expansion to the west, FE Heroes 2 with some sort of FE Cipher communication (QR code in each pack for a digital bonus in game), #FE Port, the works. Events like this only get announced half a year away when they have to deal with a lot of cross company communications and planning. This also goes the same for news outlets, if you have to get coverage for games, anime, merchandising sites, etc you can't just spring this up on everyone only 2 months before